Printer Friendly - Target, Walmart, and Best Buy releasing LES MIS Deals/Special Editions

Target, Walmart, and Best Buy releasing LES MIS Deals/Special Editions
Posted by jacobsnchz14 2013-02-21 13:37:05

http://www.lesmiserablesfilm.com/retailers/

Target: 32-page book, 6 character cards, and bonus disc of 40+ minutes of bonus features
Walmart: Highlights soundtrack included
Best Buy: Limited Edition steel book packaging

Posted by jimmycurry01 2013-02-21 13:47:45

It will be a tough choice between buying this at Target or Best Buy. Right now I am leaning more towards Target. They seem to have the better extra stuff. Best Buy's steel packaging is pretty cool though.

Posted by MCfan2 2013-02-21 13:59:54

Target for me! Those bonuses sound really good.

Posted by sondhead 2013-02-21 14:06:42

A real fan would buy all three.....

Posted by kyl3fong2 2013-02-21 14:17:47

Pre-ordered the Target one!

Posted by AEA AGMA SM 2013-02-21 14:23:11

"A real fan would buy all three..... "

A real fan would be able to skip the Walmart edition because they would already own the highlights CD.

Posted by tazber 2013-02-21 14:25:48

Target definitely seems to have the best extras.

Since none of them include deleted scenes though I'm going with amazon. I really only want the movie.

Posted by JoeKv99 2013-02-21 14:25:51

Which one is the longest- that's the one for me! I want the most hours of closeups imaginable.

Posted by OperaBwayLover 2013-02-21 14:29:29

Target sounds like the best. I wish they were releasing the four hour cut all the same, though.

Posted by winston89 2013-02-21 14:39:49

I am going for Amazon. I just want the movie. However, I may end up getting it off of Netflix, but I don't know. However, one thing that I don't understand (and maybe someone here can answer this for me) is why they have those Blu Ray/DVD combo packs? Most Blu Ray players can play DVDs, so why the need for a combo pack of both?

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2013-02-21 16:14:28

I've always wondered that, too. I guess for people who think they'll be getting a blu ray player eventually, so they don't have to double dip? I always give the dvd away if I have to get a Blu Ray/dvd combo.

Posted by jacobsnchz14 2013-02-21 16:16:55

Before I had iTunes and could get the digital copies, I would play the DVD on my laptop or portable DVD player.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2013-02-21 16:19:42

That makes sense. My laptop plays blu rays so I never needed to dvds for that.

Posted by jo 2013-02-21 16:48:26

Amazon ships to overseas customers - Target does not... and I doubt that Walmart or Best Buy will do either.

Posted by CarlosAlberto 2013-02-21 16:58:32

I already have the movie. I don't need all that window dressing taking up valuable shelf space.

Posted by theatredk 2013-02-21 17:00:01

It will be interesting what will be available in Australia

Posted by AEA AGMA SM 2013-02-21 23:56:39

You also have homes now that have upgraded to Blu Ray and have since shuffled the DVD players into other rooms in the house (which is what I did). And of course all of the in-car entertainment systems are still mostly based around a DVD player and not a Blu Ray player.

Posted by TheatreKid3 2013-02-22 01:43:30

Call me a cover snob, but I just really don't like Anne Hathaway's pic as the cover for the Target special edition - it doesn't really depict the essence of the musical in my opinion and is a far cry from the classic Young Cosette image - which does such a great job of doing that. I know she was the best thing about the movie, but just having her - especially when you consider how small her role in the film was compared to the other leads, it just seems out of place to have only her featured on the cover. I also don't like any of the those kind of pics being used on the cover as on the amazon version, but I'm not as concerned - the cover as a whole looks pretty decent. The Best Buy one is really nice, too. Target's cover, in my opinion, is the weakest but the store that offers the best special features.

Posted by amoni2 2013-02-22 06:10:59

'why they have those Blu Ray/DVD combo packs? Most Blu Ray players can play DVDs, so why the need for a combo pack of both?"

Because people with DVD players in their cars aren't Blu-ray and most laptops aren't Blu-ray and people don't want to take up hard drive space with digital copies.

Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2013-02-22 07:59:51

I too am stuck between Target and Best Buy. I think I'll get Target b/c of the extras, and then see if I can get the Steel Packaging on eBay or something. If not, then oh well.

Posted by choitoy 2013-02-22 08:42:04

@TheatreKid3: actually, there is a slipcase cover for the Target version with a hole cut out. Their version comes with six "character cards" (which you can see lying in front of the DVD) that you can switch out. So I guess you can make your own "cover" with Jean Valjean (or whoever's) mug if you want.

Posted by TheatreKid3 2013-02-22 09:29:02

^ Oh! That makes much more sense. Nice observation. Thank you!

Posted by thirtythirtyninety 2013-02-25 16:17:47

for some reason, the Target deluxe edition is not currently available for pre-order (as of 02/25), though it was previously.
A search on Target.com only brings up the regular edition that is available elsewhere. What happened, I wonder

Posted by jacobsnchz14 2013-02-25 16:31:21

http://www.target.com/p/les-miserables-deluxe-version-blu-ray-dvd-digital-copy-ultraviolet-only-at-target/-/A-14476996#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

Here is the listing, but no preorder now option.

Posted by thirtythirtyninety 2013-02-25 16:46:30

apparently, the pre-order is sold out

Posted by emjullee 2013-02-25 18:44:27

They won't be releasing uncut scenes? That's what I want to buy - the additional scenes.

Posted by boggess 2013-03-03 20:50:36

If anyone else was bummed by the Target version being sold out, the link is back up to order! I just got mine.