Printer Friendly - Sandy Might Prevent Me from seeing Annie.

Sandy Might Prevent Me from seeing Annie.
Posted by lupone76 2012-10-26 07:57:06

I have 2 tickets to see Annie for this coming Tuesday, October 30th. There is serious talk of Hurricane Sandy hitting the N.Y. area on Tuesday. Both my friend and I have been looking forward to seeing this new production. To make things worse I purchased the the tickets from someone on this message board. My question is, due to the weather will they possibly cancel the performance and have a make up performance? If they do not cancel the performance and its too dangerous outside for my friend and I to get to the theater will I be able to pass date the tickets since the name on the tickets is not mine but the person that I purchased the tickets from? I'm hoping that the storm simply blows away but I also find it ironic that the storm is named after Annie's iconic dog.

Posted by ghostlight2 2012-10-26 08:58:05

"That's not ironic. That just sucks". [/titletofshow]

...but seriously...the weather will have to be extremely severe before they cancel the performance. Does anyone remember what happened last year when the MTA shut down the transit system in advance of Irene? (Serious question. I don't).

As to past dating tickets, in my experience a valid ticket is a valid ticket. Who's to say that the poster here didn't buy them for you as a gift? I don't think you should have a problem with that. Good luck and be safe.

Posted by givesmevoice 2012-10-26 10:24:31

...but seriously...the weather will have to be extremely severe before they cancel the performance. Does anyone remember what happened last year when the MTA shut down the transit system in advance of Irene? (Serious question. I don't).

All Broadway and off-Broadway shows were canceled last year in advance of Irene. Also, don't forget that the OP might be coming from out of town and could be in an area that is more likely to be hit hard by the hurricane (the Jersey shore or out on Long Island).

Posted by ACL2006 2012-10-26 10:48:51

the worst of the Storm/hurricane is expected to hit the tri-state area Monday night into Tuesday. Hope it's not as bad as Irene from last August.

Posted by ghostlight2 2012-10-26 11:04:08

Sandy's potential is forecast to be far worse than Irene. Who knows if it will live up to it?

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-10-26 11:04:36

Worse comes to worse you can always past date your tickets. It's very easy to do, you just need to call ticketmaster the day you want to go and see if they can get you in.

Posted by ghostlight2 2012-10-26 11:06:41

Exactly - and you don't even need to provide them a reason for past dating.

Posted by vegas2 2012-10-26 13:51:07

And I thought this was going to be a thread about dog allergies.

Posted by Wishing Only Wounds 2012-10-26 17:08:44

^^
SAME.

That said, it takes A LOT for New York, and Broadway, to shut down. Some of the times, theatres will only allow you to past date if transportation shuts down, and you can't get into the city. So keep that in mind.

Posted by Jon 2012-10-26 19:39:33

Me too.

Of course, if Arthur Laurents had directed, it would have been a stuffed dog.

Posted by Kad 2012-10-27 00:05:56

And he would've killed and stuffed it himself.

Posted by Caring Soul 2012-10-27 02:33:46

Oh Sandy!

Posted by uncageg 2012-10-27 17:19:54

Sandy was dwngraded to a tropical storm this morning but is still expected to do damage. As mentioned, the worst of it is supposed to hit on Monday with some rain on Tues.

Posted by beaemma 2012-10-27 17:49:11

I was in town for Hurricane Irene. My three night, four show visit became a four night, two show visit when all performances and flights out were canceled. Tickets for the canceled shows were automatically refunded. There were no designated make-up dates. Of course, O.P.'s ticket would be refunded to the person who originally purchased it, who, I imagine/hope would make good to the person who bought it from him or her. What are the odds of such a situation happening twice in a couple of years? Who knows?

Posted by saisai 2012-10-29 17:37:32

I think they just cancelled all shows for Tuesday night

Posted by defyingravity11 2012-10-29 17:49:53

I was suppose to see Annie tomorrow... oh well... Let's hope that performances resume on Wednesday.

Posted by frankywhitley 2012-10-29 20:14:46

its too bad. this Annie is amazing. I loved the show!

Posted by lupone76 2012-10-30 11:51:14

Unfortunately, Sandy has prevented me from seeing Annie today. I'd like to thank the individual I bought the tickets from on this board for being honest and getting in touch with me to refund me once he gets refunded. I must get new tickets for another date now and hope and pray that another natural disaster does not occur.

Posted by taboo123 2012-10-30 12:15:55

Oh Sandy
you big wet kissing mess...

Posted by aaronb 2012-10-31 09:41:57

Just talked to someone over at Telecharge and she said all Broadway theaters have past date policies, so you shouldn't have much trouble--just call after 11 on the day you want to see the show and if there are seats available they will put you on a list.