Comscore

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread

PlainMushroomWit' Profile Photo
PlainMushroomWit'
Swing
Wow. Like all the greats, that "One Day More" feels as fresh and alive as it did when it first showed up. The classics really are timeless!
djdan1079
Chorus Member
^^^^ LOL

I'm almost tempted to post links to some community theatre shows I've done, just so you guys can rip them to shreds
SporkGoddess Profile Photo
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
I love when Eponine stops singing early in "One Day More" and the music crescendos without her.
Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
IronMan Profile Photo
IronMan
Understudy
I love this thread SOOOOO much... and am eternally grateful that I went to high school long before everything was recorded and posted to the world.

If this has been posted before, forgive me- but it is simply astounding!

Summer Nights
"What- and quit show business?" - the guy shoveling elephant shit at the circus.
Updated On: 3/17/13 at 11:07 PM
finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
Broadway Legend
Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
Broadway Star
Why does Broadwayworld.com allow people to post links to illegally recorded videos? This is all copyrighted material and in general, video rights are not available, and this thread is a perfect example of why. If a monitor ever checks this thread, it should seriously be removed.
Something_next2norml
Swing
this thread is perfection.
finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
Broadway Legend
"Why does Broadwayworld.com allow people to post links to illegally recorded videos? This is all copyrighted material and in general, video rights are not available, and this thread is a perfect example of why. If a monitor ever checks this thread, it should seriously be removed."

It is not BWW responsibility to police Youtube. BWW used to be in the practice of doing so, but now if you read "their" headlines you'll see much of their content is lifted from other sources including YOUTUBE! Most of their breaking news is from someone's twitter account or Deadline.com. The internet just don't work that way.
You think BWW paid a lawyer to clear this? Hardly.
Emmaloucbway
Broadway Star
Jon
Broadway Legend
Why is the Chairman wearing an 18th century colonial wig?
Emmaloucbway
Broadway Star
I have no idea....
Rosa's wig is a mess too.
Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
Broadway Legend
This production of EVITA is 50 Shades of Wrong. But it does give us a chance to see what "Rainbow High" would have been like if performed by Senorita Louise and the Hollywood Blondes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3aaX1GZYeU
bwayto Profile Photo
bwayto
Broadway Star
Omigod. I NEVER say this, but Madonna was better. That's how bad it is.
Alan Henry
Senior Editor, BWW Toronto
alan@broadwayworld.com

Follow me on twitter, here!
Like on Facebook, here!
gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
gabrieljwickedone
Stand-by
My school's recent production of The Sound of Music.

Maria is an alto who can't act, Von Trapp was wooden and sang through his nose.

Mother Abbess was good, this song was a challenge for her (She's never had a voice lesson), and I put everything I had into playing Uncle Max.

This scene isn't the worst, what makes it terrible is that it was the first scene of Act Two, because our director thinks she can pick where intermission goes.

Climb Every Mountain!
Updated On: 4/9/13 at 05:08 PM
Thparkaly Profile Photo
Thparkaly
Understudy
I think there should be a compilation of Legally Blonde's with terrible wigs.
Currently: Issac - Platonov Upcoming: Beethoven - Dog Sees God Recently: Into The Woods ASM, Spring Awakening Conductor/Piano/Ensemble/u/s Otto. #interlochen
Nettik
Featured Actor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2bld5GWDM

9 to 5. The three female leads are pretty good (especially Judy!) but the rest of the cast leaves a bit to be desired...
GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
Came across this a minute ago. An illegal middle school production of Matilda, in which Mrs. Wormwood appears to be having a stroke for three minutes. I love the choreography.
You gotta be a little louder.
I leave the room smiling.
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
That Beauty and the Beast production at #22 was the greatest thing ever, omg!

And the Matilda one was pretty bad. At least, they have a good set design.
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
Broadway Star
This isn't that bad but I chuckled when I saw the dragon's costume (or lack of, perhaps is the better term). She has a nice voice though!
Forever
SuperSecretBoyband Profile Photo
SuperSecretBoyband
Swing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUy3ed15scc

I found this entertaining, the actor playing John takes cordless phones to a whole new level and the guy who spends the whole time rummaging through the filing cabinet before picking it up and walking odd with it for the scene change, as if that's what he was looking for.
FlowerChild67
Stand-by
Some idiot director decided he should do next to normal with high school students, but not actually direct them, just had them watch the OBC bootleg. Which is sad because I bet the students are quite talented...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFtWdWDHHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Updated On: 11/4/13 at 08:53 PM
chenofied4ever2 Profile Photo
chenofied4ever2
Swing
Not that the non High School version was any better....but someone keeps telling these kids they can sing for some reason-that person should be arrested
Tarzan
N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
Broadway Star
The girl who played the Mother Gorilla was actually pretty good.
So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*
chenofied4ever2 Profile Photo
chenofied4ever2
Swing
maybe i missed that..? I think i was so thrown off from the first few notes. usually when it starts bad it's hard to get me back
i was kinda excited to watch cause all the comments were phenom....but maybe those people were watching something i missed
temms
Broadway Star
It's not a High School, but I give you "Hair On Ice".

No, seriously. It's literally "Hair On Ice".
I'm Not Joking, They Did "Hair On Ice"
FlowerChild67
Stand-by
I feel that it's my obligation to tell you all that the Blacklick Valley High School production of Les Mis has been taken off of YouTube.