Best seats for Spider-man?

lb23
Swing
Posted: 11/24/10 at 04:16pm
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out where the best seats are for spider-man. Anyone have any advice? Should I go with orchestra, flying circle or flying circle boxes?

Thanks!
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/24/10 at 04:59pm
We don't know. The theatre has been gutted for Spider-Man so prior good seating isn't anymore.
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/24/10 at 05:02pm
If you sit under the overhang of the 'flying circle' or balcony you could be protected from falling stunt-men?
Updated On: 11/24/10 at 05:02 PM
jdtp12
Featured Actor
Posted: 11/24/10 at 05:18pm
No one is too sure since it hasn't opened yet, but I've heard that up close you will see the fine details(obviously), but if you are in the flying circle or balcony you will be more at eye level with most of the flying stunts.
sundaymorning6am
Broadway Star
Posted: 11/24/10 at 05:22pm
from the mouth's of the tech guys: the front of the 'flying circle' (mezz) is the best place to sit.
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/24/10 at 10:55pm
I'll let you know late on Saturday night.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/25/10 at 02:36pm
The mezzanine looks rather small in terms of depth. Has anyone sat in the rear mezzanine prior to the renovation?
Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
PopAria
Leading Actor
Posted: 11/26/10 at 11:04pm
I'm guessing front Balc is the best option and maybe even front mezz. forget about the orch. unless you're really into watching actors' faces and/or the costume stitchings.
bloopydoop
Swing
Posted: 11/29/10 at 01:41pm
Did anyone sit Center Flying Circle Row D? Or close to it? I'm wondering how the view is and if you can see all of the aerial stunts.
CarmenDeBris
Stand-by
Posted: 11/29/10 at 01:57pm
I was in center G and the view was perfect...best seats in the house for this show
PRFRMR20
Broadway Star
Posted: 11/29/10 at 05:23pm
Carmen - Orch or Flying Circle?
Luv2goToShows
Broadway Star
Posted: 11/29/10 at 06:27pm
It looks like the flying circle is quite a distance from the stage, so I guess it will be a matter of preference, would you rather have a better view of the flying acts or the stage. I am going the end of December, chose 12th row orchestra. (at the time of purchase I did not know much about the theater or show, I based my choice on where the majority of the premium seats were)
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/29/10 at 06:33pm
How about in the john?
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
denali.fire
Featured Actor
Posted: 11/29/10 at 07:51pm
In another theater.
THDavis
Leading Actor
Posted: 11/30/10 at 11:29am
"In another theater."

Haha, rude.

As for the OP, I haven't seen the show but I'm sure that the front of the Flying Circle is going to be ideal. Even if it seems farther away in the picture, it never truly seems that far in your seat.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/30/10 at 11:47am
Since there has only been on public performance in the re-done space, we don't have gads of tried and true knowledge. All 'reports' are that the flying circle is the place to be.

I have a seat in the front row of the balcony...but not until Xmas day -- so I can't be of much help.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
stevelabny
Swing
Posted: 12/17/10 at 06:40am
now that some of you have been there...

what's the general consensus now?

themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/17/10 at 08:46am

Last night, I had a dream that three friends took me on an impromptu road trip to NYC and, without warning, bought us four $160 tickets to SPIDER-MAN. After my initial anger dissolved into general amusement, the aforementioned anger was renewed when I discovered that our seats were front-row center orchestra. We never actually saw the show in my dream, but I remember imagining myself in the first row, craning my neck and twisting my body towards the back of the house to see the aerial excitement.

>
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
p.s.
Broadway Star
Posted: 12/17/10 at 10:00am
I remember imagining myself in the first row, craning my neck and twisting my body towards the back of the house to see the aerial excitement.

Won't almost everybody in the orchestra seats be craning and twisting in some direction(s) to see the aerial excitement? I would imagine that if you generally like to sit up close to the stage rather than further back, you might as well get front seats for Spider-Man.

p.s. Having said that, I do have those front row center seats for a date about two weeks after opening night maybe three weeks before opening night.
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/17/10 at 10:05am

lol Three weeks before opening night, as it's currently being defined.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
sunstar
Swing
Posted: 12/29/10 at 11:59pm
So for seats... So far it sounds like the front of the flying circle is good, but what about the back of the flying circle? Is the view annoyingly obstructed by the balcony above?

I can get the back of the flying circle/mezz row F or the side of the orchestra. Advice anyone? It would be much appreciated! Thanks
jeffmiele
Broadway Star
Posted: 12/30/10 at 10:45am
I'm sitting flying circle row f on Tuesday. Really hoping they'll be decent seats
stuball
Swing
Posted: 1/17/11 at 08:49pm
Curious how the flying circle row f seats were? Sitting there on Friday night.
Bee2
Swing
Posted: 3/12/11 at 01:47pm
Just bumping up this thread as hopefully more people have been to see the show now. Choice appears to be between row E in the flying circle, orchestra row S and back and then the sides of the orchestra i.e. the $140 seats, not premium seats.
willep
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/12/11 at 02:10pm
I sat in Orchestra row S all the way to the side and had a great view.
MelissaF
Leading Actor
Posted: 3/12/11 at 03:15pm
I sat whever discounted tickets were available....It was bad enough paying 100 bucks, but I would have been furious paying 140+ for flying circle, when the stunts were halted the night I went, and the first flying sequence was cut...
2012: American Idiot 01/14, In The Heights 02/11, Warhorse 02/18, The Book of Mormon 02/23, The Gershwins Porgy and Bess 02/24, Anything Goes 02/25, Godspell 02/26, Shrek 03/31, Ghost (West End)04/11, Singing In The Rain (West End) 04/12, Matilda (West End) 04/13, Leap of Faith 05/02, Evita 05/03, Jesus Christ Superstar 05/04, Newsies 05/05, The Book Of Mormon 05/06, West Side Story 06/02, Beauty and the Beast 07/07, Million Dollar Quartet 07/28, La Cage 10/13, 10/27 Sister Act, 31/10 Once, 11/01 Rock of Ages, 11/02 Spiderman, 11/03 Newsies, 11/15 Jekyll & Hyde

Page: