Printer Friendly - Bill Irwin/David Shiner's OLD HATS Video Trailer

Bill Irwin/David Shiner's OLD HATS Video Trailer
Posted by playlover2010 2013-02-25 14:49:02

Has anyone seen the show yet? Love these guys.

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-02-25 14:53:08

Planning on it, though I hear it's much of a rehash of Fool Moon. Nellie McKay is also featured.

Posted by playlover2010 2013-02-25 14:56:22

Fool Moon was before my time, so I'm excited to see this. But I actually heard that there's a bunch of new stuff, plus Nellie is obviously new. Excited to see it, and the trailer looks fun.

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-02-25 15:03:27

Nellie is a flat-out lunatic. No telling what she will do. Should be a blast. So glad it's extended.

Posted by PlayItAgain 2013-02-25 16:34:00

saw it. loved it. highly recommend it.

Posted by Matt Rogers 2013-02-25 19:16:51

I hear there is a lot of audience interaction. Can you confirm? I have a front row seat to this in a couple of weeks. Not the biggest fan of getting pulled into a show by the performers. Should I be scared?

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-02-25 19:59:02

If Shiner comes near you, you should be terrified. If he catches you using a camera or phone, run for your life.

Posted by Reginald Tresilian 2013-02-25 20:18:08

I was dragged kicking and screaming to "Fool Moon," and I flipped over it. And I'm crazy about Nellie M. Sounds like fun.

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-02-25 20:33:34

Oh, I say go go GO! This is a don't miss! These guys are brilliant and there is no one like them.

Just do not, under any circumstances, exhibit a phone or camera. Never mind Broderick or LuPone. IF you get it back, it will likely be in pieces, and Shiner will mock you every step of the way.

Nellie sounds like a glorious addition to this pair.

Posted by Matt Rogers 2013-02-25 20:36:31

I have no intention of pulling out a phone or camera at any performance of anything, but if I'm front row center, do you think I'm going to end up part of the show? That kind of thing makes me so freaking uncomfortable.

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-02-25 20:41:39

Shiner's a good reader of people - you'll probably be safe.

eta: honest, don't let the audience participation thing stop you. Go see this.

Posted by Matt Rogers 2013-02-25 20:43:28

Awesome. Thanks!

Posted by henrikegerman 2013-03-01 22:05:49

Matt, I was in the front row. You might be briefly engaged but unless even slight interaction bothers you, I would't sweat it. There is some more extensive "audience interaction" but, without giving too much away, it's nothing to worry about, and it enlists folks from all over the house.

I absolutely loved this show.

Posted by forgetmenotnyc 2013-03-02 17:29:32

I disagree with the previous postings. If you really don't want to be picked to join the proceedings on stage - you need to get your tickets in the back half of the theatre.