Record Store Day

tazber
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:43am
LOVE IT!!!

I just got back from my local indie store. Got some really amazing stuff including a vinyl pressing of the 2008 Leonard Cohen tour (don't hate me mysteriousgrowl!) and new Garbage single.

Anyone else supporting their local record stores today?
....but the world goes 'round
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:44am
Are there record stores in NYC still? Seriously, the last one I knew of closed.
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:52am
I think Rebel Rebel is still around in the Village.
EricMontreal22
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/21/12 at 03:16pm
I got the Cohen vinyl as well--I'm torn about giving it to my father (who got me into Cohen by playing his music non stop as a kid) or keeping it...

Also got the 12" mix of ABBA's Voulez Vous (no judging) which has never been fully commercially released before, except on 70s DJ pressings and many fan bootlegs. I shoulda looked for the Garbage single
tazber
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/21/12 at 08:42pm
I would have totally gotten that ABBA single. My store didn't get any copies though.

I also got an M83 7 inch vinyl single, a Neon Trees single shaped like a heart, and a Public Image Ltd. EP.

There was so much I was drooling over. I didn't get (and am regretting it now) a super cool Amanda Palmer & the Grand Theft Orchestra 7 inch of "Polly" with "Idioteque" on the flip side.

Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/24/12 at 11:11am
Eric - I'm totally jealous!
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/24/12 at 12:38pm
I'm going to walk to the former site of Footlights Records, sit upon the pavement, and weep for a world that is no more.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
tazber
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/24/12 at 01:04pm
God how I loved that store.....
morosco
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/24/12 at 01:46pm

Half the fun of going to Footlight was eavesdropping on the staff's gossiping as you browsed.

tazber
Broadway Legend
Record Store Day
Posted: 4/24/12 at 02:27pm
I remember going through those black cd books one by one. I would spend hours in there sometimes.

And they used to sell a good musical theater magazine too. Pretty sure that's not published anymore.

SUBMISSIONS ONLY
Watch Ep. 1-4 | Ep. 5 Coming in...