Breaking News: Martin, Roger & Cerveris to Depart EVITA January 26, 2013; New Stars Coming

goldenboy
Broadway Legend
evic
Leading Actor
Didn't Ricky say he was having so much fun that he wanted to renew his contract? He couldn't get any further from Broadway with his new gig. Elena-back to BA? Michael to Siberia?
evic
Leading Actor
Didn't Ricky say he was having so much fun that he wanted to renew his contract? He couldn't get any further from Broadway with his new gig. Elena-back to BA? Michael to Siberia?
Brave Sir Robin2
Broadway Legend
Yeah, what's the rumor? Haha for which part?
"What's wrong with bottoms? If it wasn't for them, I would have nothing to do!" - TheatreDiva90016
""Well, who needs cake when Jordan's here having orgasms? - CATSNYrevival
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Mitch Jarvis for evita, Fred Armisen for Che, and a live Bulbasaur as Peron. Heard it here first.
phan24
Stand-by
the rumor is that Antonio Banderas has already been signed to take over Ricky!!!
showchoirguy
Broadway Star
darquegk, All I can think about now is Fred Armisen as Mayor Bloomberg playing Che...
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
If Antonio is going to be Che, Melanie HAS to be Evita.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Brave Sir Robin2
Broadway Legend
So if they got Antonio, are we getting Madonna and Jonathan Pryce too?
"What's wrong with bottoms? If it wasn't for them, I would have nothing to do!" - TheatreDiva90016
""Well, who needs cake when Jordan's here having orgasms? - CATSNYrevival
BroomstickBoy
Broadway Legend
You can't bring up a rumor and then sit back and watch it fizzle...come back and clarify! Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Who's rumored to be the replacements?
I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)
smallworld
Stand-by
Gabrielle Ruiz is going to be Eva. She announced it on Twitter.
wdwfreak
Broadway Legend
^ No she is not. She is replacing Sydney Morton in the ensemble.
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
"you know what I quit this board, you all can go **** yourselves." - thismyshow
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
I was about to say that this was going to be quite a big jump for her career considering her resume.
Kelly2
Broadway Legend
I just get nervous posting rumors when the information is a little...fishy.
"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Oh no.
"you know what I quit this board, you all can go **** yourselves." - thismyshow
zepka102
Broadway Legend
Gabrielle is a wonderful actress. She was my favorite Nina in In the Heights, and she was an understudy. Being cast in Evita is perfect for her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was an understudy for the Mistress or even Eva. I hate myself for moving farther from the city if that's the case.
::bust a move::
wdwfreak
Broadway Legend
She WILL be replacing Sydney Morton, who is 2nd cover to the mistress.
Kelly2
Broadway Legend
I'm surprised that there is a feeling of excitement for Ruiz's casting. I saw her in HEIGHTS and in a cabaret setting and in both places, she seemed stilted and a little uncomfortable in her own body. I felt like she was pushing vocally on a lot of her top notes, though I thought she had some beautiful lines as a dancer.

To each their own, I'm sure she will be more than capable in this track.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell
Updated On: 12/6/12 at 06:16 PM
shrekster224
Broadway Legend
Ruiz makes a great Diana in A Chorus Line as well. Is Sydney Morton going to Motown? I believe Sasha Hutchings who replaced her in Memphis is also in it.

Page: