Printer Friendly - The Musical World of Boublil and Schnberg

The Musical World of Boublil and Schönberg
Posted by Phan#24601 2012-10-27 00:20:53

I just got this book, and it is fantastic. It mentions this One Day More concert; however, which I cannot find proof of its existence anywhere except the book itself and the book's website. Do you guys know any details of this concert? It sounds fantastic: La Révolution Française, Les Misérables, Miss Saigon, Martin Guerre, and previews of The Pirate Queen all in one place, the 'Empty Chairs Tango' , the 'Javert Rap', and the 'On My Own Swing' silly variations of the original songs. It was performed by Joanna Ampil, Hadley Fraser, Claire Moore, Jerome Pradon, Stephen Tate, and Marie Zamora.

The Musical World of Boublil and Schönberg
Posted by LizzieCurry 2012-10-27 00:47:14

This?

http://www.musicalworld-boublil-schonberg.com/2012/03/09/march-2012-new-casting-for-do-you-hear-the-people-sing-concerts/1551

Is this a revised version of the book? I have what I think is the first printing and I don't think there's mention of the concert.

The Musical World of Boublil and Schnberg
Posted by Phan#24601 2012-10-27 01:19:55

I must have the revised version of the book, but there is no mention of that concert. The book was published in 2006.

The Musical World of Boublil and Sch?nberg
Posted by Phan#24601 2012-10-28 03:05:40

Here's a link:
http://www.musicalworld-boublil-schonberg.com/shows/one-day-more

Posted by My Oh My 2012-10-28 05:24:35

There are clips of it up on YouTube. The performers all do an exceptional job, by the looks of it. So do the large number of musicians. But I will never attend, not with those orchestrations. I never thought you could ruin "At the End of the Day," until I heard that version.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "OMG! He mentioned 'orchestration' AGAIN!!"

One of many, and many more to come.

At any rate, what definitely doesn't suck is that wonderful book referenced in this thread. One of the best.

Posted by alterego 2012-10-28 07:29:18

Their musical world? It must be a small book...or is it a brochure.