Carrie to be preserved

phantomvegas2
Stand-by
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 09:42am
Carrie's Off Broadway Cast will head to the studio April 16 to document their production. Look for news very soon!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 10:15am
It's important to have proper documentation.
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 11:14am
Perhaps because of Evita's recent opening, I just picture an embalming right now from this thread title.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 11:21am
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
diebob21
Understudy
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 01:55pm
does this mean a cast recording will be recorded?
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 02:03pm
Yes, by Sony Vlasic.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
diebob21
Understudy
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 02:10pm
where is the official news?
Mildred Plotka
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 02:18pm
I enjoyed this Carrie much more than most, so a cast recording makes me a very happy pickle eater!

Besides, who hasn't dreamed of looking at their cast albums and seeing an official Carrie recording in the mix? It'd go between Carousel and Catch Me If You Can. Not that I've thought about it...
"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
diebob21
Understudy
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 02:42pm
This news has made my day and Easter even better!!!!! The score deserves a new brand cast recording!
tazber
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 02:47pm
Is this official? There's no link.

I'd be happy with a recording to be sure, but nothing will ever replace the original cast recording (I mean we all have it, and it is the original cast and it is a recording.....) for me.
....but the world goes 'round
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 08:10pm
Please tell us the source; I'd love to know that this is true.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Gary Shandling
philly03
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 09:23pm
I'd be excited if this is definitely happening as well.

Still think Linzi Hateley sounded way better than Molly Ranson, but atleast Linzi recorded the title song officially.

I wonder if they will add to the orchestra or add any bonus cut songs ("I'm Not Alone"!).
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/8/12 at 10:24pm
If this is true I hope Marin sings "Eve Was Weak" like she did tonight, WOW! I really wish she would have brought the crazy like tonight from the beginning. She was always good, but she really stepped it up for the final tonight.

Updated On: 4/8/12 at 10:24 PM
newintown
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 09:58am
It's to be a double-CD, with Yank!, with Marin singing Bobby Steggart's role.
AC126748
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 10:06am
Marin is way too butch for Bobby's role.
"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 11:21am
Ugh, I can't stand this musical.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 12:39pm
'Ugh, I can't stand this musical.'

I am sure they are devastated to hear that
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 05:53pm
Ugh I can't stand this musical AND Madonna's new album! How 'bout that? Devasted much?
alliez92092
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 07:00pm
New York Times article says there's nothing official about a cast recording, but a regional production at SpeakEasy Stage Company in Boston for next spring is in the works.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/theater/what-happened-to-off-broadway-revival-of-carrie.html?_r=2&smid=tw-nytimesarts&seid=auto
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 07:03pm
Someone on ATC claims that they sat next to someone's Dad in the audience, who said they were recording a cast recording in two weeks.

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 07:41pm
So Kerry Dowling or Paula Plum as Margaret at Speakeasy, and Michaela Donovan as Carrie, I bet.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 07:54pm
Was it Tommy Bracco's Dad?

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 4/9/12 at 07:54 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 08:00pm
Call me crazy, but I don't think the fact that this is going to be licensed in any way proves to the creators or anybody else that Carrie is a workable show. Also, I don't think critics have the power to inhibit ticket sales nowadays, in the world of social media. It was the voices of paying audience members that stifled the ticket sales.

But, I'd hate to shatter anybody's illusions that everything isn't as sparkly and gorgeous and dreamlike as Carrie's vision of the prom right before a dry bucket of no blood was spilled all over her princess dress.
missthemountains
Stand-by
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/9/12 at 09:22pm
I am thrilled that this is getting regional life - I look forward to seeing more productions of this show, then again I have been advocating for it from the start and loved the revival. I guess it's pretty obvious this is gonna get a recording, then.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/10/12 at 10:07am
It's definitely 100% a possibility.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Carrie to be preserved
Posted: 4/10/12 at 10:20am
Please give them a cast recording.

Maybe that will stop the madness.
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry

Page: