Comscore

Joseph Revival

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
Leading Actor
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/8/10 at 10:10pm
I really wish Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat would come back to Broadway. I've seen so many regional and community productions of it, it's incredible, and with the right actors could be really succesful in a revival. Anybody have thoughs?
I'mNOTthatGIRL72 Profile Photo
I'mNOTthatGIRL72
Chorus Member
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 10:17am
joseph was the first musical i ever fell in love with when i was about 10...it was the dvd version with donny osmond...i had a huge crush on him and my whole family made fun of me cause he's really old!
the music is forever implanted in my being. i would LOVE for it to be revived! i know andrew lloyd webber is such a joke to broadway people but i think joseph is fantastic...it's a kids show, an adult's show, a wonderful show...i never got to see it live but i think it should get back to broadway, i really do.

"There's a fine, fine line between love...and a waste of your time" (L). Seth Rudetsky is AMAAAHHHZING! A Very Potter Musical FTW!
frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 10:18am
Probably because there ARE so many community and regional productions it isn't high on any producer's list of shows to revive. The success/failure of the proposed revival of EVITA will likely set the stage for more Webber show revivals.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 10:28am
This is yet another one of those shows that I just cannot stand. Not being a fan of ALW, this show truly highlights why.

(And I'm not trying ot bash the show, i know it has many fans!)
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
Leading Actor
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 12:05pm
i don't think it would come back
"(in a sweedish accent) Oh! What a lovely T-shirt you are wearing!"- Catherine Zeta-Jones refering to my ALNM shirt at the CD signing. Say NO to drugs and YES to Jackie Hoffman Live At Joes Pub! "ITS THE DAY OF THE SHOW YA'LL!!"-Bwaynerd
muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 01:45pm
There was a major national tour a few years ago. I loved the show, and Amy Adams was great as The Narrator, a wonderful fairy tale with a good message.
"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
Broadway Star
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 01:58pm
Fairy Tale?
Updated On: 5/9/10 at 01:58 PM
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 02:00pm
THIS SHOW MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE! And the thought of it on Broadway again just did the job.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 03:10pm
Fairy Tale?

Lol, just forgive him.
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 04:06pm
But it's just so hard to
TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 04:15pm
Fairy Tale?

Well as it stands, yes it is a fairy tale.
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 04:21pm
0h how i hate Joseph and all ALW shows.
What a colossal piece of crap! It'll probably run for years.
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 04:23pm
I suppose the difference between biblical stories and fairy tales are negligible.

One of the best college courses I ever took was: the Bible as Fiction.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 04:34pm
Donny Osmond sure made it look like a fairy tale.
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 08:19pm
As soon as Tim Urban is free, wrap him in that diaper!
HairyMeeskiteInAnotherHall Profile Photo
HairyMeeskiteInAnotherHall
Swing
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 08:34pm
As much as I would hate this, I've always wanted to see Andrea McArdle as the narrator..
HairyMeeskiteInAnotherHall Profile Photo
HairyMeeskiteInAnotherHall
Swing
Joseph Revival
Posted: 5/9/10 at 08:34pm
Double post
Updated On: 5/9/10 at 08:34 PM

Advertisement Advertisement