Printer Friendly - Two of my favorite things: Angela Lansbury and koala

Two of my favorite things: Angela Lansbury and koala
Posted by Will42 2013-02-07 13:05:04

Ms. Lansbury took a break from playing Daisy Werthan in the Australian production of Driving Miss Daisy to meet this lovely creature.

Posted by Will42 2013-02-07 13:11:55

And in case you've missed it BroadwayWorld has released a couple of photos from the current production: http://broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-First-Look-at-Angela-Lansbury-James-Earl-Jones-and-Boyd-Gaines-in-DRIVING-MISS-DAISY-Australian-Tour-20130206

Posted by qolbinau 2013-02-07 15:21:12

Great. So excited!!! Three weeks to go. I'll report :p. I still find it unbelievable that she would do it in Australia of all places. Also, as you would expect I believe ticket sales have been strong.

Posted by Wynbish 2013-02-07 15:22:54

I love the koala picture and am confused by which one I should be more jealous towards.

Posted by vf 2013-02-07 17:36:49

Thanks for posting! They're both smiling! awwwwwsome

Posted by Bettyboy72 2013-02-07 21:49:14

I am truly surprised that performers of their age would embark on a tour. Do they need money that badly? Isnt that incredibly rigorous? God bless them.

Posted by SNAFU 2013-02-08 00:55:24

it is what keeps them young. I am sure if they retired and just kicked back they would be gone all too soon.

Posted by beaemma 2013-02-08 01:37:28

I know nothing about their finances, but am reasonably sure that money isn't why they're doing this. They both work regularly in this country. People who love what they do keep doing it as long as they can. These Australian stops are longer runs with a week or so off in between, and I'm sure travel and accommodations are all first class. I only wish I could see them in this play.

Posted by Will42 2013-02-08 02:23:58

Ms. Lansbury is certainly not doing it for the money.
She loves acting and never considered retirement.
It is a role she always wanted to play, so when she was offered to do it in a top class production alongside someone she is clearly fond of, she agreed.

Posted by Will42 2013-02-08 02:34:43

Here’s Ms. Lansbury on why she agreed to play the role: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/theatre/miss-daisy-drives-into-brisbane-20130208-2e3b4.html

Posted by jv92 2013-02-09 22:11:11

Aw. Nice picture!

Posted by Will42 2013-02-11 16:05:30

Here's Driving Miss Daisy reviews roundup: http://broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-Angela-Lansbury-James-Earl-Jones-Led-DRIVING-MISS-DAISY-20130211

So far all raves.

Posted by Mrs Mangel 2013-02-11 16:39:04

I saw it. It was quietly magnificent. I was unsure how the Brisbane audience was going to react throughout- as the lights dimmed and the pre-recorded cell phone message came on, some "bloke" behind me uttered "The is Australia, mate- we have MOBILE phones!" , I just groaned. But as soon as Lansbury walked on stage and they got the initial applause out of the way, everyone was on for the ride. And I didn't hear from the bloke behind me for the rest of the show.

Posted by ClapYo'Hands 2013-02-11 16:54:35

Anyone know of anywhere I can get the music for this production? It really is incredible!

Posted by Will42 2013-02-18 03:22:52

Driving Miss Daisy extends its run to Perth. I guess that means that Angela Lansbury won’t be at the Tonys this year.

http://aussietheatre.com.au/news/confirmed-driving-miss-daisy-heading-to-perth/