Comscore

Meryl Streep or Judi Dench?

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 01:42am
Just curious. I think Meryl is wonderful, of course, but I prefer Judi.
I leave the room smiling.
Phyllis Rogers Stone Profile Photo
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 02:05am
Why I gotta choose?
JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 05:35am
Both. Choice is impossible.
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 06:21am
Again, why does it have to be one or the other. Both women have done amazing work that will hold up through many years -- we are lucky to have them both.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 06:58am
Yup a total Sophies's Choice.
So unless there is a Nazi guard around....
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 08:57am
Bwahahaha....I see what you did there! Fun.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 09:01am
Both!
....but the world goes 'round
PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 10:54am
They're not flavors of ice cream, you know.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 10:57am
Meryl is not fit to wipe the spittle from Dame Judi Dench's water glass.

I've never seen the attraction of Meryl Streep. So she can put on a fake accent and a wig. Big deal. There is no inner life in her acting. I've seen both women perform live and Judi Dench is the better actress.

Plus, Dench has done film, tv, stage, musicals, comedy, drama, you name it, all done successfuly. She's played Sally Bowles, Desiree Armfeldt, Lady MacBeth, James Bond's M, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Victoria and Iris Murdoch.

Against Judi Dench, Meryl Streep is just a hacktress.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
romantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 10:58am
Shouldn't Maggie Smith be in this question somewhere as well? Impossible to name one over the other. It's like asking a parent which child do you love more? Although, I think,and I am not alone on this, that Judi is probably one of the hottest women passed 75 on the planet. Something so sexy about her.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 10:59am
I think the three of them should be "Sister Wives" to Beau Bridges in a new movie.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 11:03am
"Although, I think,and I am not alone on this, that Judi is probably one of the hottest women passed 75 on the planet."

I was thinking how beautiful she looked in Best Exotic Marigold. When she is filmed with her hair white, it really makes her blue eyes stand out all the more.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 11:37am
Vanessa Redgrave stomps on both. Need proof? She turned a bit part in Mission:Impossible to the most interesting character in the movie.

For you kiddies, watch Isadora, The Devils, Julia, Second Serve just for starters.
"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"
romantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 11:55am
I could not agree with you more. Vanessa was the best thing about MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE. I was hoping she would return in a future MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE film with a bigger part. Her character of Max is so interesting. She is another favorite that needs to be added to this list.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 12:31pm
I can't choose between these amazing ladies. I probably have more of a fondness for Meryl, but I couldn't rank her above Judi, or Vanessa, or Maggie.

The best thing about all of these women is that they have such a palpable love for acting and it pervades all their roles. They aren't doing it for recognition or adoration, they're doing it because they love it and want to do it.
madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 02:11pm
Of these, I'd choose Maggie Smith, though I'm glad that I don't have to choose.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/23/12 at 02:30pm
I do like Maggie Smith, but I feel like now, no matter what she's in, all her scenes consist of the other characters setting her up to say something badass.

I leave the room smiling.
Updated On: 6/23/12 at 02:30 PM
Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/25/12 at 02:14pm
Meryl Streep and Judi Dench. No reason to pick one over the other.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
degrassifan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/25/12 at 04:24pm
I choose Julie Andrews! Haha

But really, this is hard!

Advertisement

Advertisement