Printer Friendly - Kristin Chenoweth vs. American Airlines

Kristin Chenoweth vs. American Airlines
Posted by beautywickedlover 2013-02-01 23:58:58

Kristin Chenoweth had some problems with American Airlines recently. She apparently was not allowed on the plane because she was bringing her dog Maddie. The whole story is at People.com. What do you think about this?

Posted by Fosse76 2013-02-02 00:01:55

I abhor American Airlines, so I hope she shames them out of business.

Posted by Huss417 2013-02-02 00:27:11

I know the link I am attaching is from TMZ but they called the dog "Her emotional support dog."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/01/kristin-chenoweth-american-airlines-service-dog-rude-employee/

Posted by dramamama611 2013-02-02 01:02:02

I think mistakes happen. They apologized AND refunded the fee she had paidfor the animal to make amends.

This isn't news.

Posted by FishermanBob 2013-02-04 02:07:28

Forgive me but an "emotional support dog"? Seriously? Does the dog sit in a chair with a pad of paper and a pipe while she lies on a couch and tells it her problems?

Posted by BroadwayFan12 2013-02-04 02:28:43

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_support_animal

Posted by Gothampc 2013-02-04 10:55:24

Animal hair can trigger an attack for someone who has asthma. I think animals should not be allowed in enclosed places like airplanes, trains, etc.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2013-02-04 11:03:56

Emotional Support Animals are real things and people like Fisherman Bob have no idea what they're talking about and should shut the hell up until he learns some facts.

And perfume and a million other things can trigger asthma attacks as well, so your little idea that animals shouldn't be in enclosed spaces would be fine as long as they ban every single other thing that can cause an attack of some kind.

Posted by FishermanBob 2013-02-04 15:18:57

Hey genius, I know what they are. They are ordinary animals with no special training that are for people who have trouble with the fact that they have been unable to have satisfying relationships with other humans.

And if anyone should shut the hell up, it's someone like you that feels compelled to make wise ass, snarky comments in every single thread no matter what the topic. It's people like you that make others who enjoy theater but don't know who was the understudy to a supporting cast member in a show that ran for 23 performances 40 years ago feel like this board is dominated by a bunch of jagoffs.

Posted by BroadwayFan12 2013-02-04 15:34:20

FishermanBob, you actually have no idea.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2013-02-04 16:28:49

FishermanBob, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The only understudy I can think of is Linda Mugleston. And the only reason you feel like a "jagoff" is because you make yourself feel that way by saying things to people like you just did.

And no, from your description you have no idea what an emotional support animal is.

Genius.

Posted by PattyO'Furniture 2013-02-04 19:36:51

Isn't Maddie (Kristin's dog) hypoallergenic? I wasn't aware that those animals induced asthma or allergies. Regardless, I don't think she was treated kindly.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2013-02-04 19:42:34

Yes, Maddie is hypoallergenic .