Profile for TalkinLoud

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld TalkinLoud
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: TalkinLoud
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 25
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Is A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC coming back?  Aug 6 2016, 12:02:10 PM

Love the suggestion of this at the Delacorte. Would be lovely.

• MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 21 2016, 09:55:45 PM

OlBlueEyes said: "What if I close my eyes and imagine seeing Benanti on stage as the curtain rises, playing a backward and meek flower girl? This Benanti is a strong woman. In She Loves You, Benanti breaks out to the stage for the first time determined to get that sales job, and get it she does, due to her ability to put her life on the line  and make one difficult sale.

Not that Benanti couldn't do it, just that I'd like to see it

• Burn This on Broadway Spring '17  Jul 15 2016, 01:18:55 PM

Yes. With Jake Gyllenhaal. 

• Tony Award for Best  Jun 13 2016, 11:17:30 AM

It's certainly a nice idea in theory, but how often (if ever) would the two awards ever differ? Maybe Perhaps in 2011 when a play like War Horse won, where it's clearly more about production than the writing. But it would be so rare that I don't think it makes much. It makes more sense just to award the Best Play Tony to the playwright and producer.

• Is the app TodayTix reliable?  Jun 5 2016, 01:01:36 PM

veronicamae said: "All TodayTix does is use existing discount codes (or partner with shows for exclusives), and then buy tickets from the box office to hand to you. That's why there's a $10 per ticket fee - you're paying for their time to buy the tickets, and to hand them to you outside.

Also, if I'm wrong about ^^^^ do correct me, but that's what was explained to me by people talking with TT to partner with them.
    "

Yes, this is incorrec

• For sale: 1 discounted ticket to THE SIGNATURE PLAYS this Saturday  May 27 2016, 08:31:29 PM

PM sent

• HADESTOWN Rush (NYTW Rush)  May 22 2016, 10:04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure they offer rush for everything, but they just sell whatever is left. So when a show is sold out (which this one has bee regularly), they don't sell.

• If you'd like to drive yourself crazy try winning  May 5 2016, 03:19:17 PM

I got Streetcar tickets last week Friday. I also got Nice Fish back when that was at St. Ann's.

• Shrek removes slur  Apr 15 2016, 10:54:19 PM

No one is suggesting all DVD copies and cast recordings are altered. But to say future productions shouldn't use that word is completely logical. 

Company has been revised to remove a gay slur. If Company is not untouchable, pretty sure Shrek isn't. 

• Shrek removes slur  Apr 15 2016, 02:31:20 PM

Yes it was. And if Shrek were written today, I doubt that word would have been used. 

• Marissa Jaret Winokur back on Broadway?  Apr 10 2016, 04:08:12 PM

Charlotte in Falsettos seems like as good a guess as any to me.

• Falsettos to Return to Bway Fall 2016  Apr 1 2016, 01:44:14 PM

This is a Lincoln Center Theater production, being put on at an outside venue (like The Nance or Other Desert Cities); they're not "just" producers like View from the Bridge or Clybourne Park. LincTix will definitely be available.

• Falsettos to Return to Bway Fall 2016  Mar 27 2016, 10:15:34 AM

RippedMan said: "With Jake involved wouldn't they easily make this a commercial run instead of with Lincoln Center? 

Who is "they"? This is a Lincoln Center Theater production.

• The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates  Nov 26 2015, 07:18:56 AM

Roundabout isn't involved in the transfer at all. 

• NY Philharmonic 2015 show?  Nov 3 2015, 11:30:00 PM

The Secret Garden is not a NY Philharmonic production. It is produced independently, like last year's Parade concert.

• Scott Rudin Will Transfer The Humans  Oct 28 2015, 01:03:57 PM

broadwayrocks2, what Tom Stoppard/LCT play are you referring to? Did I miss something?

• 20,000 NYC High Schoolers will see HAMILTON  Oct 27 2015, 01:31:27 PM

CapnHook, you did not did not uncover a nefarious producer's scheme. The NY Times article clearly states they are selling the tickets to the foundation for $70 each. It also goes on to say that these prices will cover their cost, but they are not making a profit.

EDIT: You have concluded reading the piece. laugh

• WAS BBAJ a really bad musical?  Oct 4 2015, 08:03:20 PM

One of my favorite new musicals of the last decade. That said, it was doomed to fail on Broadway.

• GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE Sets Closing Date!  Sep 8 2015, 10:42:56 PM

You can not claim a show is overhyped if you haven't seen it. That's like judging a show, two layers removed. It's nonsensical.

And is Gentleman's Guide even that hyped. I don't know anyone who loves it. I know lots of people who like it.

• GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE Sets Closing Date!  Sep 8 2015, 09:51:41 PM

I'd imagine the Kerr will get a limited engagement play in the spring, then Falsettos in the fall?

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and CURIOUS INCIDENT's Tyler Lea!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
TV: Bway Kids Show Off at BROADWAY SESSIONS!