per Michael Ausiello on Twitter
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Oh, I'm MORE than ok with this!
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
I have such a thing for him. This will be good. Suave musical number to boot, please!
romantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
He did a great job on SNL and it will be nice to have someone completely different.
taboo123 Profile Photo
taboo123
Broadway Legend
The Oscars just got yummilicious.

Updated On: 10/1/12 at 12:27 PM
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Interesting choice. I am sure he will do a great job.
JoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Wow. Flush that show down the toilet.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
I loved him on SNL. I think he'll be great.
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
FindingNamo Profile Photo
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
His SNL gig was a perfect episode. I say that as somebody who can't really stomach "Family Guy".
'First the Bastille than the butt plug.' -- M ______
Roscoe Profile Photo
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Feh. I can't stand what I've been able to sit through of McFarlane's pre-adolescent cheap laughs, and his inane antics while hosting SNL (that pathetic monologue where he had Kermit the frog make jokes about how NYC is full of Jews) were an embarassment. This is a really bad choice, a really bad choice, a barefaced bid for ratings.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 10/1/12 at 02:45 PM
DAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
It is such a great choice. They will definitely get that younger demographic they are always striving for.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
So where we stand on this issue as of right now is that some people like it and some people don't. Did I miss anything?
FindingNamo Profile Photo
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
his inane antics?

a barefaced bid for increased viewers?
'First the Bastille than the butt plug.' -- M ______
DAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
If they want ratings then he just needs to make a entrance shirtless. He is delicious. ( and I understand he has belly button trail... immmmmm)
Updated On: 10/1/12 at 02:56 PM
Roscoe Profile Photo
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
He is cute, though. Vile, unfunny, untalented and wildly overrated, the Rob Marshall of American TV comedy, but cute. I'd hate-f*ck him.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 10/1/12 at 03:06 PM
DAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
I think he is very funny. Maybe it is you?
Roscoe Profile Photo
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Maybe it's just a difference of opinion. It does happen round here.
JoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
I was hoping for Daniel Tosh. I guess McFarland is close enough.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
DAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
Maybe. But maybe it is just you?
strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
Broadway Legend
I just feel like this show will be nothing but montages and film references done by his cartoon characters or perhaps even Ted. MacFarlane became the face of a network's entire night- despite being on the same network and night of one of the most influential shows (never mind cartoons) ever. He's talented for sure but his ubiquity and overexposure turn a lot of people off.

I still wish the Muppets could host the Oscars. If I want people making puns and jokes of all the nominees and categories, it would be infinitely improved by being made of felt.

Otherwise, get me Tina Fey or even Robert Downey Jr. hosting. Somebody with a lot of self-deprecation and dry wit.

Updated On: 10/1/12 at 03:16 PM
Roscoe Profile Photo
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Of course, it could just be you.
Updated On: 10/1/12 at 03:19 PM
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Steve Carrell and Tina Fey should host together.
Roscoe Profile Photo
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
"Steve Carrell and Tina Fey should host together."

Now that I'd happily watch.
clever name Profile Photo
clever name
Broadway Legend
The Oscars bore the living daylights out of me..but now I may have to tune in. I love him.
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
I say bring back James "I don't want to be here" Franco and Anne "I want to be here too much" Hathaway.

Page:

Advertisement