Comscore

Seth MacFarlane to host the Next Oscars

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
I say bring back James "I don't want to be here" Franco and Anne "I want to be here too much" Hathaway.
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
I think it was more James "Dude, Where the hell am I?" Franco.
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
I think Seth wants to be the new Hugh Jackman.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch
strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
Broadway Legend
I gotta feeling that Anne's going to be there anyway- and I forget the last time a nominee that very year hosted at the Oscars.

Updated On: 10/1/12 at 06:23 PM
Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
Broadway Legend
Most of the Oscar audience won't /don't know who he is.
"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"
danmag Profile Photo
danmag
Broadway Legend
Seth is my celebrity free pass should I ever meet him. I've already cleared this with my husband.
"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"
TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Get in line, wench!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Jungle Red
Broadway Legend
You'll both have to fight my boyfriend over him!
"Bill Clinton is the ultimate whore! He stole Madonna's crown." -Jim Colyer, on 10/29/2012
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
I think he has great potential to be an outstanding host. Choosing him is surprising, however. He is very new to "Hollywood" and few older than Zac Efron will know who he is. I can hear the conversation now...

KATE WINSLET: "Seth MacFarlane? Who is that?"
AGENT: "He's the guy that created FAMILY GUY."
KATE WINSLET: "What is FAMILY GUY?"
AGENT: "It's that popular cartoon show the kids watch with the talking baby."
KATE WINSLET: Have I done a nude scene with him?
AGENT: Not yet.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
His demographic is older than you'd think. Guys who were in their late 20s when Family Fuy started are now entering their 40s. That show started quite a while ago...
strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
Broadway Legend
I don't think the concern is he is 'new'. He is just a little middle-brow for a lot of people.

Pretty sure he is acknowledged by industry types because he has pretty much done the cutaway gags on everybody by this point.
EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
Broadway Legend
He kinda creeps me out, but I think I always think too much about the New Yorker profile of him and how, apparently, way too eager to show off he was throughout. I also wish he and Jimmy Fallon, to use another example of someone I like fine as a host, would NEVER sing again on TV.
Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
Broadway Legend
Aw, I like both Jimmy and Seth as singers...have you heard Seth's album or seen him on last months BBC Proms? He sang from The Most Happy Fella, The Pajama Game, The Music Man, etc.

Joey, Joey, Joey
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

I'm with Joe. I'd take Daniel Tosh or a myriad of others over Seth MacFarlane.

As long as they don't let him write his own material, it could be all right.
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
Plum
Broadway Legend
He's a smug asshole and I kind of loathe him, but hey, at least that saves me 3 hours of watching the ceremony next year.
GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
I'll drink to that.
I leave the room smiling.

Page:

Advertisement