Printer Friendly - Once ( upon a time )

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2011-10-25 08:05:08

Just watched the pilot on itunes, loved it. Hope the rest of the season lives up to the first espisode.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Mister Matt 2011-10-25 10:42:31

I thought it was pretty bad for the most part. It seemed to take itself WAY too seriously and the exposition was pretty lousy. It was only the very end of the episode I found interesting at all.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Marianne2 2011-10-25 11:01:39

I liked it. I'm interested in seeing where it goes. But, the premise has me worried that it can't last more than a season.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2011-10-25 11:54:01

I thought it was okay. The blonde girl who plays Emma annoyed me on How I Met Your Mother but she annoyed me less here. Maybe because the skinny, generically pretty blonde who is tough as nails but is a softie inside is an ABC trope (think about every blonde girl who wanders into the cast of "Grey's Anatomy" - Emma would be a perfect fit at Seattle Grace) and I'm desensitized to it.

And while I think it's horrible (and kind of shallow for it to be such a sticking point to me), I wonder if Gennifer Goodwin's awful short haircut is a character choice. She looks like an elf! Is Snow White trying to tell his something?

I'm curious if they'll ever explain the whole time conundrum. Clearly these people have been living in Storybrooke for some time, but it can't be the 28 years it took Emma to reach that age, can it? Do they just not age in Storybrooke? Unless this was explained and I missed it.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jane2 2011-10-25 14:33:07

I'm on the fence and willing to give it another try.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JbaraFan1 2011-10-25 15:03:15

About the not aging thing...

I think time has stood still in Storybrooke, Maine for all the people who were transported there 28 years ago, so none of them have aged any.

Emma grew up outside of this enchanted/cursed area, so she aged normally. I think Henry has also aged naturally from birth to aged ten because he wasn't born there, just grew up there after being adopted by The Mayor/Evil Queen.

I could be wrong though.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JbaraFan1 2011-10-25 15:03:15

double post

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2011-10-25 15:13:05

That makes sense, Jbarafan.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Marianne2 2011-10-25 15:55:06

Phyllis-I guess noticing Ginnifer Goodwin's ears makes me shallow too. It was more the right one when she wasn't Snow White. I feel bad for noticing it, but the haircut isn't too flattering because of that.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2011-10-25 16:04:59

Right? It's just so unflattering they way it draws so much attention to her damn ears!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by SonofRobbieJ 2011-10-25 16:19:19

The ears didn't bother me as much as those EYEBROWS!!!

I'm surprised Michael K over at Dlisted didn't do a Special Chola Post about them.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Mister Matt 2011-10-25 16:45:36

I was distracted by her ears as well.

And what about all the children? She teaches at a school, so where do all the kids come from? Are they from other towns or do they not age as well? I would think after 28 years, people would start to suspect something's up when their kids are just repeating the same grades over and over and nobody ever graduates.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by strummergirl 2011-10-25 17:35:46

Ginnifer Goodwin has been wearing a lot of wigs for a lot of her projects for years now. I guess she digs her short hair in her off-time but the wigs have become a distraction.

As for the show, wake me up when Kristin Bauer (Pam from True Blood) will play Maleficent. I can live with the cheesiness when there is an actor who is aware of it and can play it as camp.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JP2 2011-10-25 17:46:39

I actually loved this!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by wonkit 2011-10-25 18:47:03

I thought this was an intriguing idea but the pilot was unbearably cheesy, and the acting during the story book scenes was painfully overdone. I probably won't bother - too much good stuff on cable TV at the moment.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jane2 2011-10-25 18:54:24

I didn't notice anything unusual about Ginnifer Goodwin's appearance. This was the first time I ever saw her also. but I kept looking at the little boy's ears!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by AwesomeDanny 2011-10-25 19:08:32

I really enjoyed this. It, for whatever reason, reminded me a lot of Pushing Daisies in its tone and how much I miss that show. I'll settle for this even if it isn't quite up to par with that great show. In any case, I've always been intrigued by the new perspective on fairy-tales ideas (Into the Woods, Wicked (the book more than the musical), etc.), so I'm excited for the season. I just wonder (as someone previously said) how this show is going to last beyond one season.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by adamgreer 2011-10-25 21:38:53

I really enjoyed it!

Parts of it were cheesy, but I am intrigued enough to keep watching it and see where it goes.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Taryn 2011-10-26 01:30:49

The ears didn't bother me as much as those EYEBROWS!!!

Seriously! Who decided to give her delicate features such over-bold brows?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2011-10-26 01:43:11

"I would think after 28 years, people would start to suspect something's up when their kids are just repeating the same grades over and over and nobody ever graduates."

Maybe all the kids in Storybrook are just stupid.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-10-26 08:23:13

OMG, you guys are hilarious. I think you are all trying to be way too logical. Just suspend your disbelief and go with it!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by jasonf 2011-10-26 10:35:12

I liked it a lot. I didn't feel it took itself that seriously - there were several winks at the audience that hinted that it wasn't so serious.
I especially liked the Rumplestiltskin character. I wasn't entirely sure about the tone either till he came into it - to me he pretty much solidified the fact that they know it's cheesy and over the top. If the "royals" aren't earnest, then what else could they be?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-10-29 14:39:20

I finally saw this today and I really enjoyed it.

SPOILER:

I assumed that Regina was going to know who she really was and that the curse would be immune to her, but it really was only immune to Emma. I was not crazy about Ginnifer Goodwin's acting during the fairy tale time scenes, but she still do a good job. I can't wait for the next episode.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by AwesomeDanny 2011-10-29 14:45:46

Do you really think that Regina wasn't immune to the curse? I thought that it was like this secret she was trying to keep so she pretended to know nothing about it.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by nygrl232 2011-10-29 14:48:32

>>Ginnifer Goodwin has been wearing a lot of wigs for a lot of her projects for years now. I guess she digs her short hair in her off-time but the wigs have become a distraction.

Which is a cool idea. Keeps her look varied and keeps the 'razzis at bay.

I liked the pilot. Prince Charming looked too modern in that haircut of his--he needed princelier hair. I like Ginnifer's gamine cut.

It's interesting how the Evil Queen's curse keeps everything just out of reach for Snow White's character. Talk about having a grudge against someone--there has to be more to the EQ's story than just envying Snow's looks.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-10-29 16:00:48

"Do you really think that Regina wasn't immune to the curse?"

I thought she was going to immune because it was HER MAGIC and she said that the only person who would get a Happily Ever After was her.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2011-10-30 20:17:54

PAM!!!!!!!!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by jasonf 2011-10-30 22:14:45

Did I miss what Snow White took from the queen or was that not explained yet?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JP2 2011-10-31 00:26:32

Not yet.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by nygrl232 2011-10-31 10:32:05

What could she have taken from the queen? How do they even know each other in the first place? That might give a few answers... The obvious track to follow is that they're mom and daughter, or sisters. Or that Snow did something that had an unconscious ripple effect that affected the queen. Or that the queen wanted Prince Charming.

Well, whatever it is, the writers are attempting to explain some very old stories, and on some levels, reach into the heads of the unknown authors of some very persistent and socially relevant mythology.

Liked the second episode. It does have a 'Pushing Daisies' feel, but thank goodness it's NOT that show at all. I hated that show.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by jasonf 2011-10-31 13:17:00

Traditionally we all know the queen is her stepmother. Could she have loved Snow's father and somehow Snow turned him against her?

I'm wondering if they're going to try to make the queen sympathetic somehow through whatever it was that was taken, or if she's imagined whatever it was and put the blame on Snow.

It could also, based on the original story, be that Snow took her "title" as fairest of them all...?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-10-31 14:50:47

It's a good thing that ABC is oewned by Disney, so they can use names like Maleficient and the Dwarfs names from the 1937 film. I don't think parents should have their young children watch this program because then they would ask questions all the time like "How did Maleficent and the Evil Queen survive after what happened in their films?"

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2011-10-31 15:02:00

The show is actually turning darker than I expected it to, which I'm quite enjoying.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by adamgreer 2011-11-01 21:24:09

Loving this show!

It's getting quite intriguing.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-02 02:59:48

really enjoying this show!

and just wondering... is there a reason why the OP put "upon a time" in the subject in parenthesis??

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by adamgreer 2011-11-02 07:51:28

The only thing I didn't like was the depiction of Maleficent as less powerful than the Queen. Maleficent is the Mistress of All Evil. I didn't care for the somewhat goofy portrayal of her.

Still loving the show, though! My only concern is that I don't see how they're going to make this last for more than one season.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-11-03 23:20:54

No surprise the show has been picked up for a full season.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by kec 2011-11-06 21:17:35

This is really getting interesting now...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2011-11-06 21:27:19

Yaaaay!!!! Brittany Snow is Cinderella!!!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by jasonf 2011-11-06 21:58:24

I thought tonight's episode was the best episode so far. I LOVED the trolls. The dialogue was stronger than in the past episodes, I thought, and the mystery is definitely getting more intriguing.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-11-06 22:25:45

This show is getting better and better every week. It's my my new favorite show on television.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by bwayrose7 2011-11-07 11:34:24

Last night was my favorite episode so far. I really liked the flashbacks with Snow and Charming! And it's a small thing but I was really excited to find out Charming's real name. Can't wait to see where the show goes next!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JP2 2011-11-07 13:25:26

Can someone tell me where Lana Parrilla has been all my life?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-07 13:53:45

I still need to sit down and watch last night's show.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JerseyGirl2 2011-11-07 17:08:57

Can someone tell me where Lana Parrilla has been all my life?

I only knew her from Swingtown.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Bluemoon 2011-11-07 17:20:42

She was also on 12 episodes of 24 as a CTU agant.

I had assumed that the sheriff wasn't transported from the fairytale, but was native to the town. Now I'm thinking he might have been the "woodsman" who the evil queen told to take Snow White into the woods and kill her. If I remember correctly, he took pity on her and let her go. He brought back to the queen the heart of some animal when she had asked for Snow's heart. Can't believe they read that stuff to us as kids.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-07 20:32:04

I know right? And I was worried about my 8 year old having nightmares from the Wizard of Oz last night.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by adamgreer 2011-11-07 23:43:48

This show is really getting good!!!!

I loved last night's episode, and can't wait to see how they work in more of Cinderella next week.

I get more and more hooked every week.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by madbrian 2011-11-08 11:25:10

Our consensus is also that the sheriff is the woodsman. We're stuck on figuring out who the doctor is (the hospital doctor, not the psychiatrist).

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by adamgreer 2011-11-08 11:31:57

I'm also pretty sure that the Sheriff is the Woodsman.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Bluemoon 2011-11-08 11:44:01

"We're stuck on figuring out who the doctor is (the hospital doctor, not the psychiatrist)."

I think he's the Big Bad Wolf. Did you see the way he was eyeing Ruby (Red Riding Hood) in the diner? He practically licked his lips!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-08 19:36:56

looks like they just cast Belle! and it's Emilie de Ravin aka Claire from LOST!!!! and Alan Dale aka Charles Widmore is Prince Charming's father!!! not surprising since the creators were writers on LOST...

oh and btw Jordan... Brittany Snow is not Cinderella... it's Jessy Schram... although they do look like in some pics I've seen

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-08 20:27:09

So is David/Prince Charming's wife supposed to be Cinderella? I finally watched Sunday's show and I was a little confused about that.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by adamgreer 2011-11-08 20:29:49

^Yes, and it appears (based on the preview), we'll learn a lot more about her next week.

Question...have we met Maleficent's "modern day" equivalent yet, or no?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-08 21:25:08

Thanks, Adam. As for your question, I have no clue!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-09 00:42:02

who is David? You mean James/Prince Charming? Cinderella wasn't in Sunday's episode...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-09 01:31:45

Yes, David is James/Prince Charming's name in the current story. The guy in the coma.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-09 03:29:14

aah... I forgot that... well that's not Cinderella... it was some other random character (well as based on what IMDB says)

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-09 07:13:24

Was it the same person that was in the carriage? In the very beginning of the show? I never caught who that was supposed to be. His (Charming's) fiance.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-09 11:17:25

i didn't catch on either until i went on some other message boards... but the woman in the carriage shows up at the end of the episode as his wife in the real world that Regina finds...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-09 13:55:08

At some point I'll catch on to what's going on........LOL

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2011-11-10 08:31:37

Just caught up with the last couple of shows. Loving every minute of this and it's getting darker.

And east to answer your question, thats how I saw the billboard on Sunset, the was for Once ( upon a time )

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by degrassifan 2011-11-10 14:53:57

1. I LOVE this show! It's my new favorite!! I'm a fairy tale junkie, so this show is perfect!

2. I think the Sheriff is the kind Huntsman that took pity on Snow White when the queen ordered him to kill Snow White and bring the queen her heart as proof.

3. The queen is Snow White's stepmother.

4. Prince James/Charming's fiancee is not Cinderella nor one of her stepsisters (as some have speculated). It was mentioned that she was a princess from a neighboring kingdom. I think it is just a random character, but if I had to pick a fairy tale character, my guess would be the princess from "The Frog Prince". The reason I say this is because the princess is supposed to be spoiled until she falls in love with the frog that later turns back into a prince. Just my theory.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by kec 2011-11-13 19:14:56

Looking forward to tonight's episode...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by AwesomeDanny 2011-11-13 21:12:38

I'm really loving this show. I'm dying to know what will happen next week. This is a very compelling new favorite.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by degrassifan 2011-11-13 22:42:28

Snow White: This is truly a night for celebration. Do you realize what an inspiration you are to everyone?

Cinderella: All I did was get married.

Snow White: All you did was show that anyone can change her life. I'm proud of you.

Although, the ending confused me. I want to know what happens with Prince Thomas and Cinderella! I hope their story doesn't end there...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Bluemoon 2011-11-14 07:46:55

I love that Cinderella's name in Maine is ASHley. "Cindy" would have been too obvious.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-14 08:12:54

I enjoyed last night's show!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-11-14 14:32:11

I hope they explain what happened to Thomas (Cinderella's Prince) after he disappeared because the curse had not happened yet.

In case no one knew, Emilie de Ravin, from 'Lost', has been cast as Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast' in a future episode.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JbaraFan1 2011-11-14 17:12:52

I missed last night's episode and still have to catch up. Will look for it on Hulu I guess.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-11-27 23:42:56

Tonight's episode had some very interesting background information on Gepetto and Jiminy Cricket. Also, Regina and Emma put their differences aside for once.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-11-28 00:02:11

Tonight was interesting. I may need to rewatch it.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JP2 2011-11-28 00:07:23

Tonight's episode was great. I actually teared up a little when the fairy revealed the little boys name. Also, anyone notice the lamp next to the dolls?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-28 01:00:31

yup! loved the genie's lamp showing up!

and yes.. I too teared up at the mention of Gepetto as the little boy

i am eagerly awaiting to see how each character gets awakened and how they will show it... i keep imagining how they do it in LOST for some reason... i have a feeling that mr. hopper will be the first one!

did anyone read the Entertainment Weekly article from like a week ago? they said they were working on a cool way to introduce the ariel from the little mermaid! should be fun if they can do it! and btw... for some reason I really want them to show Hansel and Gretel.. ha

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2011-11-28 01:05:32

Dear Once Upon a Time,

Please let the actress who is the mayor/evil queen play something other than anger for once. It's getting old. She seems like a good actress. Give her some range. Make her character more varied. Please.

Love,
~ff~

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-28 02:15:22

looks like Aladdin will definitely be showing up this season!

and here's a nice pic of Emilie DeRavin as Belle... it's in the link...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2011-11-28 12:30:53

Do you guys think there's any chance that one of the doctors in the hospital will be Doc (from Snow White), and he just won't be a dwarf in this world? (Just like Archie Hopper isn't a cricket?)

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by artscallion 2011-11-28 13:57:50

Is it just me or did Geppetto have a heavy Italian accent as an old man, but no accent as a child?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-28 14:10:33

well technically they don't have to really have dwarves... the guy who played Grumpy is not a dwarf... i believe he was the security guard when John Doe escaped the hospital

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JerseyGirl2 2011-11-28 14:37:51

My son and his doctor are trapped in a mine that's caving in! I know! Let's set off explosives and hope for the best!

Huh? Wha?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-11-28 15:00:48

The show is a hit for teens and kids.

I wasn't sure if parents would want their kids to watch this since it has had some dark moments like the Evil Queen killing her father and Rumplestilskin killing Cinderella's Fairy Godmother. Plus, like I stated earlier, since most kids love Disney, they might be asking questions like why are the Evil Queen and Maleficient still alive. But I do think this is a better program for them to watch, then a show with teenagers drinking and having sex all the time like on 'Glee'.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JP2 2011-11-28 15:14:11

Well, that's always been the mindset in every parental group/association:

Drugs/Sex = BAD
Killing/Violence = GOOD

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-11-28 15:39:12

^ They also must prefer them watching Scar kill Mufasa in 'The Lion King' and Bambi's mom getting shot.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by Jilani 2011-11-28 17:36:50

I love that Cinderella's name in Maine is ASHley. "Cindy" would have been too obvious.

I am enjoying this show, and I'm a total sucker for little details like the above. Here are some others - any more name-related ones that I've missed?

Regina (means "queen")
Archie Hopper (reference to his cricket form)
Ruby (reference to "Red" Riding Hood)
Ms. Blanchard (means "white")
Mr. Gold (reference to Rumplestiltskin spinning straw into gold?)

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-11-28 17:42:11

i also love their little shout outs to LOST... The Apollo candy bar was just awesome.... and i can't believe i didn't notice... but the clock was stuck at 8:15... the flight number of the plane that crash (Oceanic 815)... ha!

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by kec 2011-12-03 23:13:37

"Mr. Gold (reference to Rumplestiltskin spinning straw into gold?)"

Very likely.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by StockardFan 2011-12-04 20:58:34

Midas' daughter is sort of a biotch, huh?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by eatlasagna 2011-12-04 22:58:05

this is an interesting read from the creator of the FABLES graphic novels...

now I wonder who is the sheriff now.... hmm...

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-12-05 00:56:57

Tonight we really got to know James's/David's past. It was very interesting to find out who he really was in the fairy tale world. I felt very bad for Mary Margaret/Snow White.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by kec 2011-12-05 07:00:35

The sheriff being the big bad wolf never occured to me. I thought he might have been the Huntsman who spared Snow White.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by JP2 2011-12-05 11:36:14

Well, from the preview for next week it looks like he is in fact the Huntsman.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-12-05 13:12:38

Ratings have been dropping two weeks in row. It used to be watched by over 11 million viewers, but the last two episodes have been seen by 10.69 and 9.61 million viewers. The 18-49 rating has dropped to 3.4 and 3.1. Should we start to worry?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/28/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-slips-11-to-series-lows-most-shows-down-as-nfl-dominates-sunday-night/111872/

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/05/tv-ratings-sunday-simpsons-family-guy-get-a-big-boost-once-upon-a-time-pan-am-hit-lows-as-of-course-sunday-night-football-wins/112606/

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by kec 2011-12-05 19:41:16

Doesn't viewership always drop around the holidays?

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by jasonf 2011-12-05 21:17:27

Viewership dropping from the premiere isn't really a surprise. I haven't read a thing about the network worrying about the show.

I have to say - the dragon scene was pretty well done for a TV show.

Once ( upon a time )
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-12-05 21:47:36

Sage Brocklebank, from 'Psych', has been cast as Gaston from 'Beauty and the Beast'. The epsiode is scheduled to air February 12 with the previously announced Emile de Ravin as Belle.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2011-12-05 23:52:21

Another thought on names...

Mary Margaret Blanchard (aka Snow White)
- Mary, as in the virgin from the Bible
- Margaret means "pearl"
- Blanchard seems to derive from the French for "white"

I'm really curious to see who "Dr. Whale" turns out to be, because of his name. I keep thinking of the whale in Pinocchio, but I don't see why that would be it. And I have no idea what "Sheriff Graham" might be hinting at...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2011-12-05 23:56:21

Side note: Does it bother anyone else that everyone knows Rumplestiltskin's name?

If I remember correctly, the whole point of that story was that no one could guess his name, and when someone finally overheard it, he tore himself in half.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2011-12-11 14:49:12

"Side note: Does it bother anyone else that everyone knows Rumplestiltskin's name?

If I remember correctly, the whole point of that story was that no one could guess his name, and when someone finally overheard it, he tore himself in half."

Doesn't bother me too much, considering they seem to be taking liberties with the stories as it is.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Dre2387 2011-12-11 22:22:27

Oh my god. Tonight's episode was one of the best they have had. I wont give anything away besides the fact that Sheriff Graham is the Huntsman and that a major item from the fairytale life is shown in Storybrooke. And it's not like Gepetto's wooden parents just happening to be in Mr. Gold's store.

Such a brilliant show! I never thought they would be able to pull it off, but there are a lot more fairy tales that can be weaved together and a lot more angles of stories that I thought there were. I love it!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2011-12-11 22:35:07

A very dark episode, yet also very revealing. Looks like they're taking a break for the holidays, which is too bad. Can't wait to see how the storyline continues.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2011-12-11 23:35:52

Is it not on next week? I had to record and it showed what was coming up, but the recording stopped before it said whether it was next week or later.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-12-12 00:19:17

^ The next episode won't be till January 8.

All I can say after tonight is Regina really showed how evil and dangerous she can be even in this time period.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2011-12-12 03:07:53

Woah...Evil Queen/Madame Mayor is pure evil! Wtf did Snow White do to her that pissed her off so much?!?!?!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Dre2387 2011-12-12 09:48:50

Evil Queen told Snow White a secret in confidence and Snow White told someone and the evil queen found out about it. what could it be?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-12-12 12:03:42

=-(

CROSSING MY FINGERS for some Golden Globe nominations and wins.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2011-12-12 13:29:26

She is an evil biotch for sure.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2011-12-12 13:43:05

Maybe we don't have to worry abut the ratings right now.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/06/abc-should-once-upon-a-time-continued-ratings-declines-begin-to-worry-fans/112693/

Once Upon a Time
Posted by JerseyGirl2 2011-12-13 17:37:03

Thread jack:

~FF~, did I just see you on Comedy Central? lol

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2011-12-13 20:08:09

@JerseyGirl2 -- Yes you did! Great catch! I made an appearance in a sketch on The Daily Show.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by JerseyGirl2 2011-12-13 20:20:41

Ha ha. Now you're an international star!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2011-12-14 08:02:36

That was hilarious! And yay for FF!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2011-12-17 07:53:59

Finally caught up with the last two espiodes, this is just getting better and better. The mayor is one bitch of a woman. I wouldn't mind if this was just a one season show or two at the most.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-08 20:17:01

Finally back tonight! Got both this & Downton Abbey set to record.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2012-01-08 20:27:39

I would be so tempted to leave Regina there to burn.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-08 22:33:41

Very interesting story about how Rumplestilskin became the person he was. This is a terrific show.

"I would be so tempted to leave Regina there to burn."

I know, but despite all she had done, Emma knew it would not have been the right thing to do.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-01-09 00:59:22

I really love this show. However, I really wish someone over at ABC had made them change her name from Miss Swan to something else. Because seriously, at least 10 times each episode this is all I think of

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-09 12:00:58

Good news, the show last night was up 28% from the last original episode!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-09 23:33:54

"Very interesting story about how Rumplestilskin became the person he was. This is a terrific show."

The background stories are fascinating. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the Hansel & Gretel story next week.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by henrikegerman 2012-01-10 09:30:12

Beautiful episode with great counterpoint between the Storybrook and fairy tale stories and lovely back story for Gold/Rumple. (all that plus one very sexy Duke!)

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-16 15:45:56

A stranger comes to town! Should be interesting to see how that turns out next week. enjoyed the take on the Hansel & Gretl story this week.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-16 23:42:33

"enjoyed the take on the Hansel & Gretl story this week."

^ So did I.

Also, the stranger appearing was very interesting.

SPOILER:

Interesting how the Queen got Hansel & Gretel to get the Poisoned Apple that she eventually uses on 'Snow White'.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by henrikegerman 2012-01-18 13:10:51

Couldn't agree more that this show is getting stronger and stronger. The last two episodes were brilliantly written with the two setting counterpoint indelibly rich and resonant.

One thing seems amiss to me though. Either that or foreshadowing something that is amiss to come. Henry's concern that something terrible would happen when Emma took the road with the kids (Hansel and Gretl). Henry is usually all seeing in his warnings but here it all turned out right.

Or has it?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2012-01-18 17:02:57

I was actually confused about the poisoned apple thing. Didn't the show already establish that she had the magical apple tree growing in her yard?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by artscallion 2012-01-18 17:25:39

"...Henry's concern that something terrible would happen when Emma took the road with the kids (Hansel and Gretl). Henry is usually all seeing in his warnings but here it all turned out right..."

Well they didn't leave town. Henry says terrible things happen when you try to leave town. The car stopped right at the town line (you could see the sign in the background) and she called the tow truck from there. I imagine if they'd actually tried to cross the town line, that's when something terrible might have happened.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-18 18:21:08

I got the impression that Emma stopped the car on purpose, so she could call their father to get him to see them.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by jasonf 2012-01-18 20:31:11

That's what I got too - that she did it on purpose. Didn't she say as much?

This show keeps getting better each week. Very entertaining series so far, though I wonder what happens in year 4 or 5 when they're running low on stories to use...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by artscallion 2012-01-18 20:36:18

Yes, kec. I had that impression too. I thought that either she stopped on purpose so she could call him. Or that she took advantage of actually breaking down to call him. The fact that it was right at the town line could have been
1. coincidence.
2. her choice because she suspected Henry was right and didn't want to take the chance of crossing the town line.
3. The spell working to prevent her from leaving.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-22 22:43:47

So, the stranger is a writer...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-22 23:33:55

The episode ended perfectly until Regina saw what happened. I have feeling that something very bad could happen in the next episode.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by AwesomeDanny 2012-01-23 00:51:03

I feel like the stranger wrote the book that Henry had in the pilot. Anyone agree?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-23 13:35:13

Spoiler:

I realized that show made another Disney reference last night. When Regina saw Mary Margaret and David kissing from the window of her car, it was very similar to the scene from the 1937 Disney adaptation of 'Snow White' when the Evil Queen saw the Prince confessing his love to Snow White from a window in the castle.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-01-23 13:54:48

great episode... oh Stealthy... we hardly knew you!

and every time I see the writer guy... i can't stop picturing him in Center Stage (my guilty pleasure movie!) haha

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2012-01-23 14:18:13

Why does Regina care so much about David and his wife?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-23 14:41:29

^ Well, she must know that Mary Margaret is Snow White and she wants to keep her and David (James) away from each other. And for some reason she is friends with Katherine.

In other news, the series has become the #1 non-sports program among viewers and young adults on Sunday nights.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2012-01-23 14:55:19

I wonder why she is the only one that remembers their fairy tale life?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by SonofRobbieJ 2012-01-23 15:43:58

Well...cause it's her curse. I imagine she exempted herself from its effects.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-01-23 15:48:56

Another Disney reference last night:

Did you recognize the song Grumpy was whistling in the jail cell? It was a riff on "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho".

Doesn't Gold/Rumplestilskin also know the truth?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2012-01-23 16:04:39

I have no clue. I can't figure it out.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by mormonophobic 2012-01-23 17:36:55

This show just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely loved the newest episode, especially the whole bit with (Spoiler Alert) Mary Margaret/David only going to get coffee to see each other.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-23 18:02:09

"Doesn't Gold/Rumplestilskin also know the truth?"

I believe he does.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-01-23 21:43:51

I really liked this episode, but it seemed to be lacking something for me. At the beginning of the series I thought I wanted more Snow/Charming stuff, but as it's gone on the other stories are doing it more for me. Last week I instantly wanted to watch the episode again, but this week it felt so predictable (for the most part) and almost like any episode of Grey's (or insert drama here) that I wasn't thrilled. Bring me more random Fairy Tale stories that can also tie the Storybrook world in!

And I think Gold knows, but I'm not sure if he's manipulating Storybrook like Regina attempts/wants to (ie the David/Katherine thing).

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-01-23 22:13:54

oh and I loved how we finally got to see Little Red Riding Hood! that was her first appearance, right? anyway... she looked good!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-01-23 22:56:27

Speaking of Gold/Rumplestiltskin, I have to say I am really enjoying Robert Carlyle in the role. From the maniacal Rumplestiltskin to the mysterious Mr. Gold, he's great. I love how every once in awhile we hear a bit of his native Scottish accent.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2012-01-24 07:14:46

eatlasagna, that was the first time we've seen her in fairy tale world I think. But she is Ruby the diner waitress in Storybrooke. Her mom runs the Inn where Emma was staying. Or is it her grandma? Anyway, we've seen her in present time.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by JerseyGirl2 2012-01-24 07:36:20

Well, of course it's her Granny.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by artscallion 2012-01-24 08:49:07

Yes, when the "stranger in town" asked the sheriff if there were any hotels in town, she answered, "Granny's Bed & Breakfast."

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-01-24 14:40:32

oh yes I know she's the waitress.... for some reason i wasn't sure if that was the first time we saw her as Red... now i want to see Grandma and the Wolf!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-01-29 22:03:50

Ahh, tonight's episode! I can't believe I even felt sorry for that witch!! Idk if she was lying about being trapped or if it was part of her trick? If what she said was true, then I do feel sorry for her and I see one of the many reasons why she hates Snow White and King Leopold (who pissed me off) and I don't blame her at all.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by artscallion 2012-01-30 07:43:52

I too was feeling bad for Queeny. Her pain seemed real when she ran off crying after the king's speech. Later I wondered if her despair and crying was real, but caused by the fact that he said someone else was the fairest, not by his implication that he didn't love her much.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by StockardFan 2012-01-30 08:15:51

I felt sorry for her for about a hot second. But once she screwed over the Genie I didn't anymore.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-30 13:46:07

Another great episode. I kind of felt sorry for the Queen until it was revealed what her true plans were for those snakes. Things are not really going well for Emma in Storybrooke right now. Hopefully, they'll turn around. I look forward to the 'Beauty and the Beast' story next episode, which airs February 12.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2012-01-30 14:02:52

The king was so selfless and good with his wishes. And he loves his daughter so much...

He may have hurt the evil queen's feelings, but you can hardly hate the guy.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-01-30 14:11:49

"The king was so selfless and good with his wishes. And he loves his daughter so much..."

It really was a shame he had to be killed. He was a such a good father to his daughter.

I also liked how it was revealed when the Magic Mirror came to be.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-01-30 17:37:17

Ah, I hope what Queen Regina was feeling was real pain! Honestly, it pained me when King Leopold was saying all those nice things about Snow. Just putting myself in her position, I was really hurt! And here I was thinking she was down with the swirl when she was kissing the Genie! Ah, I was fooled! Lol

The king was kind of a douche for saying those things though. Then, reading her diary & locking her in her bedroom.

The episode did teach me that wishing does have its consequences.

Can I say that I am so pissed that Rumple is the Beast? Ahhh, he's not even that special and is highly overrated! I didn't like how he was put in Cinderella, now Beauty and the Beast? And these characters are dumb enough to make deals with this evil person! Ughh!

But I still love the show though!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-01-30 22:43:57

In response to the king reading her diary, I think Regina (who has the same name in both worlds.... interesting....) purposefully left it out so that he would read it. Since we know the genie was all part of her plan, I'm sure she planted that bug as well. The king may have his douchy moments, but I highly doubt that was one of them.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-01-31 02:13:26

still love this show.. but this episode was probably the worst so far for me... it was just... boring with some boring writing! i'm beginning to tire of the Emma vs. Regina stuff.. it's basically the same conversation every damn episode between these two... the end reveal of Sidney working for the Mayor was predictable... Sidney all of a sudden helping Emma felt way too forced... i liked how the genie became the mirror... but the relationship and his feelings towards Regina in Storybook land felt unconvincing... just not my favorite episode... but still a great show

Once Upon a Time
Posted by artscallion 2012-01-31 07:06:07

Agreed about the Rigina vs. Emma stuff, Lasagna. Every week, some variation of...
Regina: You broke into my office/tried to kill me/kidnapped my son/set the woods on fire/insert horrible crime here. Now you just better get back to work and cut it out!
Emma: grumble, grumble...one of these days, Regina! One of these days...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-01-31 13:38:53

or some variation of Regina demanding Emma stay away from my son/he's not your son and Emma usually responding with it's Henry that wants to see me... blah blah blah...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2012-01-31 14:09:01

I was geeked about the stranger stealing the book.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by JerseyGirl2 2012-02-01 07:24:36

This one wasn't written too well, I don't think. Didn't you know as soon as they said she was buying land that she was building a better playground? Didn't you know the stranger had the book? I did. Disappointed.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2012-02-01 11:03:16

Totally thought Mr. Gold had the book. He seems to acquire everything of interest in the town.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-02-01 11:58:16

Barbara Hershey has just been cast as Regina's mother

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-02-01 12:09:25

"Hershey (Black Swan, Beaches) has been tapped for a guest role this season and a three-episode arc in the shows NEXT season. Thats right, season 2."

Yay for a second season!!!!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-02-07 14:30:53

An 'Alice in Wonderland' episode is planned. The title of the episode is 'Hat Trick' (probably referring to the Mad Hatter). Roger Daltrey has been cast as the voice of the Caterpillar.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2012-02-08 04:26:37

Second "yay" for second season. I just hope they start to wrap some loose ends up. Two seasons for this would be perfect.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by adamgreer 2012-02-12 21:01:59

Good episode tonight. Interesting twist on the Beauty and the Beast tale.

Anyone else see the Sorcerer's Apprentice hat in Rumpelstiltskin/the Beast's castle?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-02-13 00:24:52

didn't see the hat... darn. but i loved seeing Chip playing a good role and the clock and candelabra in the background!

LOVED the scene with Regina and Mr. Gold when he finally admit who he is... glad Emilie de Ravin will eventually return

now... whenever mr. gold says please, Regina has to obey him, right? that was from a few episodes ago...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-02-13 00:24:58

"Interesting twist on the Beauty and the Beast tale."

It really was.

I was so scared that Belle had died, but she's still alive. However, things are not looking good for her.

"now... whenever mr. gold says please, Regina has to obey him, right? that was from a few episodes ago..."

Yes, she does.

On the preview for the next episode it looks like Ariel from 'The Little Mermaid' might be a villain. But maybe its the Sea Witch in disguise as her.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-02-18 03:18:44

Ok, so I just watched Once. Oh my goodness, that was soooo dramatic!! Way too much was going on! It was actually really good! I loved the Beauty and the Beast twist. At first, I was peeved that Rumple was the beast, but it just works. No lie, I couldn't stand Belle's British accent. I liked the Storybrooke scenes as well, especially the fact that Ruby, Mary Margaret, and Ashley were all friends. Oh and Sean & Ashley's engagement was cool, even though it was in a bar.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-02-19 23:27:05

David should have told Katherine that he was seeing Mary Margaret. He was being a coward for not telling her. What Regina did at the end of the episode showed once again how heartless she was.

Spoiler: I had a feeling that the gym teacher was Katherine/Abagail's lover Frederick from the Fairy Tale World.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-02-19 23:43:55

Oohh, I felt that slap! Why is this witch so freaking evil?!?! Some people will stop at nothing to ruin other people's happiness. Why? What do you gain from it?

Ummm, to get into Law School, you have to take the LSATs. I doubt Storybrooke has a testing center...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-02-20 01:14:29

what do you think that guy was doing to the book? was he copying it? editing it or adding another story? thoughts?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Taryn 2012-02-21 01:32:00

No lie, I couldn't stand Belle's British accent.

I don't think she was putting on a British accent. Sounded like Emilie's natural Australian accent.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-02-21 20:00:33

Oh. I heard her father speak with a British accent as well. I didn't really have a real problem with it. Just that Snow White and Cinderella didn't have one, so why did Belle? It doesn't really matter in the end. The actress was great!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-02-21 22:39:08

FYI for those of you on Twitter, Robert Carlysle just joined Twitter today (apparently there were some imposters out there) Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas are also on Twitter.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-02-28 22:44:37

Interesting article about the show:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-04 08:22:06

"what do you think that guy was doing to the book? was he copying it? editing it or adding another story? thoughts?"

I think he was adding another story. I believe the book had some pages at the back missing, he might have been replacing those pages.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-03-05 11:05:32

I enjoyed the episode and I love Emilie de Ravin as Belle. However, I found it very bizarre that dwarfs hatched from large eggs.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-05 13:24:56

Yes that was a bit strange. If you look at this panel discussion from the Paleyfest Once Upon A Time Panel discussion, I think they offered up a (sort of) reason for that. Worth looking at in any case:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-03-11 10:53:22

TV.com really did not like last week's episode.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-11 12:17:15

Saw that article last week. Didn't read it all, but enough to think the author went a bit overboard. It wasn't particularly a favorite episode, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.

Looking forward to Red's story tonight though.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-11 21:17:45

WOW!!! I was SOOOO NOT expecting that!!!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-03-11 23:50:54

SPOILER:

I did not think that Red was going to be the Wolf. That was shocking. Also someone is framing Mary Margaret for Katharine's death.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-12 01:15:31

yeah soooo did not see that coming from tonight's episode! i actually thought it was going to be the doctor because that was the online theory and plus he was hitting on Ruby in Storybrooke again... looks like it was just to throw us off!

her backstory was pretty damn cool too... makes me want the actress to be a series regular! i know there are tons of characters... but i'm hoping her and Archie are the first ones to remember who they are and stay alive!

i thought it was cool that Snow White came up with Maragret then Mary as a fake name... ha

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-12 07:07:07

FYI Jennifer Morrison will be on Ellen today.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2012-03-12 08:44:57

Keeps getting better, the red story line has been wonderful so far.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by jasonf 2012-03-12 17:40:49

I had it figured it out maybe five minutes before it was revealed. I said to my wife, almost whispering it because I didn't think I was right, that

SPOILER

Red is the wolf. It just made so much sense -- very cool twist to the fairy tale though. "Once" just keeps getting better and better.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-03-12 19:24:41

Last night's episode left me very confused. So is Granny a wolf as well?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-12 22:19:22

It sounded like she was, but it "faded away" I think she said. Will need to re-watch it.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-03-13 19:57:15

I also love how they thought Peter was the wolf/he was in search of her when Granny wasn't around. I know it's a story besides the Disney cartoon, but the Disney one is my favorite telling of it. I was sort of surprised there wasn't a bird named Sascha or that Granny didn't have a cat.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-15 13:15:07

a nice preview scene from this Sunday's episode!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-16 21:25:01

Here's another one:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-16 21:27:53

Also sneak peak 2:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-18 14:00:39

Sneak peak 4. August is becoming more and more intriguing. Any theories as to who he is?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-19 01:39:02

really strong episode tonight... Ginnifer Goodwin is such a strong actor.. she did a fantastic job in this episode... loved having Red now using her wolf to help James... interesting ending to the episode... can't wait for the Mad Hatter next week!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-19 07:03:53

Amazing episode. Agree about Ginnifer Goodwin. Interesting what happened to David in Archie's office. The Mad Hatter episode looks very interesting!!!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by jasonf 2012-03-19 10:31:11

I'm not sure I get what happened to David -- he saw Snow White saying the woman needs to die. She looks completely different though -- long hair vs. MM's short hair. How could he not notice that?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-19 13:01:00

August is becoming more and more intriguing. Any theories as to who he is?

This is just my personal theory and I haven't read it anywhere but I don't think he's a fairy tale character - I think he's a Grimm. Not in the sense of the other show but I think he's related to the Grimm family in some way. He's a writer and he believes in the two worlds.

I also have trouble believing that Kathryn is dead. There's more to this that meets the eye. I wonder if the Regina had her heart in that vault.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-19 13:53:13

oh and I need to mention... how awesome was that seeing Snow White try to kill that bluebird?!? That was just hilarious!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-19 14:37:45

oh and I need to mention... how awesome was that seeing Snow White try to kill that bluebird?!? That was just hilarious!

And that she was humming a Disney song - "With a Smile and a Song" I think

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-03-19 15:28:09

Emma was smart for realizing that confronting Regina would lead to more problems. If she wants to help Mary Margaret she needs to stay as far away from bother her and Sidney Glass.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by bwayrose7 2012-03-19 19:24:30

I finally figured out the connection for David's name: James was "the good shepherd" before he was a prince; David in the Bible was a shepherd who was chosen to be king

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-03-20 06:30:46

Eris, it was "smile and a song", were correct. I'd love to believe that Kathryn is not dead, I just can't figure out where she could be. I suppose she could be hiding out at Granny's or in the gym closet even, but I think there is enough discussion about the case in town that if someone saw her it would all be over.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-20 08:38:10

I'd love to believe that Kathryn is not dead, I just can't figure out where she could be.

It's Storybrooke - we can't explain things in our terms. I just don't think they would show us the Storybrooke counterpart of her true love only to kill her. I think the "town" or "curse" has something to do with it and she'll show up.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-20 11:51:11

If Regina did have something to do with it... I kinda imagine Kathryn wouldn't be killed only because it's her "friend"... so to speak... but whatever... Regina did kill the sheriff and she slept with so i guess anything is possible

Once Upon a Time
Posted by jasonf 2012-03-20 16:57:56

I'm not convinced Kathryn is dead either - any more than I am that MM has something to do with the murder. It seems almost too easy that someone else took MM's box and put the heart in it. How did they GET the box, though, without either MM or Emma seeing it,or apparently any break in into the apartment? Especially given that, supposedly, no one has magic in Storybrooke...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-20 21:48:16

Especially given that, supposedly, no one has magic in Storybrooke...

Look at Graham's death. Regina still has some magic to wield. And Emma & Henry's theory is that she got into the apartment with a skeleton key. Why MM didn't notice the jewelry box was missing I don't know. Unless it wasn't something she left out. Maybe it contained jewelry she only wore on special occasions or family heirlooms that she never wore. I don't know - I'm reaching with that one.

But, they did show how Regina could have entered without breaking in.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-20 23:06:59

yeah... remember Regina also went into Kathryn's house to steal the note that she wrote to David... sneaky little b*tch! haha

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-22 23:28:12

An interview with Robert Carlyle as Once Upon A Time gets ready to make its debut in the UK.

Mr. Carlyle has been really gracious with his time on Twitter; he comes on once a week (it's been Tuesdays) and answers questions from fans -- think for an hour or so.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-23 16:14:06

Three sneak peaks for Sunday's episode can be found here:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-23 16:14:13

Apologies for the double post. Site seems to be having some issues.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2012-03-24 07:20:30

The ending was outstanding, I knew he had true love bottled...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-24 08:12:28

Loved the ending last week. Makes me think that Rumplestiltskin is not quite the baddy he's made out to be...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-03-26 00:10:21

Another interesting story on this week's episode. That was very how the Mad Hatter became mad. It looks like Emma will finally start believing that the characters in the book are real. Next week's episode looks especially good.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-03-26 00:13:53

excellent episode...

sometimes i want to smack Emma and just yell, "believe dammit! BELIEVE!" ha

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-26 01:12:11

sometimes i want to smack Emma and just yell, "believe dammit! BELIEVE!" ha

Oh me too! lol

I did some googling to see what the other theories about who David is are on the web. My theory about him being related to the Grimm family is one along with David being Pinocchio and David being Henry grown up. The Pinocchio theory has some weight since he was made from the same wood as the cabinet. So, it would make sense that he escaped the curse. But I truly dislike the whole "Henry grown up" theory. That just makes the chemistry been him and Emma really creepy.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-03-26 01:32:31

^ Are you talking about August W. Booth, the stranger? David is Prince James.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-26 10:17:31

So....is Jefferson the first character to be able to leave Storybrooke and go back to Fairytale Land (or Wonderland)? And how is it that he, too, has full memory of his past life? I realize he said it was his curse, but why is he different from the other former fairytale characters? Tis a puzzlement....

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-26 12:33:25

^ Are you talking about August W. Booth, the stranger? David is Prince James.

Uh, yes. A word to the wise - never post after talking benedryl

And how is it that he, too, has full memory of his past life? I realize he said it was his curse, but why is he different from the other former fairytale characters? Tis a puzzlement....

My feeling on it is because he was in Wonderland not Fairyland (or whatever you want to call it) when the curse hit but was pulled to Storybrooke because he still had a deep connection in Fairyland - his daughter. If the curse affected all those other worlds that the doors lead to we would be seeing more than just canon characters. So, I suspect that the citizens of Wonderland are not living in Storybrooke.

ETA: Anastasia Griffith (Kathryn/Abigail) is listed as a guest star for next week. Don't know if she'll just appear in "Fairyland" scenes but she is listed.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-26 18:18:17

Next week's episode appears to be focused on Regina's back story. Among other things it will reveal to us why the Queen hates Snow White so much. Maybe Kathryn will show up alive? There is a photo somewhere (think on the Once Upon A Time Fans fb page) of the actress in muddy modern dress.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Taryn 2012-03-27 01:03:46

So....is Jefferson the first character to be able to leave Storybrooke and go back to Fairytale Land (or Wonderland)?

He didn't leave Storybrooke, did he?

A big thought I had for this latest episode was just -- when Emma woke up after being drugged and so efficiently freed herself from her bonds, I just thought how nice it is to have a capable female lead character who is consistently clothed in a realistic, practical manner.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-27 06:44:42

We don't know for sure that he did. It appears that the hat Emma made sent him back, but not his daughter. I'm thinking that the last scene with him and all those hats was him trying to get back to Storybrooke to get his daughter. But I could be wrong.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-27 07:19:56

I thought he disappeared into the hat, which was magical, since Emma had made it.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-27 10:00:57

I thought he disappeared into the hat, which was magical, since Emma had made it.

My thoughts exactly

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-27 11:22:43

In episode 20 (airing on April 29), Eion Bailey is listed in the cast as playing August W. Booth/Peter. Peter? Does he have another life in Fairytale Land, too? I immediately thought back to the Red Ridinghood episode, but that Peter was played by Jesse Hutch. So who is this Peter?

Something new to ponder....

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-03-27 11:38:37

Maybe I'm confused but I thought the last scene with Jefferson making all the hats took place long ago and after Regina stranded him in Wonderland, leaving him to try to make another hat to get back, and that's how he went "mad".

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-27 12:17:23

Peter Pumpkin Eater? Peter Grimm? Lord Peter? Peter Rabbit? Peter Pan? Old Peter?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by AwesomeDanny 2012-03-27 12:19:04

Jordan, that's what I thought, too. Also, maybe it's just me, but I assumed that when Catherine disappeared, she went to the fairy tale world.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Taryn 2012-03-27 12:22:01

Yeah, I assumed the last bit with Jefferson was back on the fairy tale side of things about him getting trapped in Wonderland by the Queen, seeing as it came from the story book.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-27 15:44:15

Jordan, you may be right. Mine was just a theory.

Speaking of theories, I've seen a couple about August; some think he's Pinnocchio grown up, others think he may be Peter Pan. Guess we'll find out on April 29.

FYI, EOnline has some info re the Mad Hatter; read below if you want to know.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-28 07:45:06

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-30 08:49:44

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-30 09:13:47

Lana Parrilla said in an interview that there is so much that is revealed in this Sunday's episode that she was surprised that they didn't break the storyline into two episodes. Looks great!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by madbrian 2012-03-30 09:47:00

I have to say that of all the clever names for the characters in this series, Jefferson is my favorite.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-30 10:41:02

OK< mad, I need to tell you how clueless I am. What's the significance of the name Jefferson? Son of Jeff?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by madbrian 2012-03-30 10:42:46

Jefferson - Jefferson Airplane - Go Ask Alice

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-30 10:48:22

I thought that song was called "White Rabbit"?

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

Once Upon a Time
Posted by madbrian 2012-03-30 10:52:00

You're correct, the title is White Rabbit.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-30 11:00:53

AHA! That still makes sense. Now what does the name August W. Booth mean?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-03-30 11:03:07

By the way, I read some speculation that the name Regina Mills refers to the Miller's daughter, who gave Rumplestilskin her child in return for a favor.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-03-30 15:02:07

I really like the idea of August being Pinocchio, I find that absolutely brilliant!

This episode is definitely going to require a second and third viewing, not sure how I feel about it yet. I try not to read spoilers about this show because it's so mysterious, but based on what I've read here (not links) it should lead to the finale! How bittersweet.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-30 22:34:33

There are three more sneak peaks at the link I posted previously, and here is an interview with Barbara Hershey about her role as Regina's mother:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-03-31 20:07:24

By the way, did anyone notice what Mary Margaret used to hit Jefferson before she kicked him out the window?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-03-31 20:16:04

yes! I loved it.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-03-31 22:10:18

I burst out laughing when she hit him with that! I was a little disappointed it didn't have a flamingo on it lol

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-04-01 01:02:45

In less than 24 hours, we will FINALLY learn why Queen Regina hates her stepdaughter, Snow White!!!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-01 16:07:41

The show just premiered in the UK; if the comments on Twitter are any indication, the show is a hit there. Search #OnceUponATime if you want to see them (Robert Carlyle's portrayal of Rumplestiltskin is also a hit)

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-04-01 20:53:27

No spoilers for those on the West Coast, but I have to say that "young Snow" is a dead-ringer for adult Snow - facial expressions, speech patterns included. Great casting job!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-01 20:55:14

This really was one of the best episodes so far.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-01 21:01:22

WHOA.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-01 21:09:28

Blue, I just posted the same thing on my twitter. They did a great job with that one.

And, I think they gave away a clue to August's identity.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by AwesomeDanny 2012-04-01 21:11:39

What clue?

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-04-01 21:15:33

At the bridge? I caught that but I don't know what it could mean.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-04-01 21:15:37

Snow White has a BIG mouth! No wonder the queen hates her. I would too. At that age, I knew what a secret was & when to keep my mouth shut.

That was by far my favorite episode thus far!!

Oh, and I'm not sure about August being who some may think he is (the clue...he's not a liar...something about a splint shin...)

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-01 21:16:01

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

It might not be anything and I'm just looking for clues that aren't there. When August stumbles and his leg goes a bit "wooden".

Once Upon a Time
Posted by pli1018 2012-04-01 21:16:42

WOW. I genuinely did not see that ending coming. This show continues to get more and more intriguing. I just wish the CG and dialogue would follow suit...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-01 21:32:38

degrassifan, you don't think Cora manipulated that secret out of the child by playing the worried mother? That was certainly my thought. I certainly understood why Snow did what she did.

Eris, you may be right but something in the promo makes me think August is someone else...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-01 21:35:14

Snow White has a BIG mouth! No wonder the queen hates her. I would too. At that age, I knew what a secret was & when to keep my mouth shut.

It's a lot less black and white than that. Cora absolutely played on Snow's feelings of loss over her mother. At that age you might have been able to be manipulated by an adult who really knew what they were doing.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-01 21:36:58

Eris, you may be right but something in the promo makes me think August is someone else...

Yes, that's exactly what's making me question my thoughts. Oh these red herrings! lol

Once Upon a Time
Posted by madbrian 2012-04-01 21:37:33

At the toll bridge, August refers to the pain in his leg as shin splints. That plays into the Pinocchio theory.

And that little girl is SUCH a Mary Margaret clone.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by jasonf 2012-04-01 21:43:48

I couldn't believe how like MM that little girl was! Is she related to Ginnifer Goodwin somehow?

Great episode. Definitely excited to find out where Katherine was!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-04-01 21:44:04

I'm sorry but apparently Little Snow was supposed to be about 10-12. At that age, you should know when to keep your mouth shut. Even Henry knows how to keep secrets.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-01 21:47:37

And don't forget this exchange -

"I am not a liar"
"That's exactly what a liar would say"

So.....

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-01 21:50:14

Yes, but Henry knows who his mother really is. Snow was an innocent child who had lost her mother and when Cora played the "worried I'm going to lose my child" bit, Snow fell for it.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-01 22:06:34

I'm sorry but apparently Little Snow was supposed to be about 10-12. At that age, you should know when to keep your mouth shut. Even Henry knows how to keep secrets.

It doesn't matter. Cora is obviously a master manipulator. She could have gotten anyone to break.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-04-01 22:39:43

And honestly, even though Snow was manipulated, she still told! So to Regina, it was really her fault.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-04-01 23:51:49

This was a great episode. What Cora did was very deciteful by saying that she would do anything to make her daughter happy, but Snow White made a promise not tell and she broke it. If she really did care about Daniel and Regina's love, she would not have told Cora about them. However, Regina should know that this is not what Daniel would want. He would never want her to completely destroy someone eles's life for revenge. Also, thank God that Emma FINALLY learned that Sidney was behind all of Regina's plans.

It's interesting that Katherine is still alive. But I am wondering if that really was her heart in Mary Margaret's jewel box. Did Katherine really die or did Mr. Gold/Rumplestilskin bring her back to life when he said, "I just need to perform a little magic"?

ETA: Major grammar errors and a few missing words, but I fixed them.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by degrassifan 2012-04-02 00:45:21

"but Snow White made a promise not tell and she broke it. If she really did care about Daniel and Regina's love, she would not have told Cora about them."

Thank you! In the end, she still told no matter what. 12 year olds are not as dumb as people think. She should know what a secret means. Maybe I was just mature for my age, but I've kept people's secrets from when I was that age till now.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-02 00:49:55

Uh yeah but let's not forget a couple things here -

1) This is a Faerie Tale
2) 12 year olds 300 years ago maybe weren't as worldly as your precious young ones are today.
3) This is a fvcking Faerie Tale.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by DayDreamer 2012-04-02 03:35:12

I figured from the beginning that Katherine was still alive. Remember that Regina keeps the hearts of people she "owns" in little wooden boxes.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by DayDreamer 2012-04-02 03:36:38

I found what young Snow did to be very heartfelt. I know plenty of adults that couldn't keep a secret under less stressful situations.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-04-02 06:53:09

I don't know if Katherine coming back was Gold's "bit of magic" because he is currently working for Regina to get himself off for the battery charge. I would only believe it was Gold who brought her back if we knew his charge was dismissed.

I watched the episode on hulu this morning and didn't pay attention to how long it was and definitely let out a small yell when it ended. Fantastic episode!

ETA: was Daniel the gym teacher, or was that Frederick? He looked similar and I don't have time to rewatch and check.

AND when MM was being interviewed by the DA or whatever, that also showed how easily she an break down and tell people what they want to hear in her adult life as well.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Bluemoon 2012-04-02 07:18:54

Frederick was the gym teacher. I always thought that Katherine would turn up alive at some point becasue that's the only way MM could avoid a conviction. Previews from next week's episode showed an outraged Regina, yelling at Gold, "You broke our agreement!"

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-04-02 11:20:32

seriously... i will reiterate what you all said.. it's like they took a chunk out of Ginnifer Goodwin to cast her younger version!

love the scene at the end with MM and Regina... damn I love Ginnifer Goodwin more and more every week! she was just fantastic at it... and Regina just really showed her intense hatred for her... what a b*tch!

and thank jeebus that Emma is finally catching on... and discovering that the guy was still working for Regina... i mean I love the character of Emma (and jennifer morrison) but her character started out badass then she just kinda got dumb!

and I really want to know what does happen when people try to leave the town... it appears that REgina and Gold know...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-02 12:46:50

I found what young Snow did to be very heartfelt. I know plenty of adults that couldn't keep a secret under less stressful situations.

I really felt for her myself. It was obvious how much she was hurt by the less of her own mother. Wanting to help Regina showed love and compassion. She wanted to keep her from having the sense of loss she had felt. She's an innocent child - not a jaded preteen with access to video games, MTV, etc.

I always thought that Katherine would turn up alive at some point becasue that's the only way MM could avoid a conviction.

That's that and we were shown two "almost" meetings between Katherine/Abigal and Frederick/?? (I'm counting him finding the car). I really never felt the writers would go to the trouble of introducing us to Frederick's Storybrooke version if they had planned on killing her off.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-02 13:49:11

"AND when MM was being interviewed by the DA or whatever, that also showed how easily she an break down and tell people want to hear in her adult life as well."

Good point.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Taryn 2012-04-03 18:34:25

These pictures make me wonder if August isn't Rumplestiltskin's son.

http://tvline.com/2012/04/03/once-upon-a-time-season-1-episode-19-hotos/#318463-0-ROBERT-CARLYLE

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-03 20:09:56

It's a theory that has gained ground since the trailer for that episode aired on Sunday. Some others think August is Pinnochio.

Sadly the answers won't come till April 22nd!!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-03 23:28:46

I saw someone post on facebook that "August" was the name of the Grimm's editor.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-04-03 23:53:46

awesome... Emilie de Ravin returns as Belle as well as Kristin Bauer as Malificent this season!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-04 14:29:57

Don't think I'd like to be in Regina's shoes when Mr. Gold finds out Bell is alive...

Once Upon a Time
Posted by SonofRobbieJ 2012-04-04 14:38:25

I was thinking the same thing about Emma being dumb after coming on so strong...but I think all of her circumstances (trying to forge a relationship with her son, figuring out this weird town, taking on the role of sheriff) is just a lot to juggle. So I talked myself out of 'dumb' and into 'overwhelmed'.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by ~FloweryFriend~ 2012-04-08 10:21:02

I'm just waiting for Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan) to come back. I don't care that they've tried to give us some sort of alternative love interest for Emma in August W. Booth. Sheriff Graham was the hot one.

(Maybe I'm just a sucker for accents... I'm dating an English guy, and I have a crush on Tristan MacManus, the Irish guy on Dancing with the Stars. Oh, and that cop in Bridesmaids...)

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-08 15:14:42

Can't remember if this was posted or not but Jamie Dornan will be back in the series finale.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-09 12:43:18

I watched the trailor for the next episode again last night and now I'm thinking that August isn't Rumple's son. The set-up SEEMS to be making us think August plans on stabbing Gold/Rumple with the knife. But, that would transfer the powers from Rumple to August. If August is really Rumple's son he would know that really wouldn't be the best way to save his father? August would become evil himself.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-09 20:36:57

But maybe August isn't trying to kill him, maybe it's a way for him to prove to Gold who he is.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-12 07:07:30

Someone caught the trailer for the upcoming episodes on their computer:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-13 20:01:42

Here's a better quality copy of the promo:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by rosscoe(au) 2012-04-14 07:57:08

You took away our happiness....

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-14 09:33:29

Yes, I caught the "our" as well. Others thought she said "their."

Still no official word from ABC for a second season, but all indications are that there will be one. Cast is expecting to return to Vancouver in mid-July.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-20 16:42:56

Here is an interview with OUAT writer Jane Espenson (she wrote the upcoming "The Return" episode) about that episode and the finale:

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-22 21:08:13

Haha! Yes!

That is all (until it airs in all time zones that is)

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-22 21:11:27

That was awesome. :)

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-22 23:32:55

Completely, totally awesome... Robert Carlyle was amazing as usual. Can't wait for next Sunday!!!!

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-04-22 23:43:13

***SPOILER***

And looking at next weeks previews it looks like I was right - he's Pinocchio.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-04-22 23:59:39

Tonight was such a great episode. I actually believed for a moment that August was Baelfire. So, Rumplestilskin created the curse to come to this world to find his son. And he was using Regina to activate it.

"Completely, totally awesome... Robert Carlyle was amazing as usual"

He was.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-04-23 00:15:45

i love the card that the kids gave to Mary Margaret!

once again... Ginnifer Goodwin needs to be in every episode... just have her pop in and walk in the background if she must! haha

Once Upon a Time
Posted by kec 2012-04-23 07:03:38

The speculation now is that Baelfire may be Henry's father.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by eatlasagna 2012-04-23 13:22:08

but i thought Emma always knew her Henry's father was

Once Upon a Time
Posted by Eris0303 2012-04-23 14:15:10

But that was prior to her knowledge that Storybrooke existed. It's not inconceivable that Baelfire could be Henry's father. Since he came through before the curse he was able to travel freely. So, they could have met even though he's at least 14 years older. Perhaps he even sought her out if he was able to, somehow, have knowledge of what had happened.

Yes, it's a leap but with these writers you need to expect the unexpected.

Once Upon a Time
Posted by SonofRobbieJ 2012-04-23 14:29:02

I thought the donkey figurine was a dead giveaway that he was, as Jordan said, Pinocchio.

I love this show.