Comscore

I'm moving to LA in 6 hours

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/3/12 at 12:03am
Who else is out there? Any advice? Want to meet up?

xoxo

~ff~
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/3/12 at 01:16am
I don't live out there, but was there for almost a week in March. Give yourself plenty of time to get places because the traffic is horrendous. And the public transportation is not as great as in NYC. I also discovered the hard way that they had not updated their website for where to buy the TAP cards (similar to a metro card).
"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/3/12 at 01:21am
Looking forward to meeting you!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/3/12 at 11:26am
If you can, live in an area that has multiple access points in and out (because yes, the FW can be horrible, and if you can have an alternative, it makes things easier).

There is a growing mass transit system, with various metro and train lines through the LA basin. It is not as extensive as NY, but many of my co-workers who commute do take the train into downtown.

LA is really a bunch of neighborhoods, and many folks kind of stay in their own area (in part because of the traffic). So, if you are looking to move to an area, just make sure it has the amenities you want relatively nearby.

Downtown is going through a bit of a renovation, though it is a bit corporate now.

Welcome to LA. As a native, I am a bit biased, but I find there are a lot of good, talented, and very thoughtful people who just happen to live in LA. And, a handful of narcissistic folks thrown in for good measure.
<---------- No kids, no man, but I have some great pussies! And, If you're lucky, you too can call me Your Sassy Hagness.
mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/3/12 at 11:39am
Welcome! You will find it an easy place to move to and live. I did. The only thing is, you MUST have a car. There is no option. Forget public transport.

Head for the west side - Silver Lake and all points west - or the Valley, if you can take the heat and the blandness.

You're making a good move.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
never_has_been Profile Photo
never_has_been
Understudy
Posted: 9/4/12 at 02:15am
My husband and I have been out here for nearly six months. I really like it out here although we've found it difficult to meet people. My agency has housed me in the Miracle Mile/West Hollywood area, which is a great place to live because you can walk to about everything you'd need to go to on a regular basis. There are a lot of great hiking areas; Runyan Canyon offers a beautiful view of the city in the early morning hours. I'd love to find someone to go to shows with if you'd ever like to meet up.
nygrl232 Profile Photo
nygrl232
Broadway Legend
Posted: 9/4/12 at 08:00am
I'm moving there soon. Looking forward to it.
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/10/12 at 10:49am
Hi guys!

I posted this at an ungodly hour of the morning, and then forgot about it until just now.

I've been living in West Hollywood and working in Marina del Rey. This weekend I move to Franklin Hills (between Los Feliz and Silverlake), which is going to make my commute suck.

I'm performing at LA's Manhattan Monologue Slam tonight, if anyone wants to meet up. It's at El Cid (4212 Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90029) at 8pm (Wednesday, October 10th).

Much love!

~A~
YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/10/12 at 11:03am
A very nice area to live but you are right, an awful commute.

Just a tip, sometimes the surface streets are better than the FW. I am not sure how you are getting to the Marina from Franklin Hills but check alternatives to the FW.

And, good luck tonight!

<---------- No kids, no man, but I have some great pussies! And, If you're lucky, you too can call me Your Sassy Hagness.
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/14/12 at 04:35pm
Thanks!

I ended up winning the Monologue Slam. It was awesome!

And thanks for the advice. I'm going to give my GPS a workout...

Advertisement Advertisement