Printer Friendly - MUNY Mary Poppins

MUNY Mary Poppins
Posted by bwayto 2013-01-16 18:00:35

Was wondering if this will be the Nat'l Tour or their own production, as I don't think the rights are available, but there's nothing about the show on the Mary Poppins tour site?

MUNY Mary Poppins
Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2013-01-16 18:06:47

It's their own production.

MUNY Mary Poppins
Posted by CATSNYrevival 2013-01-16 18:06:52

It's their own production. For most companies the rights are not available yet, but the MUNY has a history with Disney and producing musicals from their catalog that aren't available yet including The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

MUNY Mary Poppins
Posted by AEA AGMA SM 2013-01-16 18:07:59

Their own production. Maine State Music Theatre is also producing the show this summer. While the rights are not widely available Disney is making them available on a limited basis to some of the bigger summer companies.

MUNY Mary Poppins
Posted by bwayto 2013-01-16 18:13:35

I see. This makes sense? I wonder who is going to play Mary? Perhaps Ashley Brown will be available. Anyone know what she's been up to these days?

Edit: I know she did the role after her tour stint on bway in '11, but what has she been doing since?

MUNY Mary Poppins
Posted by kipster 2013-01-16 22:38:00

At the end of the press release regarding Mary Poppins' closing on Broadway they list the eight theatres that have been granted the rights. I'm interested to see what Marriott's in-the-round production will be like.