Celebrities Who Were in School Choir

myshikobit
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/7/10 at 09:35am
Okay, so my Digital Communications class has to make an ad for each class in my school, and I chose to advertise for the Choral Program. So I wanted to show the headshots of famous celebrities (with a funky beat in the background :) )who did school choir without saying what they have in common until the end. The thing is, I need to know what celebrities did school choir, so I was wondering if I could borrow the pop culture genious of BWW :) I need more than just Broadway stars tho- all kinds of people are needed
"There are only two worthwhile things to leave behind when we depart this world of ours: children and art." -Sunday In The Park With George
Updated On: 1/7/10 at 09:35 AM
Jersey Girl2
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/7/10 at 11:36pm
HS CHoir?

Constantine MAroulis
Dont stop believin'
SuperSoprano7
Swing
Posted: 1/7/10 at 11:45pm
Lance Bass, Ashton Kutcher, Blake Lively, Jason Mraz, Gavin Creel, and Heather Headley were all in Show Choir in school. Also, Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond went to the same school and sang in the choir there together. I hope that helps :)
mfshutte
Swing
Posted: 1/8/10 at 10:18am
I sang in high school choir with Anne Hathaway. She was also in the All-State New Jersey High School Choir.
wonkit
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/8/10 at 10:47am
Raul Esparza. He talked about the experience during his interview with Seth Rudetsky.
myshikobit
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/10 at 05:26pm
Great- a lot of these are new, too! Thank you so much :)!
"There are only two worthwhile things to leave behind when we depart this world of ours: children and art." -Sunday In The Park With George
Jersey Girl2
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/10 at 05:31pm
Dee Snider sang in the school and church choir.
Dont stop believin'
TonyVincent
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/8/10 at 05:48pm
I sang in high school choir with Anne Hathaway. She was also in the All-State New Jersey High School Choir.

Really? I was in NJ All-State, and judging by her age, we might have sung in the same year!

I missed my chance with her and didn't even know it!
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/8/10 at 06:17pm
Dee Hoty

Patrick Wilson--his mother was the choir director.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
kristinchenofan570
Stand-by
Posted: 1/8/10 at 06:22pm
Kristin Chenoweth, and I believe Idina Menzel was too
Remember when drama was only on the stage?
Scott Briefer
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/10 at 06:44pm
Not quite the same thing, but...

My music teacher in high school was a Mr. Wochinski (spelling?), who the following year left teaching to become, Alan Paul, a member of The Manhattan Transfer.

He was a great teacher.
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/8/10 at 06:49pm
Very cool, Scott! Alan Paul was also a Broadway kid, appearing in the original cast of "Oliver!" He was also the original Teen Angel in "Grease."
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
Scott Briefer
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/10 at 06:54pm
Yes he was... He was also a really neat teacher. I remember his classes. I remember him playing, Tommy (the original Who recording) for us and then discussing it. He was so clearly not going to remain a teacher. Everyone was sad when he left, but no one was surprised.
divarobbie2
Stand-by
Posted: 1/8/10 at 07:07pm
Laura Benanti and Leslie Kritzer were room-mates for All State Chorus, so they were both in chorus.
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/8/10 at 07:18pm
She hasn't done any Broadway, but PINK was in her H.S. choir... her teacher told her she would never amount to anything.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
myshikobit
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/10 at 07:23pm
That's so cool, Scott! My chorus teacher is an amazing singer herself- I wouldn't be surprised to see her sweeped away by the winds of opportunity at any time. And unless there's someone entirely unrelated to performing (politicians, athletes) then I'm good. I'm going to scatter teachers and students into the mix so that when they say "chorus", the audience is genuinely surprised, and so the clip is more interesting :)
greensgreens
Stand-by
Posted: 1/12/10 at 05:39pm
Dunno if this is of any help (or if it's too late), but I came across this cool article and was reminded of this thread...

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/44770
myshikobit
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/12/10 at 08:11pm
YES! Now a president... that's a novelty! Thank you so much :)