Bob Jones Student Caught Watching

Johnnycantdecide
Featured Actor
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/apr/26/bob-jones-student-caught-watching-glee-kicked-camp-ar-3681625/

He also got in trouble for forming a group called “Do Right BJU” to support sexual abuse awareness on campus.

Bob Jones is one of the most anti-christian organization who claim to follow Jesus that I can think of. Until the early 2000’s, you would get expelled for INTERRACIAL DATING. The rule was not revoked until George W petitioned them to stop. You can get expelled, as of now, for listening to modern Christian music. Bob Jones is simply evil.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/28/12 at 02:09pm
Well, it does suck for him, but even a heathen like me knows that going to a a religious school means you're going to have to follow some wacky rules you wouldn't find at non-superstitious secular schools.

ETA - It's a college that give demerits for Christ's sake!
Updated On: 4/28/12 at 02:09 PM
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/28/12 at 02:45pm
I always think, "What did they believe they signed on for?" Anyone who matriculates at Bob Jones (I love the name "Bob" in its title, i.e. not Robert Jones?) surely knows that leaving the nasty world of pop culture at the gate is part of the requisite penance. Self-denial in its many forms is part of the supposed natural high you get on arrival. GLEE with its Heather Has Two Mommies worldview is everything Bobby Jones U feels is wrong. If you sneak even a peek you must do fifty laps in the Anita Bryant Memorial Gymnasium at least take a special on-line course with Marcus Bachmann.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Gary Shandling
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/28/12 at 04:12pm
Agreed -- it is a little late in history for anyone to be surprised about getting fired from religion-run jobs or kicked out of religious-run schools for these reasons.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/28/12 at 10:24pm
"It's a college that give demerits for Christ's sake!"

Literally, as the kids say.
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/12 at 08:34am
They oughta write this into the plot.

Or send Kurt and Blaine and Rachel to BJU, where they start a Sondheim Club.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/12 at 10:34am
Honestly, I wonder if some of the students DO know what they are getting in to. They offered me a scholarship and I knew nothing about the school. I told my (Southern Baptist) youth minister that I had gotten this offer from them and he said, "Bob Jones! Amber, that's the last place YOU want to go! You'd have to wear a skirt every day!" lol
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/12 at 10:38am
But in reality, I wonder how many of these kids have a choice (or FEEL they have a choice) in going there. It sounds like most of them are pretty sheltered children who do what Christian Mommy and Christian Daddy say.

But other than that I wish more schools would kick kids out for watching GLEE. That might mean that trash would be cancelled sooner rather than later.
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/12 at 10:47am
Am I the only one giggling at it being referred to as BJ-U.
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Double posted. Ack!
Celebrate Life

Updated On: 4/29/12 at 10:47 AM
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
thrice
Celebrate Life

Updated On: 4/29/12 at 10:47 AM
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/12 at 04:02pm
I think this is the "college" that is not accredited so a degree from BJU (Love that) cannot be used to apply toward any accredited grad school for instance.

I mean even Falwell's Liberty Univ, Oral Roberts (love that too) and Ave Maria have accreditation.
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/12 at 04:23pm
There's more to it -- Peterson was actively petitioning Bob Jones University to remove one Chuck Phelps from their board.

Chuck Phelps helped cover up a particularly ugly bit of child rape, making the victim apologize to the congregation for her sin.
More On The Story, With Links
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/