BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for TalkinLoud
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: TalkinLoud
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 25
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Hamilton Rush or Lottery  Jul 3 2015, 04:26:39 PM

Their website says they'll have a lottery, but it doesn't have details yet.

• Jesse Eisenberg on FLOYD COLLINS (and other musicals)  Jun 13 2015, 09:45:52 PM

That is a very interesting interview. I wonder how well he can actually sing; I'd have been very interested to see him do Parade. It seems like we may see him in a musical one day.

• THE KING & I Reviews  May 29 2015, 09:13:24 AM

The merchandise booth had the new cast recording last night!

• SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  May 24 2015, 12:52:24 PM

I loved Bad Jews, so I'm really looking forward to this.

• Tesori Cast Albums?  May 22 2015, 11:47:07 PM

I got my copy of the original cast recording of Violet from The Broadway Store last summer. They have it for $7.95

• Will Lincoln Center Theater return to doing shows downtown ?  May 20 2015, 05:03:11 PM

Seeing as though the Beaumont will be occupied for the foreseeable future, it seems quite likely that they will do shows next season downtown (relative to their home space).

• Shows For Days  May 17 2015, 08:45:36 PM

No singing. It's a straight play. LuPone plays "a headstrong community theatre diva." How can that not be worth seeing?

• re: EXIT THE KING Reviews  May 15 2015, 09:15:10 AM

I saw this production twice and adored it. It made the material so accessible without dumbing it down at all. Very funny. Geoffrey Rush was utterly brilliant.

• Kiss of the Spider Woman  Apr 12 2015, 10:08:23 AM

I wonder what will become of that reading with Audra McDonald, Alan Cumming,and Steven Pasquale...

• Broadway question about the film Birdman.  Mar 25 2015, 09:02:29 AM
    You know how some people will talk about a Batman or sci-fi movie and be like "This isn't scientifically accurate because...."
  • FISH IN THE DARK: Lottery? Rush? Standing Room?  Mar 23 2015, 07:26:15 PM
    Has anyone gotten standing room? How early did you get there?
  • Any rush stories?  Mar 22 2015, 04:14:25 PM
    The references to Cambodia are super, super relevant. How could one think otherwise?
  • DISENCHANTED at The Westside  Mar 21 2015, 11:20:03 AM
    Disney is definitely not involved. They don't own copyrights on these characters. And they can sing pieces of songs, as Buddy Plummer says, since it's parody.
  • SKYLIGHT Previews  Mar 20 2015, 11:25:26 PM
    Surprised you liked it so much Whizzer. It starts out quite promising, but ultimately I didn't find it engaging, emotionally or intellectually. The social issues discussion felt so heavy handed, and not ultimately connected to the story in a very meaningful way. I meant it IS connected, but it felt so superficial. I like Nighy and Mulligan as actors very much but didn't find either of them great. In fact, I think Matthew Beard gives the best performance, albeit in a much smaller role.
  • NYTimes: Sex & Violence, Beyond the Script  Mar 15 2015, 10:02:57 PM
    Thank you somethingwicked.
  • The Acting Company Presents The Rose Tattoo with Patti LuPone and Bobby Cannavale?  Mar 9 2015, 07:51:59 AM
    Interesting. Acting Company Present at the Friedman, though? That's odd. Could it be a benefit reading?
  • THE HEIDI CHRONICLES Previews  Mar 2 2015, 09:10:42 AM
    I can't believe people are calling this dated. It felt fresh and relevant; it could have been written yesterday. Acting was excellent. Pinkham will probably win a Tony.
  • Parade Concert at Lincoln Center  Feb 17 2015, 09:10:19 AM
    It was Alfred Uhry.
  • CONFIRMED: Second Stage buys Helen Hayes Theatre; venue to be renamed  Jan 12 2015, 09:11:20 AM
    I'd rather see 3 new American plays housed at the Papa John's Theatre every year than Rock of Ages run for 5 years at the Helen Hayes.

Disclaimer: I actually do really like Rock of Ages. But you understand my point.

• Side Show in German.... Oh, my!  Jan 12 2015, 09:07:01 AM
    The reason blackface carries such a negative connotation in America is because of minstrel shows, which is almost exclusively an American form of entertainment. So no, blackface in Europe is not considered as "wrong" as it is in the US.

As Mr. Nowak says, it doesn't make it right, but that's why it still happens from time to time there. I remember someone posted a clip from a few years back of a production of Ragtime where someone was in blackface.

BROADWAYWORLD TV