Comscore

How long will War Horse last?

budfrump Profile Photo
budfrump
Understudy
Posted: 8/22/11 at 10:42am
It's no doubt this show is a hit, so how long will it run?
I'm guessing it will run to the spring of 2012, or maybe even longer.
showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/22/11 at 11:30am
Good guess! Maybe it will end the same time as the tour? We will have to see
ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/22/11 at 12:17pm
It could last a year or two. Hopefully more.
AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/22/11 at 12:18pm
I have nothing against the show, but I'd like it to close sooner rather than later--I don't like it when LCT ties up one of its houses with a long, extended run.
"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/22/11 at 12:44pm
WAR HORSE has sold out for pretty much the remainder of the year, and with the movie on the horizon (December), WH will most likely run a good while into 2012. Although, I believe that if it continues on an extended run, it will eventually be capped, like SOUTH PACIFIC and CONTACT.
AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/22/11 at 12:51pm
^ It's actually not sold out for the remainder of the year. I actually just bought two excellent center seats for a performance next month on Telecharge. WAR HORSE might seem sold out because they don't offer discounts or appear on TKTS but getting tickets can actually still be done with relative ease (as opposed to, say, BOOK OF MORMON, which is legitimately sold out).
"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
lizliz
Understudy
Posted: 8/22/11 at 01:00pm
I believe they're expecting it to run three to four years.
kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/22/11 at 02:53pm
Also, if the movie does well when it is released in December (and I am assuming it might be nominated for Oscars) then that will most definitely help this show run longer too I think...
jimmycurry01 Profile Photo
jimmycurry01
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/22/11 at 03:29pm
Not that is matters one way or the other, but isn't the movie based on the book and not the play?
lizliz
Understudy
Posted: 8/22/11 at 03:31pm
Correct. Both the play and the movie are based on the same source material, but they have no direct relation to each other. But most people probably won't realize that, and it's likely good buzz for the movie will help the play anyway.

Advertisement

Advertisement