Comscore

Russian Transport @ The New Group

PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/13/12 at 10:28am
Anyone see this show yet? Thoughts if you did......
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/14/12 at 02:07pm
I haven't seen it, but the reviews I read were pretty fair. I mean it's not groundbreaking, but it seemed like enough of a positive response to make me want to see it.
Deena Jones
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/14/12 at 02:29pm
I liked it a lot. Terrific cast and very well written. Sit back further than the third row as it is a two tiered set
Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/1/12 at 03:49pm
Going to this Saturday's matinee. Anyone else see it? It got thumbs up on every main review except The Times which was just blah. Mainly I'm going to see it because of Janeane Garofalo.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/1/12 at 07:34pm
I saw it, I enjoyed it but be aware is a very very slow burn of a show....
Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
Leading Actor
Posted: 3/2/12 at 09:28am
saw it over the holiday weekend, mostly for Garofalo, turned out she was (IMO) the least good of the performers.

There's about 15% of the show done in Russian, half or so of that is immediately translated, the rest is left untranslated. As a non-Russian speaker, that was a bit off-putting, but you can still understand what's going on, anyway. My companion speaks fairly good Russian and commented that the actors were well trained in their Russian, but were not native speakers, but not bad.
After Eight
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/10/12 at 09:25pm
Very disappoInted in this show.

It started off well, then went steadily downhill, never fully fleshing out its characters or the activities in which they were engaged.
misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/15/12 at 11:24pm
I'm saw this show tonight and I'm still confused: are they kidnapping girls and selling them as prostitutes, or just raping and killing them? Why the need for carrying guns?
Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.
Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
Leading Actor
Posted: 3/16/12 at 08:53am
Kidnapping and selling into slavery or prostitution. Guns are to make sure the girls don't get away or other gangsters take them from them.

There's really not as much money in rape and murder as you might think, and these guys are in it for the money.

Updated On: 3/16/12 at 08:53 AM
J52 Profile Photo
J52
Featured Actor
Posted: 3/16/12 at 09:11am
Why is Diana so opposed to her daughter studying abroad? Is she concerned that she'll face a similar fate as these other girls?
Follow Your Bliss
broadfan327
Leading Actor
Posted: 3/16/12 at 03:01pm
I think it is because Diana is very controlling of her daughter. For example she was very concerned of her daughter coming home late after school. Also it could be she views her children as her partial meal ticket, taking some of what her son earns.

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement