PETER AND THE STARCATCHER to Move to New World Stages after Broadway Closing

TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Star
YAYYYYYY! This show definitely deserves it.
Some people can get a thrill, knitting sweaters and sitting still. That's okay for some people, who don't know they're alive!
little_sally
Broadway Legend
Woo! So glad this show is going to live on a bit longer!
A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.
sowren1020
Stand-by
Great news! This show deserves to run and run!
Emmaloucbway
Broadway Star
This news makes me really happy!! I'm so glad Starcatcher gets to continue its run!! Here's to a great run at New World Stages!

Also, did they report which show it will replace?
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
No, but as discussed in another thread, 1 seems to be open.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Stage 1 has indeed been open since Rent closed, so I can only assume that it will be going there.
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
tobiasragg
Broadway Legend
This is just so wonderful!! This show deserves to run and run forever. Most innovative and inspiring storytelling I've ever seen.
"Bring down my things. I'm going out of this world exactly the way I came in to it: wearing a hat." - Colleen Donaghy, "30 Rock" -- "The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not."
mmh1019
Understudy
fantastic! this makes me so happy!! I think this could breathe new life into the show, having a smaller stage, really bringing the audience close to the environment, that could be really really cool.
broadwaydevil
Broadway Legend
Wonderful news. I think it will have a good life off-Broadway like Avenue Q has had.
Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.
uncageg
Broadway Legend
It will go into Stage 1.
Just give the world Love.
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
So happy this is finally official, can't wait to see who will transfer with the production, or what fresh faces might join the cast.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Adding my voice to the chorus of those celebrating this news! Wonderful!
"Two drifters off to see the world... there's such a lot of world to see"
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
WOOHOO!! So happy for this show!! I wonder if Borle would ever return to the show, even with it moving off-Broadway??
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
TheatreKid3
Broadway Star
Doesn't this mark the first "Disney" show to ever play Off-Broadway?
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
I don't know anything about NWS, so there is more then one stage I assume?
little_sally
Broadway Legend
Yep, New World Stages is a complex with four stages.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.
Updated On: 1/1/13 at 11:32 PM
rja16
Swing
Easily one of the best and most creative shows I've ever seen. So happy to see it live on. Can't wait to see it again.
Mrs. Bumbrake
Swing
So happy to hear this confirmed - what a great way to start out a new year!
ChairinMain
Featured Actor
Hell to the yes! THE STACHE FOREVER!!
Brave Sir Robin2
Broadway Legend
Hey! I might actually get to see when when I go to New York in May then!
"What's wrong with bottoms? If it wasn't for them, I would have nothing to do!" - TheatreDiva90016
""Well, who needs cake when Jordan's here having orgasms? - CATSNYrevival
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
This already WAS off b'way, it's returning. It was at New York Theater Workshop (as was Once) back in Spring of 2011.

(Oh, how quickly people forget.)
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
BTW...for those unfamiliar with NWS, it was built as a movie theater, which is why t has multiple spaces.

It's a pretty cool space, IMO.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Wonderful news.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
macnyc
Broadway Legend
The New World has five stages.
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
This is a weird space for Peter, but I'm happy it lives on!

(Now, about Fat Camp...?)
"you know what I quit this board, you all can go **** yourselves." - thismyshow

Page: