IN THE HEIGHTS Will Return for One-Night Only Benefit in Washington Heights, February 11!

kidbroadway2
Leading Actor
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
If I lived in NYC, I'd be at this in a heartbeat! I love this show!
gstrus2
Broadway Star
Will tickets for this be expensive? Or the price of a regular broadway show?
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
The link says there are $30 tickets, but it doesn't give any other prices.
Updated On: 12/10/12 at 09:39 PM
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
A friend of mine who stays in contact with several of the old cast members texted me when the story came out and said tickets to the general public are $45-150 ($30 tix are for people from the area). Probably will make the trip from Cali for this...never saw the original cast, by the time I saw it the first time both Mandy Gonzalez and Karen Olivo had left
jdtp12
Featured Actor
Would really like to see this if I lived closer. It'd be nice if it was professionally filmed in some capacity, but I really don't see much of a possibility for that happening.
broadwayfever
Featured Actor
I will definitely be attending.

One of my all-time favorites...can hardly wait to see the show.
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
I was in NYC while the show was in previews. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a risk on a show I knew nothing about and seeing it for $30 a ticket. They were selling the WHOLE house for $30 a seat from what I understood. :-/
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
According to the playbill.com story:
As part of the Viva Broadway initiative, upper Manhattan residents will have access to $30 tickets to In the Heights: In Concert by visiting the Manhattan Times Office, located at 5030 Broadway. Tickets will go on sale to the general public Dec. 14 via Telecharge.

playbill story
Updated On: 12/12/12 at 01:08 AM
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
I would love to see this having seen the original cast twice when In The Heights opened on Broadway. I feel the same way as DEClarke, if I lived in New York, I would be there in a heartbeat!
broadwayfever
Featured Actor
I you never got a chance to see this musical make sure you see it this time around. Especially, since the original cast is going to be performing.
zepka102
Broadway Legend
I'm crying because I live so far now.
::bust a move::
theminutepast
Broadway Star
The only problem is that it's on a Monday night.
center
Understudy
Does anyone know if Telecharge's 'on sale Friday' generally means typical box office/business hours or if it means Thursday at midnight?
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
The same friend who gave me the ticket price range told me Lin-Manuel's dad tweeted today it would be 10a EST. Yes, she apparently follows his father. She needs help.
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
And for the people who are saying "I wish I lived closer," I'm in San Diego. Unless you're in Hawaii or Alaska, I'm probably farther. And bringing a friend from LA. We're talking quasi-history here. Suck it up for love! (note: this is said mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I really am coming from San Diego for this event)
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
One last note: for the folk who are interested in the $30 neighborhood tix,this from the community newspaper (Manhattan Times):

A special block of tickets is available for northern Manhattan residents that can be purchased in person for $30 each at The Manhattan Times office located at 5030 Broadway, Room 801, New York, New York 10034 starting Tues., Dec. 18th.

To purchase tickets, please call 212.569.5800.

Please note:

Only one ticket will be sold per person.

Buyer must show proof of residence in northern Manhattan, defined as between West 155th and 228th Streets).

Tickets must be paid with cash or with a credit card, no checks.
Full Manhattan Times Article (highly recommended read)
abbagirl
Understudy
Doh, was hoping it'd maybe at least be 2 tix per person, as I do live in the Heights and plan to get myself a $30 ticket...ah well. Guess ill be going solo, then. :)
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird. You might as well ask for two and let them tell you it's one per person :)
abbagirl
Understudy
Or go back a 2nd time another day and maybe get another person to sell me a 2nd? Lol. Unless they make some kind of record of your name and address, I suppose...
grumpyoptimist
Featured Actor
abbagirl
Understudy
Oh yeah, I'm sure it probably is...although, even if we couldn't sit together it'd be nice to get one of my equally poor friends in for $30! :) But I'll take what I can get...
TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Star
Hee... In the heights is in the heights......
Some people can get a thrill, knitting sweaters and sitting still. That's okay for some people, who don't know they're alive!
center
Understudy
Thanks for the info, grumpyoptimist!
madbrian
Broadway Legend
I wonder if this show will lose some of its energy in a concert setting. For me, its energy was a big part of what made it so compelling.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Page: