Printer Friendly - Is Mary Poppins coming back to London?

Is Mary Poppins coming back to London?
Posted by ukdanny 2013-02-27 07:46:36

Hi!

Now that Mary Poppins is closing on Broadway is there a small chance it may come back to London? Anyone got any news or gossip?Missing the show soo much!!!

Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2013-02-27 08:31:12

I doubt it.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2013-02-27 08:36:15

When a show is closing because it's not making money, odds are they're not thinking "Hey, let's remount this production somewhere else!"

Posted by FireFingers 2013-02-27 09:08:38

You say that, but it is exactly what they did with the Wizard of Oz that went from the Palladium to Canada.

Every so often I hear rumblings of a Poppins tour, maybe this time it will happen.

Posted by rorschach37 2013-02-27 09:12:28

I thought the show was only closing because Disney wants the theatre space for Aladdin. Much like they did with Beauty and the Beast for The Little Mermaid.

Posted by CarlosAlberto 2013-02-27 10:07:31

I think it's a shame they're closing Poppins. I can't believe they're closing it to make room for ALADDIN. I pass by the New Amsterdam on an almost daily basis and it ticks me off that it will be gone soon, not because I'm fanatical about the show or anything, I guess it's nostalgia. Mary Poppins and The Little Prince are my favorite childhood characters and just seeing the pics of the lovely lady flying with her umbrella in hand and all the pics outside the theater was sort of comforting. Too think it will all be over, done and gone soon makes me kind of sad,