Printer Friendly - Rashidra Scott in Sister Act tour

Rashidra Scott in Sister Act tour
Posted by broadwayboy222 2012-12-16 11:27:38

I went to see the Sister Act tour in Tampa this past week and saw Rashidra as Deloris, and in the playbill it had an insert that had her bio in it and said she was now playing Deloris. What happened to Ta'rea???

Posted by ACL2006 2012-12-16 12:01:09

wow. wonder what happened. Saw Rashidra play Deloris on Broadway and thought she was amazing. Maybe Ta'rea got injured??

Posted by Younger Brother 2012-12-16 12:15:42

Rashidra posted on her facebook that she was in Tampa doing Sister Act for a week, so I guess she's only a temp cover. On a slightly un-related note, did anybody get to see Trisha or Alysha as Deloris?

Posted by adamgreer 2012-12-16 15:46:31

She was on last weekend in Orlando, too. I saw Ta'Rea earlier in the week, then went back that Sunday and saw that Rashidra was on.

Rashidra was outstanding, by the way. Better than Ta'Rea.

Posted by Younger Brother 2012-12-16 16:16:04

What are some peoples general thoughts on the touring production? I caught the UK tour in Dublin a year ago and as much as I enjoyed it, the set was lost on such a large stage.

Posted by adamgreer 2012-12-16 19:05:15

The set is nearly non-existent on the tour. Mostly drops with some set pieces that slide in. The turntable and upper level of the set are both gone, and most of its intricacies are gone as well.

Posted by iluvtheatertrash 2012-12-18 14:08:01

Saw Rashidra on Broadway and thought she was far superior to Patina Miller. You're lucky you saw her!

Posted by dreaming 2012-12-18 14:23:56

Is Hollis Resnik still with the production? She's the one I'm interested in seeing, actually. I have listened to her recordings and wished I could have gotten to Chicago to see her in something. I'll be near where the tour is for the holidays and wanted to see it if she was still there.

Posted by ACL2006 2012-12-18 15:48:47

well, Resnik is still listed on their website, but so is Ta'Rae Campbell. anyone know if Scott is performing the role in Ft. Lauderdale as well for their two weeks?

Posted by ACL2006 2012-12-22 23:34:52

According to her twitter, Scott is back home. So I'm assuming Campbell is back on.

Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2012-12-23 19:36:44

Hoping to see it sometime soon if it ever comes near me. If i do see it, which Deloris should I hope for?

Posted by RENT_is_Wicked2 2012-12-23 22:06:56

I saw the show in Tampa as well... it was really confusing. She wasn't listed as an u/s or anything.

Posted by goldenboy 2012-12-26 17:53:06

Saw Sister Act in Fort Lauderdale. Was given a free ticket. I did not like it on Broadway so I went with trepidation. Boy was I surprised.
For the first time, I have to say what was in the touring production was eon's better than Broadway. T'area Cambell was funny and a great singer/ Patina was a great singer but not funny and ruined the evening. Hollis Resnick was more enjoyable in the role than Victoria Clark but that may have been because the chemistry of the two was just better. I do love Victoria Clark's work. Wow. What a pleasant surprise.