Printer Friendly - The Ellen Show

The Ellen Show
Posted by StockardFan 2012-09-28 16:20:37

I swear I laugh out loud more watching this than any other show. She is just hilarious. Just sayin'.........carry on.

The Ellen Show
Posted by Jay Lerner-Z 2012-09-28 19:05:25

I love Ellen!

Her various segments are so much better and funnier than most anything on any of the late night shows. She seems to be enjoying herself so much too, so maybe that's infectious - not to mention her obvious decency...

the woman is a national treasure!

The Ellen Show
Posted by artscallion 2012-09-28 20:30:10

I've loved Ellen since her stand up days. I never get to see her show now, but love the clips I see from it. I wish she would do a sitcom again.

The Ellen Show
Posted by EricMontreal22 2012-09-29 14:12:34

I admit, I was disappointed to see this year that she's begun doing in show commercials (maybe she has in tha past, but I missed it if so). Still, I agree with the love.

The Ellen Show
Posted by StockardFan 2012-09-29 14:25:25

The only in show commercials I've seen are when she mentions JC Penney in her soap opera skits, and it's done in a funny way. She, Pink and Patrick Dempsey did one for this guy who fixed another guys car for free when it was vandalized because he was gay. It was actually hilarious!

The Ellen Show
Posted by EricMontreal22 2012-09-29 14:36:36

As a soap fan, I enjoyed her soap opera bit (and forgot about it). The other day she did a whack a mole thing for some guacomole brand... I guess it's not the end of the world--but I wouldn't expect that the show is in dire times the way I am ok with soaps doing horrific product placement.

(And the one for that guy's autoshop was great--I certainly approve of stuff like that, but it's not the same thing really, I doubt he paid for it).

The Ellen Show
Posted by StockardFan 2012-09-29 20:41:34

I didn't see the whack a mole thing, but I don't see the show every day....I have a 9 year old who tries to take over the family room TV every afternoon....LOL. I loved the body shop thing too - Patrick Dempsey says "Go there!"

The Ellen Show
Posted by ucjrdude902 2012-09-30 15:13:49

The mechanic shop commercial was for good reason, a kid that was gay had his car vandalized and the guy completely redid it for free, so they did a "commercial" to promote his place.

Usually the in show commercials are hilarious so it's no biggie as long as she continues to have Andy in his shorty shorts.

The Ellen Show
Posted by StockardFan 2012-09-30 21:55:48

LOL, I don't mind the in show commercials either. They always make me laugh. The whole show makes me laugh. And I agree completely about the auto body shop guy.

The Ellen Show
Posted by doodlenyc 2012-10-01 09:27:36

I watch her every morning at 5am with coffee/bfast. I can ff through some of the stuff I dont care about much (her dance at the beginning of the show, bad joke mondays, etc.) I do love her opening monologues, though.

I'll even ff through guests that are boring (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) or a musical guest I'm not that fond of...I can get be in the shower by 6am.

I really watch it for her, and am often caught tearing at some of her giving segments.

The Ellen Show
Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-10-09 23:24:26

I love her, but enough with the young kids singing Nicki Minaj! First those girls (who seem to be on ever other day) and now that little boy!