Printer Friendly - BWW v. ATC

BWW v. ATC
Posted by RaisedOnMusicals 2013-01-28 10:48:29

I'm curious, how many of you are fairly regular posters on All That Chat in addition to this board? And what do you all think (whether or not you post there) are the most significant differences between the two boards?

BWW v. ATC
Posted by madbrian 2013-01-28 10:51:32

I post on BWW, but not on ATC. I consider that to be the most significant difference between the two boards.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by ghostlight2 2013-01-28 10:52:32

Whoa, hold on, Nellie! This will be a bumpy ride. There was a long thread about this previously, when ATC was down for about a week. Many people here HATE ATC (I suspect the loudest opponents were banned, b/c ATC is moderated more stringently). In short, which I may expound on later, is I prefer ATC. Much less foolishness and NO trolls. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by DottieD'Luscia 2013-01-28 10:55:24

I peruse both, but post here more. My only complaint about ATC's format is that responses in threads can be placed throughout, so responses aren't seen sequentially. I like that they're moderated more stringently.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by ghostlight2 2013-01-28 11:00:30

So do I. This board is regularly hijacked by trolls, sockpuppets and regulars. Can't happen at ATC. Agree about the antiquated format, even though it doesn't really bother me.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by RaisedOnMusicals 2013-01-28 11:09:18

You can see them that way, by going into "flat mode" and then clicking on "chronological order."

BWW v. ATC
Posted by ghostlight2 2013-01-28 11:18:21

This wasn't the thread I was thinking of

BWW v. ATC
Posted by Kad 2013-01-28 11:18:22

I never was able to "get into" ATC because of its layout. It is the coelacanth of message boards.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by bwayphreak234 2013-01-28 11:22:19

I don't post on ATC, but I do check it whenever a new show starts previews to read reviews. I read some Cinderella preview reviews on there this weekend since there haven't been that many on here. The layout is just atrocious though.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by ghostlight2 2013-01-28 11:23:38

Aha! Here's the one I was thinking of, linked to inside the other:

eta: Kad, "coelacanth" is a fun word to say - and kudos for spelling it correctly.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by Jane2 2013-01-28 11:36:03

"Many people here HATE ATC (I suspect the loudest opponents were banned, b/c ATC is moderated more stringently)."

I dislike ATC. I once was a regular poster there, and because it's full of pretentious humorless stuffed shirts, I finally QUIT. I was not banned, I asked that my account be deleted. And the moderator over there is abysmal. My idea of a good moderator is to remain neutral and moderate.

As for it being moderated more stringently, maybe so, but those snarky digs are ever present.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by AC126748 2013-01-28 11:37:45

I am a member of both sites, and they both have their good points and bad points.

I like the general atmosphere of this board better. The posters here are more fun and easy-going on the whole. They don't take themselves as seriously as some of the people on ATC. That said, here we have to deal with a lot more clueless tweens and trolls.

ATC is moderated with an iron fist. This keeps out trolls, but it also has the potential to irritate regular posters. I've had posts over there deleted for no good reason, and when I inquired as to their deletion, I was threatened with suspension. So basically, the moderator attitude over there is something like "this is our sandbox, if you want to play in it don't ask questions." Power has gone to their heads a bit.

I've had some really stimulating discussions of theatre on ATC. But I have more fun here, so I frequent this site more.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by doodlenyc 2013-01-28 11:49:54

I only go to ATC if I want a flashback to 1994.

BWW v. ATC
Posted by Patti LuPone FANatic 2013-01-28 11:56:33

Some months ago, I registered for ATC. I never got a reply from them. I guess their moderators do read some of the threads here at BWW. Was it something I said? :) That's o.k. I like it here better, even with some of the gnarly people. from RC in Austin, Texas

BWW v. ATC
Posted by Broadway Local 2013-01-28 12:24:10

I like both in different ways.

ATC is easier to skim daily to see what's new. BWW is richer, deeper, and has a longer memory.

ATC allows no off-topic posts, and their idea of off-topic is any TV show or movie. BWW follows Glee, Smash, and award shows.

BWW has Marc Shaiman's "Pick-a-little, Post-a-little" video. ATC has Forbidden Broadway's "All That Chat" Chicago spoof.