Comscore
Advertisement

Breaking News: Martin, Roger & Cerveris to Depart EVITA January 26, 2013; New Stars Coming

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Broadway Legend
Visceral_Fella Profile Photo
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
I doubt DeCicco will get this, but I want her to have something special of her own. She's an incredibly talented young lady.

Updated On: 11/26/12 at 07:33 PM
Quiche2 Profile Photo
Quiche2
Broadway Star
^^ young last? hehe
Theatre is my life. No one can take that away from me.
gstrus2
Broadway Star
anyone have replacement predictions?
emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
Broadway Legend
On my birthday! They can't stand to see me age.
"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999
aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
Broadway Legend
Jan Maxwell for Perón.
What a colossal piece of crap! It'll probably run for years.
somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Considering Michael Reidel reported some time ago that the producers were interested in people like Enrique Iglesias, Marc Anthony, and Antonio Banderas to potentially replace Martin, I'd gather they got one of those three if they're even entertaining the idea of keeping the show open past his run in it. I'm most inclined to think it's Iglesias, though I doubt he'd prove to be as strong a draw at the box office as Martin has been.

As far as Eva goes, as much as she's denied being considered in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Karen Olivo relishing the chance to play the part on Broadway. I'd think her dance chops would be an issue for this particular production, but she's certainly charismatic enough with a voice that would sing the hell out of the score. Who knows- the chance to go back into rehearsal with two other new leads may be enticing to someone like her who would otherwise be reticent to replace.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 11/26/12 at 07:42 PM
Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
SHAKIRA!
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
Quiche2 Profile Photo
Quiche2
Broadway Star
I would LOVE to see Banderas as Che!
Theatre is my life. No one can take that away from me.
wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
Broadway Star
Sara Ramirez. Just have her park and bark the whole show.
"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
Broadway Legend
Bummer that Cerveris isn't extending. He was a magnificent Peron. Elena Roger was very good and Martin, while charismatic, was only servicable.

Something tells me one of the understudies for Peron will take over (John Cudia or Bradley Dean)
sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
Broadway Star
Patti. 3 week limited engagement. Now's their perfect chance.

If Ted Neeley can still play Jesus, Patti can still play Eva.

:-P
"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

Dr. Jennifer Rinaldi will live on forever. Someone get her a Tony.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
I've been saying from the begging that they should get Enrique Iglesias for Che. It would be funny if they actually did.
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
Here_I_Go_Again Profile Photo
Here_I_Go_Again
Broadway Star
i'm surprised they did not try to get them for longer? Love to see Max take over
jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
Leading Actor
Maybe its time for Annalise Von Der Pol to come back to broadway??
showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
Broadway Star
Glad I got to see them all before they left! Absolutely wonderful production!
Visceral_Fella Profile Photo
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Wynbish has the right idea! Mandy Gonzalez would knock it right out of the park. I think she's interested as well. Hopefully they'll have enough sense to cast in this manner, sadly I don't think that they do.

I wouldn't mind Olivo, but her attendance has never been the best and she's never played a role this vocally demanding so I don't know what would happen if she took on Eva.
ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
Can I tell you Annalise was on the list.
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
I'd love for Philip Quast to play Peron.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
Broadway Star
aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
Broadway Legend

Just saying…

What a colossal piece of crap! It'll probably run for years.
broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
Broadway Star
I hope that, if THE ANARCHIST closes, EVITA brings Patti in.
Also, I can't deal with Andrea McArdle in the role.
phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
Stand-by
I would to see Marc Anthony as Che and JLo as Evita! It would be so great to see them play lovers now that they are divorced...
ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
I would hope that with new "stars" coming they are "stars" to the public and not just to the Broadway community.

Page:

Advertisement

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
Advertisement