Printer Friendly - Russell Crowe in Les Miz Parody

Russell Crowe in Les Miz Parody
Posted by Bialyhoos22 2013-02-23 14:53:14

Just in time for the Oscars -- a sketch that skewers Russell Crowe's vocal performance in Les Miserables...

Posted by BialyBloomInc02 2013-02-23 17:35:48

This was actually really well done. Really nails Crowe's flat, nasally pub voice (oy)

Posted by bradwds 2013-02-23 18:51:53

Wonderfully spot on. I heard Eva Anderson, a writer for Comedy Bang Bang, liken Russell Crowe in Les Miserables to the star football player being given a part in the high school musical.

Posted by BialyBloomInc02 2013-02-24 00:07:36

That's too funny - he really stands out as 'the jock' in the cast. He means well, but theres so little musicality there, his solos just never read. And really, what is with those shots of his shoes??

Posted by Dave19 2013-02-24 06:39:13

The sad thing is that some of the notes of this guy actually sound like singing, unlike Crowe.

Posted by Broadwaybound22 2013-02-24 10:24:51

That was brilliant! Really nicely executed and perhaps even stronger than the Anne Hathaway spoof. Tho, even with his dumbed down vocals, this guy is still way more musical than Crowe...

Posted by Visceral_Fella 2013-02-24 14:53:21

A parody of a parody.

Posted by PTOPhan 2013-02-24 17:24:24

For those who aren't familiar with the Jewish holiday of "Purim," one of the traditions is to do a musical spoof of the Queen Esther story (a "Purim spiel") using modern references and take-offs of Broadway shows. We performed "Les Phantom Miserables" last night at our synagogue, and we skewered poor Russell Crowe. Our Haman character (a take-off on Javert) was sick, so I, an off-key soprano, filled in. I told the audience that Russell Crowe asked to play the part, but that we turned him down. When no one laughed, I asked, "How many have seen the movie?" Almost no one raised their hands. It's no fun to insult someone when the audience doesn't get it!