Printer Friendly - Snow Deals on Broadway and Off-Broadway during Nemo

Snow Deals on Broadway and Off-Broadway during Nemo
Posted by NewYorkTheater 2013-02-09 15:30:36

Both Spider-Man and Annie are offering discounts, as is the Roundabout for all three of its shows -- Picnic, Drood and Tally's Folly for just $20. And Classic Stage Company is offering a discount for Sondheim and Lapine's "Passion'
Check out the link too to see a picture of the TKTS booth in Times Square at 3 p.m. today

Posted by saisai 2013-02-09 18:07:56

I used the $20 metrocard deal at the Mystery of Edwin Drood for today's matinee and got Orch E1 and E3. It was awesome to sit so close at a steal. There were still plenty of empty seats.

Posted by dreaming 2013-02-09 18:10:13

The deal for Passion tix is sold out.

Posted by uncageg 2013-02-09 18:29:15

Off Broadway is also finishing up the 20@20 deal. 20 bucks a ticket twenty minutes before curtain. It ends tomorrow. I think the 2 for one deal is also going on.

Posted by AntV 2013-02-09 19:10:07

Great deal on Spiderman for Sunday night, every seat is $75, it's not buy 1 get 1 free like the link says and there's a lot of front orchestra available. I got row CC aisle. I hope that isn't too close, is it? Is there an orchestra for the show?

Posted by NewYorkTheater 2013-02-09 23:14:38

I've updated the post to include the fact that you can actually get tickets for Spider-man for $39. Those are the rush tickets obtained in the morning from the box office, subject to availability. But perhaps they are more likely to be available tomorrow given that people in out-of-town areas more severely affected by Nemo will have difficulty getting in, and others will be simply scared away.
There were also a lot of shows available on TKTS today and likely tomorrow as well. The post links to the page on TDF which shows what shows are being offered at the discount ticket booth.

Posted by Sinfonian4life 2013-02-10 01:16:17

Hey AntV, I just saw the show tonight (Saturday) from A5 (third row back) and I thought it was a good seat. There is flying action that takes place in front, above, around, and behind you so you wont miss anything. You may have some issues with the special affects, but you may also "figure out" what they are meaning. Enjoy the show!

Posted by ACL2006 2013-02-10 11:04:40

just curious, but does anyone how the Book of Mormon lotto/SRO were on Friday?? I can't imagine they forced everyone to wait outside considering the conditions.

Posted by AntV 2013-02-10 23:11:49

@Sinfonian4life

You were right, the seats in row CC were great, not too close. Only thing that they weren't good for was when Arachne and Peter/MJ hang over the audience, but no big deal, short scenes. While the show isn't that great, it was still a ton of fun, especially being that close for that price, glad I saw it with this deal. I await the next snowstorm/hurricane to do this again for another show, haha.