Anne Hathaway's I Dreamed a Dream Question

EgermanArmfelt Profile PhotoEgermanArmfelt Profile Photo
EgermanArmfelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
For those of you who have seen the screenings of Les Mis, which take of "I Dreamed a Dream" did they use? The teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5UStefYmE or the international take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvHzCLP6ug

Updated On: 12/9/12 at 06:13 PM
defyingravity11 Profile Photodefyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I believe it's the international take, although they may have edited sections for both trailers/teasers.
"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott
bjh2114 Profile Photobjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh wow. I hadn't heard this cut from the international trailer before. Anne sounds SOOOOOO much better in that version. I hope they use that one in the film.
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That version definitely sounds a lot better. Why in the world have they been using the other take?
EgermanArmfelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
I think for teaser purposes, maybe they wanted to emphasize how the actors will be more acting than singing? But I am very happy to hear they will be using the international take. She sounds fantastic.
Fan2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm cribbing this from the IMDB message board, but there's a feature in Empire magazine on Les Mis and Anne was asked:

Q. The two trailers show different versions of the song, one fragile and one quite angry. How many takes did you do?

A. Quite a few, but there was only one that really mattered: the angry one. Funnily enough, when I watched the trailer with my husband, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and I had rage in mine. Well, maybe more fear. They took a rehearsal version and put it in the trailer. I was so confused because Tom and I had agreed which take we would use and that wasn't it. I called Tom and he investigated and the marketing guys said, 'The version for the movie was a bit too raw for the trailer, but your version will be in the film.' So I felt better ... They made the right choice but that initial moment was a big shock. I was just being weird about it.
EgermanArmfelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
Hallelujah!

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - VIDEO: HAIRSPRAY LIVE's Harvey Fierstein Has Fireside Chats With the Cast!
Save $$$ on Tickets to:
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
BWW TV LAST MINUTE with Randy Rainbow Congas to ON YOUR FEET!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
Randy Rainbow Checks in w/ Liza to Chat HAIRSPRAY, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
SHUFFLE ALONG Reunites at Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement AdvertisementAdvertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement