Advertisement

Profile for LuminousBeing

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld LuminousBeing
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: LuminousBeing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 20
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Len Cariou's  Jan 31 2016, 01:56:11 AM

Thanks for posting! I'm visiting NY in a few weeks and was considering this show. Glad to read your positive review!

• One Nice Fish Ticket  Jan 17 2016, 09:37:33 AM

I'll take it if you haven't given it away yet! Thought I had to work a job today but it was canceled so I'm free now. I live 30m away from the theater and can definitely make it!

• New theater talk episode discussing al Pacino and Bruce Willis not remember lines  Jan 11 2016, 10:52:49 PM

I saw Mr. Pacino in "The Merchant of Venice" at the Broadhurst, and he was excellent as Shylock. Granted, he's also in a film version of that play so he was quite familiar with the text, but he certainly wasn't using an earpiece for that show. He may just be falling victim to the ravages of time.

• Curious Incident Ticket Giveaway Questions  Jan 9 2016, 03:23:44 PM

It's been about a week, and I've sent two.

• Curious Incident Ticket Giveaway Questions  Jan 9 2016, 09:21:55 AM

I just got a "Congratulations" message from their Facebook page, asking me to send my full name, email, and mailing address so they could send me tickets. This is the official CI page, not a fan one. I messaged back with my info, and haven't heard back since.

• Curious Incident Ticket Giveaway Questions  Jan 8 2016, 11:02:29 PM

Hi! A couple questions: has anyone else won tickets to "Curious...Night-Time" through a Facebook giveaway? They recently messaged informing me that I won tickets after posting a train photo on one of their giveaway posts. I responded with my name, email, and mailing address as instructed and have yet to hear back from them as to whether they've sent my tickets, and was wondering if anyone here has had any helpful experiences to relate as to how long

• Allegiance Rush?  Dec 28 2015, 06:43:36 PM

I tried rush a few weeks ago on a Saturday. Got to the box office at about 10:15 to find rush was all sold out. Bought a seat through Todaytix in the rear balcony after losing the digital lottery. Moved at intermission to front left mezz (front row, full and gorgeous view). The *entire section* was empty--I easily spotted over 100 empty seats in the front mezz alone, plus about 30 partial side orchestra seats. There was no way rush was strictly based on availabil

• Last Minute Trip to NYC - need recs  Dec 23 2015, 09:07:29 PM

- "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" if you haven't yet

- "Invisible Thread" at Second Stage if it's still running is a must-see!

- I really loved the new production of "Fiddler

-"The King and I"

• Fiddler on the Roof Rush  Dec 19 2015, 11:11:42 AM

When I rushed, I got partial view extreme side front orch. There were only about 10 available for that Sunday matinee, and I arrived at 10:30.

• School of Rock front row lottery?  Dec 15 2015, 09:19:46 PM

Agreed that rush based on availability under these circumstances is much better than lotto based on availability.

On Sunday 12/13/15, they did not offer rush or lotto, but they did offer a small number of SRO tickets.

• School of Rock front row lottery?  Dec 15 2015, 09:10:14 PM

JBroadway said: "KathyNYC2 said: "^^I am sure I never said anything about boycotting"

LuminousBeing was talking about djoko84's post saying "At some point people are going to get really pissed and boycott the show." 

Exactly, thank you muchly. :)

"

• School of Rock front row lottery?  Dec 15 2015, 07:29:43 PM

I do agree with you that it's very disappointing to think you have an opportunity to purchase an affordable ticket and subsequently discover that the producers have changed their minds (or you show up too late, or you lose a lotto...). I just meant that boycotting the show by not purchasing cheap tickets (especially if the producers make them unavailable anyway) will have no effect on whether the producers offer something for those of us who need them to see a show. Rather

• School of Rock front row lottery?  Dec 14 2015, 06:35:50 PM

Personally, I prefer waiting in line to a lotto. I like knowing that if I get in line early enough, I'll get an affordable seat. I'm glad for SRO in general: it's how I saw "Fun Home" among others.

• School of Rock front row lottery?  Dec 14 2015, 06:13:24 PM

No disrespect intended as a fellow frequent rusher/lotto entrant, but I don't think the producers are concerned about losing the goodwill of customers who will only pay $35 for a ticket  when they retain that of buyers who will pay full-price. 

• The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?  Dec 12 2015, 11:46:19 PM

haterobics said: "LuminousBeing said: "The first people arrived at 5:45."

Yikes, how long until the second people showed?! These are just PV, not front row or anything, no?

My friend and I were the second people. We showed up around 6:15. The "bubble" appeared to have been between 7:30 and 8:00, though of course we didn't poll everyone or stick around afte

• The Color Purple: A Star is Born!  Dec 12 2015, 11:42:39 PM

A friend and I rushed "The Color Purple" this evening. Cynthia Erivo had lost her voice after the first act of the matinee, and her understudy, Bre Jackson, had gone on for Act II (unbeknownst to us-we saw the dreaded slips in our Playbills as we were seated.) We did notice many folks getting refunds. After the performance Bre delivered this evening, I would urge those of you who have tickets to this show not to make that mistake if Bre goes on for Celie at your performance.

• The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?  Dec 12 2015, 07:30:51 AM

If anyone is up and thinking about rushing this morning, there are only 8 people here right now (7:30). The first people arrived at 5:45. Will report back later.

8:30 update: There are about 30 people here. Line was pretty short until about 8:00, then it became crowded quickly.

If anyone's rushung right now, I'm 3rd in line in the leather jacket. Come say hi!

• Gypsy London Filming  Dec 11 2015, 12:01:36 PM

BBC America counts, functionally speaking! I can't wait to see it!

• THE COLOR PURPLE Reviews  Dec 10 2015, 11:40:29 PM

I'm planning to rush this on Saturday. I hope 6 a.m. is early enough!

• DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online  Dec 10 2015, 10:28:10 PM

I never would have seen this show, and I'm so grateful to have had this opportunity! I'm definitely getting the cast album. I have a feeling this will be the best carry-me-away-while-sitting-in-traffic CD in my collection. What an endearing piece, and Meghan McGinnis is a star! 

BROADWAYWORLD TV