Printer Friendly - Paula Dean's English Pea Recipe for IDIOTS

Paula Dean's English Pea Recipe for IDIOTS
Posted by Brian07663NJ 2012-04-25 13:01:43

I don't know what is more hilarious - the article about the stupid recipe or flipping through some of those responses on her website!

Here is the article:
http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/paula-deen-explains-english-peas-230700830.html

Here is her website:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/english-peas-recipe/reviews/index.html?pn=2

Some reviews...(hilarious)

- Through an unhappy set of random events, I learned that English peas are just as good rectally as orally. Thanks Paula!

- This recipe was so easy I did it in bed!
Unfortunately I think one of the peas slipped under the mattress, and I've been unable to sleep since.

- I found placing the butter/pea mixture in the trash immediately after combining the two made this already AMAZING recipe even better! I suggest everyone try it this way!

- would this work with corn?

- Great moisturizer for dry, cracked heels. Thanks Paula

- I've always flirted with the idea of making canned peas, but assumed it would be too complicated. Thanks for de-mystifying it. I can cross it off my bucket list.

- Oh c'mon!! I'm so tired of these recipes that aren't specific. Do I use salted or unsalted butter? How "small" is a small pot? Do I have to cover the pot or can I leave it uncovered? Can somebody who has made this recipe help me out? Also, I have checked every store around and I can't find drained English Peas. All of them come with liquid!!!!

- Give peas a chance.

- WHAT???? No mayo!!!??? This can't possibly be a true Paula Deen recipe. It is an imposter!!!

Posted by JoeKv99 2012-04-25 13:19:11

Truly, this whole story is evidence that people have too much time on their hands.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-25 13:32:26

Yeah it's ridiculous but if you comb through any of the "celebrity chefs" recipes online you'll find stuff like this from Paula all the way to Martha Stewart.

Posted by SNAFU 2012-04-25 21:31:01

I have actually been desperately awaiting her recipe for Boiling Water!!! Not sure how much butter to use.

Posted by StockardFan 2012-04-26 02:38:12

I'm sorry but that is just funny right there.

Posted by rosscoe(au) 2012-04-27 02:29:54

I agree, that's some funny ****

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-04-27 09:48:31

And from Rachel Ray...

Posted by artscallion 2012-04-27 10:06:40

I heard that Sandra Lee was going to post an ice recipe but thought it would be too difficult for her viewers.

Posted by JbaraFan1 2012-04-28 12:41:46

Agree with Stockard and rosscoe. Well done, SNAFU!

Okay, the photo accompanying the "recipe" at FoodNetwork site -- is someone at the site having a laugh? Surely that is not supposed to be what it looks like?? lol

Posted by StockardFan 2012-04-28 13:33:08

The picture just looks like some mushy crap.