Comscore

Les Miserables soundtrack preview clips!

ashley77
Chorus Member
Did anyone post this yet? Short preview clips of songs from the soundtrack. I'm really loving Eddie Redmayne

http://www.archambault.ca/various-artists-les-miserables-highlights-fr%20%20om-the-motion-picture-soundtrack-ACH003285891-en-pr
willep Profile Photo
willep
Broadway Legend
Thanks for posting. Some of them are definitely not the right clips, which is kind of amusing haha.
Joviedamian Profile Photo
Joviedamian
Broadway Star
What do you mean, NOT the right clips?
My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
Broadway Legend
LALALALALALAI don't hear anythingLALALALALALALA!
Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.
willep Profile Photo
willep
Broadway Legend
Well, a personal favorite for me is The Bishop. Colm never sounded so...good?

Updated On: 12/19/12 at 11:00 PM
HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
Broadway Legend
Pleasantly surprised by almost all of the clips. Still very optimistic about the movie and can't wait to see it. Cheers!
SporkGoddess Profile Photo
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
Definitely worried about Hugh Jackman now.
Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
mb87
Understudy
he's very good in the movie. The only problem is his belting lacks strength.

That was the biggest problem I had with the film was that none of the characters belt the way I was used to in the show. Both I Dreamed A Dream and On My Own never hit the full potential as in the show. Anne's acting completely makes up for it. But, Samantha is rather lackluster in the role.
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/les-miserables-highlights/id583631029

Go to Australia iTunes; it's already available and includes previews...
qolbinau Profile Photo
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
I've barely experienced the show (I've watched the 10th Anniversary concert and listened to the OLC a few times), but listening to Hathaway's "I DREAMED A DREAM", it is so sincere and 'acted' that it is so much more satisfying than the way I have heard it in previous recordings.

To me, this is the equivalent of Bernadette or Glynis Johns acting SEND IN THE CLOWNS vs an over the top opera singer performing a vocal exercise.

(To be clear, there is some impressive belting by Hathaway still, I think. Particularly because she is not peaking too early/giving a one-note performance in the song that when she does the effect is stronger).

I doubt this sincerity could have been achieved without a live recording, but the quality of the vocal recording on this album is very much lacking (well, it's quite frankly awful. The mix with the orchestra sounds particularly awful!!!)

Updated On: 12/20/12 at 06:57 PM
somethingbypuccini Profile Photo
somethingbypuccini
Swing
I'm surprised that Do You Hear the People Sing? isn't on the highlights soundtrack. You would think ti was one of the more recognizable songs from the show.
all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
Broadway Legend
I loved drink with me, is that gavroche singing? And why are there only 20 tracks?

Updated On: 12/21/12 at 09:17 AM
SporkGoddess Profile Photo
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
I'm listening to it right now and agree that the orchestra mix is pretty bad.
Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!