Printer Friendly - Singing Feels Like A Really Good Poop

Singing Feels Like A Really Good Poop
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-09 16:45:41

Thanks, Glee! You always have a way of putting things simply so I can understand them and as a non-singer, I've always wondered what Judy, Elvis, Frank and all the other greats felt when they were singing.

Now I know.

Posted by Gothampc 2012-11-09 16:49:03

Followed by the ever so serious scene where Mr. Shu tells Finn that he's mature enough to take over the glee club.

And that girl that took over for Quinn is really ugly.

Posted by WiCkEDrOcKS 2012-11-09 16:51:12

Now those facial expressions make sense....

Posted by GavestonPS 2012-11-09 18:20:45

Damn it, wicked! Now I'll never be able to listen to her sing again!

Can we all agree that line was the official "jump the shark" moment for GLEE?

And what do you want to bet one of the kids on THE GLEE PROJECT actually said it?

Posted by ray-andallthatjazz86 2012-11-09 18:23:29

Embarrassingly enough, I watched the episode and it was Corey Monteith's character who spoke the atrocious line.
Jordan, love this thread, made me crack up as soon as I saw the title. WickedRocks, that post was priceless! That show must be one of the worst things on television right now, the dialogue is unbearable and I hate hate hate the new cast.

Posted by GavestonPS 2012-11-09 18:28:41

Sorry, ray, I wasn't clear. I saw the show, too.

What I meant was the line probably came from one of the children and the GLEE writers "borrowed" it.

Speaking of which, I heard "skidouche" the other day on a show unrelated to GLEE. That lovely red-headed girl from Alabama or wherever must be pissed.

Posted by Wynbish 2012-11-09 20:30:03

And when they can hold notes longer? Diarrhea

Posted by ReggieonBway 2012-11-09 21:09:09

Skidoosh is a line from Kung-Fu Panda, the girl didn't make it up.

Posted by ray-andallthatjazz86 2012-11-10 01:47:57

Gaveston, I had no idea the writers stole some of those awful lines from the GLEE PROJECT kids! I can't get over how bad the dialogue is. Jane Lynch's character doesn't make sense anymore and Matthew Morrison might as well be completely gone.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-10 08:49:00

You'll notice that with the new kids, it's essentially just the first season all over again.

Unique=Kurt
New less annoying girl who thinks she'll never get the guy = Rachel
Football player who doesn't want to sing = Finn
Puck = Puck
Bitchy Cheerleader = Quinn

Plus Sue is a full on bitch again. Same script, new cast, it's like a revival.
Welcome to Ryan Murphy's world.

Posted by karen24 2012-11-10 19:08:37

And somehow, the bitchy cheerleader, while she's obviously a Quinn replacement character, isn't as interesting as Quinn. She's just flat-out mean, with none of Quinn's more appealing qualities. I mean, not that Quinn was ever a "deep" character, but at least you could kind of see why Finn would like her. I can't imagine why any boy in the world would want to go out with what's-her-name - Kitty? She's just horrible.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-10 19:13:30

Well fear not. Because I'm sure in the next week or so we'll discover her sob story and why she's so mean and all will be forgiven. Until the episode after that when she's back to being the same bitch for no apparent reason.

Posted by Borstalboy 2012-11-10 21:38:13

GLEE can't come up with anything original. Check out paragraph 5.

Posted by ray-andallthatjazz86 2012-11-10 22:24:44

Bostalboy, brilliant!
Jordan, I noticed that too, though Unique = Kurt meets Mercedes (because Ryan Murphy is such a lazy Fuck he would use one new character to match two older ones). However, none of the new people have any of what made the original cast somewhat eclectic; as much as I've pretty much hate-watched the show from the getgo, I do think the original cast was a mix of "actors" who looked different and eclectic, now they've normalized everyone to look like they belong in an A&F catalogue.

Posted by donte7162004 2012-11-10 22:29:05

Seriously, did one of the characters say that line? I thought this was a joke...

Posted by Bettyboy72 2012-11-10 23:11:06

So if singing feels like a really good poop, then what is the sh#t shiver?

Posted by tenorboyo 2012-11-11 00:06:07

V i b r a t o

Posted by ClydeBarrow 2012-11-11 13:20:08

Do you think Unique is really bummed that he couldn't be Mercedes (as Frank-N-Furter) when they did RHPS?

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-11 13:46:56

I just came out of the bathroom and it felt like I sang an aria!

Posted by My Oh My 2012-11-11 14:25:20

The young lady voice of that ladyboy--what's his/her/its name?--causes movement of bowel.

Posted by GavestonPS 2012-11-11 19:46:06

Gaveston, I had no idea the writers stole some of those awful lines from the GLEE PROJECT kids!

I was just making up stuff, ray. I have no idea where they get the random lines of dialogue they give to the GLEE characters.

As borstalboy points out, an expression I thought came from THE GLEE PROJECT was actually borrowed from KUNG FU PANDA.

Obviously, I am not current on what the kids are watching these days. I apologize for creating confusion here.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-11 19:52:36

After I finished eating tonight at Chipotle, I used their facilities and made a joyful joyful noise.

Posted by Wynbish 2012-11-11 19:57:13

Pavarotti could not do it better

Posted by Rodgerdodger 2012-11-11 20:00:49

Calling it now -- Kitty's a total bitch because she was abused. She'll, of course, be pushed around for half a season and compensate by exhibiting psychotic behavior to all around her, only to have dear sweet Marley (or Finn, or even our lord and (traveling) savior, Kurt) teach her the importance of self-respect. Warm fuzzies will be had.

At this point, I'm just watching to oogle Chord Overstreet.

Posted by GavestonPS 2012-11-11 21:34:35

I love how they pretend Chord Overstreet's "disability" is his face.

Poor, hideous thing.

Posted by hyperbole_and_a_half 2012-11-12 01:45:35

That Marley chick is just literally the worst thing ever. In the Glee Universe, every kid has some Thing that makes them special, and that Thing is usually plastered all over the inside of their locker. That way, the writers don't have to bother with consistent, well thought-out characterizations; they just show teenagers from Tuckfussle, Iowa reading each other like drag queens in front of locker shrines to Barbra Streisand or Tatertots or whatever and pray that the audience doesn't realize how lazy it all is.

But that Marley chick has exactly one thing in her locker: a whiteboard that says "I love my mom!" And that's it. That's her character. Anytime anyone has to relate to her, either positively or negatively, it's through her mother. Newsflash to Glee writers: "has a mother" is not a worthwhile character trait.

The other major way the lazy writers tell (instead of show) us who these characters are is through Sue's put downs. If you are a character on Glee and Sue has a nickname for you, you know you have arrived and the writers have defined your niche in the Glee universe ("Urethra Franklin" is a perfect example of this). The writers can't even come up with a good taunt for Sue for this character because she is flatter and blander and more boring than a sugar-free marshmallow. This character would not have been allowed within fifty feet of Season One Glee. Her inclusion here as the next female lead of the series is baffling.

At this point I'm just hoping she develops some bizarre trait, like telepathy or echo-location, so Glee's final shark-jumping season can be over-the-top crazy instead of this milquetoast blahness.

Posted by Gothampc 2012-11-12 09:37:37

Which actor will piss off Ryan Murphy next so that for half a season they end up kissing "bad ass" Lauren.

Marley is Glee's version of Karen Cartwright. The character really doesn't work but the actress has already signed the contract. And character arcs were never really the strong point of Glee. So we'll expect some tinkering with the character and a few episodes in they will do a 180. Remember went Tina stuttered? Remember when Quinn went punk? Remember when Sam had the hots for Mercedes? Remember the black dancer that they couldn't find a character for?

Personally I think Marley's mother will die and she will turn to drugs. Then Finn, reciting the Mr. Shu lines which the writers were too lazy to change, will give a heartfelt talk to Marley and urge her to sing her addiction away. It will all be resolved in 30 seconds (because remember the show has to focus on the NYC students) and Marley will get hooked on caffeine instead opening the door for her to sing "Taylor, the Latte Boy".

And scene!