Printer Friendly - I'll see if I can track it down for you

"Making Love Alone" sheet music?
Posted by TheQuibbler 2013-02-20 11:39:23

Referring, of course, to the song made famous by Bernadette Peters, is it possible to get ahold of the music for this? I see that it hasn't been published, yet many performers have sung this song in concert. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2013-02-20 11:42:15

Well if it hasn't been published, then you probably won't get it.

Posted by newintown 2013-02-20 12:36:39

Au contraire, mon cher.

I'd bet that Michael Lavine can get that for you (BroadwayMHL@aol.com). If he can't, though, then you may be out of luck.

I'll see if I can track it down for you
Posted by tazber 2013-02-20 13:14:16

It's available on several sites that I won't mention here.

I'll see if I can track it down for you Quibbler.

How soon do you need it?

Posted by TheQuibbler 2013-02-20 13:23:20

Thanks, guys, for the info.

tazber, I woudn't need it for another month or so. Thanks.

Posted by darquegk 2013-02-20 14:01:31

There is almost NOTHING Lavine can't get. He got me a piece of Marc Shaiman music that, years later, I discovered that even Shaiman didn't have.

Posted by AEA AGMA SM 2013-02-20 20:22:51

And I don't know where you are located but there are a lot of people in NYC who can listen to a recording and work out a piano/vocal arrangement. If you are anywhere near a college with a half-way decent music department there are probably plenty of students who can do it there as well (I know a few in my undergrad program made quite a nice little side-business doing this for the musical theatre students, especially around showcase time when they wanted to do something that hadn't been published yet)