Printer Friendly - All The Rage-Martin Moran

All The Rage-Martin Moran
Posted by Bettyboy72 2013-01-22 11:02:44

Hey folks, Martin Moran (Titanic, Spamalot) has opened his new solo piece. "All The Rage" at the Peter Jay Sharp Theatre @ Playwright's Horizon. Be sure to check it out. I hope to see it later this month. Somewhat of a sequel to "The Tricky Part", deals with human nature.

What happens when a mild-mannered Manhattanite shows up at his father's Las Vegas funeral and ends up in a fight with his fuming stepmother? Or when he suddenly finds himself in a room translating the details of an asylum seeker's torture? In his new solo work, Moran takes us on a quest from West of the Rockies to South of Johannesburg, unearthing the unexpected connections and human hilarities that arise as he attempts to resolve an ancient riddle: How is it that in one moment we might reach out in compassion and in the next...kill?

Written & Performed By Martin Moran

Jan 19 - Feb 24, 2013

Use code ATRBBOX for discount tix.

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-01-22 11:12:47

I LOVE this guy, and can't wait to see this. All The Rage is in the Daily News top 10 picks to see this week. Good for him. Great actor, great writer, and a really sweet guy.

The Tricky Part is also a book, and autobiographical. I highly recommend it to anyone who struggled/is struggling with sexual abuse.

Posted by Bettyboy72 2013-01-22 11:23:23

He's a wonderful person-one of the nicest people going and incredible talented and articulate. I am looking very forward to this.

Posted by ghostlight2 2013-01-30 23:04:31

Posted by Bettyboy72 2013-01-31 00:19:50

I was at the opening. I loved this introspective work. Martin is an incredibly gifted story teller. While certainly less intense than the Tricky Part, it is a graceful, thought provoking evening of theatre. Great to see Marin & Jason, Mary Testa, Julia Murney, Jayne Houdyshell and Hunter Foster there to support Martin. Definitely check it out.

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2013-01-31 00:28:54

You have me interested in this now. Moran was so, so good in Fun Home this fall.

Posted by Bettyboy72 2013-01-31 00:35:01

Whizzer. Definitely see it. There are discounts available. I'm so sad I missed Fun Home. Hope it goes to Broadway

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2013-01-31 00:38:42

Fun Home will be back at the Public in a fully-realized production, so don't fear. I'll let you know what I think of All the Rage!

Posted by Blockhead24 2013-02-14 09:32:03

I saw it on Sunday night and absolutely loved it. I knew nothing about it or him going in, I just got the usher email and figured what the heck. He is incredible. Don't miss it.