Comscore

LuPone, McArdle, and Butz to Get 54 Below Recordings

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
Broadway Legend
Exciting! I know when they built the club they made it easy to record shows. Glad they're starting to release them!

Broadway Records Will Release Live Recordings at 54 Below By Patti LuPone, Andrea McArdle, Norbert Leo Butz
"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
Updated On: 10/11/12 at 01:00 PM
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
HOT DAMN!!! Finally Norb gives us an album! Pre-ordering ASAP!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch
Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
Wonderful news! I saw only Patti's show, but I'll definitely want to "collect 'em all!"
Dollypop Profile Photo
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Patti??? Did you say Patti???? [Swoon]
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Why not Mazzie's?

Please?
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
I second that. MARIN! MARIN!
CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Luker, Please.
pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
Broadway Star
I'm typing this as fast as I can so I can pass out!

Wooo!

*DEAD*
I like your imperturbable perspicacity.
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Butz's show was pretty great. He sang and played guitar. A more somber, acoustic feel, but still great, and he was in fine voice. I'd recommend it. But not too many "theater songs."
PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
I vote for Luker too. And Mazzie!
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
Broadway Legend
They announced this as a series, so hopefully others are not far behind. Since 54 Below was built with recording capacity, I can't imagine producing these discs is terribly expensive.
Maybe they're waiting to see how these do, instead of flooding the market with too many?

Hope this keeps up, though. I'm sad I missed Mazzie's show. Heard it was pretty great.
"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
cviolett Profile Photo
cviolett
Chorus Member
Such wonderful news!!

Will definitely get LuPone's...heard her performances were really fantastic. And would kill for Luker and Mazzie's.
www.christopherviolett.com www.twitter.com/ChristopherViVi
another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
Understudy
Great news - thanks for posting it. Just signed up for their mailins list. If they also recorded Brian d'Arcy James and Jason Robert Brown, I'll be one happy person.
BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
Broadway Legend
Sherie Rene Scott will be appearing at 54 Below this month...RECORD HER.
I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)
luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
THIS is wonderful.
A work of art is an invitation to love.

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement