Printer Friendly - Inside The Actors Studio with Sondheim, Peters

Inside The Actors Studio with Sondheim, Peters
Posted by ChessMad 2013-01-04 16:04:13

I've been looking for the two interviews with Stephen Sondheim and Bernadette Peters for what seems forever. Is it possible to find these two interviews anywhere online?
I know there's a few clips of Bernadettes interview and some of Liz Callaway performing a few songs from Sondheims interview.
I know that you can watch almost all other interviews on "that place", but I can't find find these two anywhere.

Would love to see them if anyone knows where to find them.

Posted by brettarnett 2013-01-04 17:07:57

I didn't even know the Sondheim one existed! I remember a year ago searching for the peters one with no luck sadly. If you find either let me know! That'll be a great find!

Posted by Emma White 2013-03-02 19:40:40

I'm bumping this post because I'm also looking for these.

Posted by B-Way4Life 2013-03-02 20:44:57

Lincoln Center's Performing Arts Library has them in their TOFT Archive.

Posted by theatergeek3 2013-03-02 20:57:48

This sounds so awesome! I'm going to try to get this! @B-way4Life-do they have some Actors Studio episodes or they have that specific one?

Posted by redmustang 2013-03-02 21:30:23

Actors Studio webpage says Sondheim was season 1, ep 3 and Peters was season 6, ep 4. At least we know that much.

Posted by EricMontreal22 2013-03-02 22:28:09

As obnoxious as I find James Lipton (the man who gave us Mirrors, a ridiculous behind the scenes Broadway novel and subsequent TV movie, several flop musicals, and a number of failed soap operas), the Sondheim episode was pretty good. Jim Walton and Liz Callaway (as mentioned) do the song performances. I've never been able to find it online--I have it on VHS from back when A&E used to air the show, but I know that's pretty useless...

Posted by pinoyidol2006 2014-03-25 10:27:24

I stumbled upon these on YouTube. I thought I'd revive this thread.

Here's Sondheim's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywB_R3Lczzw
Here's Bernadette's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT6xYht_xMs