Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?

sally1112
Broadway Legend
Even though no one is playing correctly, and are listing three, four, five, or more recordings, I will say just one. Next to Normal is my answer.
uncageg
Broadway Legend
I just purchased "Road Show" the otner day and have listened to it about 4 times through. It sounds so much like ASSASINS, which I like, but I guess I was expecting something different. It is a bit of a disappointment but I can't stop listening to it.
Just give the world Love.
aasjb4ever
Broadway Legend
My bootleg of Peters and Stritch in Night Music. Great quality, close enough to a CR.
What a colossal piece of crap! It'll probably run for years.
AngelorPhantom1359
Understudy
Evita OBC
Phantom of the Opera OC
Sunday in the Park with George OBC
Into the Woods OBC
Sweeney Todd OBC
Company OBC
South Pacific OBC

What a disparate list I have...
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
My Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown bootlegs gets lots of playing time. Same with any and all recordings of Evita with Elena Roger.
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
hanabana
Stand-by
It changes from time to time. But here are some that immediately come to mind!

I can listen to all these over and over without skipping a single song, and can pretty much sing every song even in my sleep (lol):
JEKYLL AND HYDE OBC (Love Robert Cuccioli's dual-voice here, awesome!)
NEXT TO NORMAL OBC (Beautiful music, awesome lyrics too!)
WICKED OBC
THE BOOK OF MORMON OBC
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN OBC (Aaron Tveit's voice here is perfection to my ears!)

I can listen to most of the songs on these over and over (skipping a song or two), which is still pretty awesome:
BONNIE AND CLYDE OBC (Never got to see it, what a shame - the score's awesome!)
GHOST (Original London Cast) (My new favorite, love the whole recording, with one small exception in the name of "Focus")
MEMPHIS OBC
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (Original London Cast)
LES MISERABLES (25th anniversary)
THE PRODUCERS OBC (Love Nathan Lane in "Betrayed," such a creative and hilarious number!)

Wow, now that I see them all listed together, I realize some of the scores have really different styles! But I love them all!!!

Updated On: 5/25/12 at 01:18 AM
Jay94
Stand-by
My Fair Lady OBC
Gypsy OBC
Kiss Me Kate
Sweeney Todd OBC
42nd Street OBC
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
The Original London Cast Recording of Betty Blue Eyes.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
JulesReverie
Stand-by
Right now I'm addicted to Sunset Boulevard, I'm giving one more month before I get sick of it...that's what I said two months ago, I might need help, I'm starting to wear silk turbans and sunglasses
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
I have a few so I will put them all down:

BILLY ELLIOT THE MUSICAL (Original Cast Recording)

I was blown away by this score when I first saw the show in London, something that rarely happens to me in regards to scores. It takes me a while to really get to love a score but with "Billy" it was an instant reaction. It is one of the few Cast Recordings I never tire of because I love the score so much!

110 IN THE SHADE (The 2007 Broadway Revival Cast Recording)

I bought this recording a few years ago as an impulse buy while in London's Dress Circle and listened to it only once. I recently dug it out again and absolutely LOVE IT! The score is excellent and I adore Audra McDonald's voice. It's been constantly on repeat ever since.

ROAD SHOW

Love the show and love the score. I think it actually ranks among some of Sondheim's best.

SWEENEY TODD (The 2012 London Cast Album)

I know this is only a highlights recording (and it will never replace the OBCR) but this is another one that has been constantly on repeat since I first saw the production. Michael Ball and particularly Imelda Staunton are stunning!

LOVE NEVER DIES

I adore this score and it is my favourite Lloyd Webber. The score is so achingly beautiful, the orchestrations incredibly lush and I just absolutely love it. It sent shivers racing up my spine and I had constant tears in my eyes when I first saw the show, a reaction I still have when listening to the recording.

WICKED used to be on this list but I haven't listened to it in so long that I can't really include it. I remember buying the recording and having the same instant reaction as with "Billy". I was absolutely blown away!
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables *** Gounod: Faust (ROH) **** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ****
jayinchelsea
Broadway Star
All the Sondheim OBCs (toss-up for fave between COMPANY and FOLLIES, even though latter is so bowdlerized)
GYPSY
ONCE ON THIS ISLAND
FIORELLO!
110 IN THE SHADE (original and Audra revival)
ONCE UPON A MATTRESS (probably because I did the show twice)

and how could I forget the OBCs of SHE LOVES ME and CANDIDE?
Updated On: 5/25/12 at 07:37 AM
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
@AngelorPhantom1359: Seeing as the bulk of your list is compromised mainly of Sondheim shows it really isn't all that disparate.

I like to listen to CABARET a lot. I have a soft spot for the Original Broadway Cast Recording, but I generally like all the recordings I've heard for varying reasons.
bryan2
Broadway Star
Any Jerry Herman score-the most underrated composer in theater
also Chicago (obc chita and the olc with ruthie)
Dear World and Mack and Mabel just always make me cry and smile
I love Jerry Herman and any Kander and Ebb..
AngelorPhantom1359
Understudy
@CarlosAlberto

True, but I was being facetious about the fact that I had Lloyd Webber and Sondheim included in the same list.

Page:

BROADWAYWORLD TV