Comscore

Broadway on Broadway End Time?

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
Broadway Star
Posted: 9/4/10 at 01:29am
How long does Broadway on Broadway usually run? I was considering trying to see a show at 2. Would that be cutting it too close?
lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
Broadway Star
Posted: 9/4/10 at 01:37am
You'll be more than fine! All the performers have to be at the 2 o'clock shows, too, and you're right in the neighborhood!
broadway_show_fan
Broadway Star
Posted: 9/4/10 at 01:44am
I went to the concert a few years ago, I believe 2007, and the concert ran late. Many of the 2:00 p.m. show performers had to leave in a hurry or early since their call was 1:30 and the concert only ended at about then. Back then, there were significantly fewer 2:00 curtains.

Many shows on Broadway still have a traditional time of 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, so I was just wondering if I would be safe to go to the entire concert - including closing number and all - and still make it to a 2:00 p.m. curtain. I was looking into tickets for a show at that day/time and wanted some feedback from everyone here before I purchased. I don't want to miss any of the concert!

So, does anyone remember specifically what time it was that the concert finished in the last couple years?
WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
Leading Actor
Posted: 9/4/10 at 02:54am
Most often, they put the 2pm matinee performers ahead of the 3pm matinee productions.
"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim
broadway_show_fan
Broadway Star
Posted: 9/7/10 at 12:52pm
BUMP -

Thanks for the responses, but I know that many shows have 2 p.m. curtain times and that they put those with 2 p.m. curtains before the shows with 3 p.m. curtains.

What I really need to know is simply what TIME the concert has ended in the past. Does anyone remember? 1:30? 1:45? 2 or after 2?

Like I said, I am thinking of getting tickets to the 2 p.m. matinee performance of a show and I need your feedback about when the concert ends.

Thanks,
BSF

Advertisement

Advertisement