Profile for LuminousBeing

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld LuminousBeing
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: LuminousBeing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 20
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Giant musical at the Public  Nov 17 2016, 11:45:03 AM

I loved it so much I saw it twice in two days during a weekend trip. the cast recording is glorious as well!

• Hamilton OBC signed poster for sale  Oct 31 2016, 11:39:25 AM

It was a horse.

• Anyone purchased tickets from Goldstar?  Oct 23 2016, 10:39:41 AM

I've also purchased many times from Goldstar. Not only are they legit, their customer service is fantastic!

• Comedically Misheard Lyrics  Oct 17 2016, 08:53:57 AM

"Yes you go

Downtown, where the cabs don't stop

Downtown, where the food is slop

Downtown, where the Hobbits flop in the snow

Down on Skid Row"

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 22 2016, 11:18:48 PM

I'm floating. What a great night at the  (movie) theater! I smell Tonys....

• Marin Mazzie - chemotherapy again  Sep 4 2016, 12:18:50 AM

Her husband, Jason Danieley, has said that fans can leave pictures of sunflowers or pictures of themselves wearing teal (the Ovarian Cancer Awareness color) on Marin's Facebook page to show support and bring cheer. Truly, miss Mazzie is a goddess. I was lucky enough to meet her at the SD of "n2n." She signed my "Passion" DVD insert and could not have been more classy or lovely.

• Color Purple Rush?  Aug 31 2016, 04:05:34 PM

Rushed 2 weeks ago (a Saturday). Arrived at 6:30. 8th in line. Was able to choose the box seat: left front box (house left) gives the best view, IMHO. $35, cash or credit. By the time the B.O. opened, there were about 50 people in line. The gentleman in the box office was awesome.

• WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!  Aug 29 2016, 08:50:28 AM

"Duck Soup" "A Night in Casablacca,"  and "A Day at the Races" are wonderful Marx Brothers films, too! "A Night at the Opera" is probably my favorite, but every film has at least a few priceless moments. 

• Broadway props/merch  Aug 28 2016, 10:05:38 PM

Which shows are you seeking?

• The Humans - Rush/Limited View  Aug 26 2016, 04:55:22 PM

It would be fascinating to see that happen. I've had dozens of experiences in which changing seat location vastly altered my perception/experience of a show. With "The Humans," I could have chosen a full-view seat in the rear mezz, but opted for front orch partials because I prefer to be up close, even if I sacrifice seeing some action. I think $30 was a fair price for my seat. If I'd paid $67 (or whatever FV is), I'd have been disappointed with the value.

• Crowd-sourced version of  Aug 22 2016, 05:40:51 PM

Submitted 2 responses with weekend experiences. Thank you for doing this!

• Les Mis Rush  Aug 22 2016, 05:25:50 PM

Rushed across the street on Saturday, 8/20. At 6:45 there were 5-6 people there, and about 30 by 9 am. No idea how many they sell or where they are, though.

• The Humans - Rush/Limited View  Aug 22 2016, 08:56:19 AM

I rushed on Friday. Bus from Boston arrived at 5:30 and I asked for rush at 5:45. Lady in front of me asked if there were any $45 tickets left, and was sold rear side mezz. I asked if there were any rush left, and the lady said front row rush was all gone, but there were partials in the front orch she could sell at the rush price of $30. They were 6 rows back all the way house right. Approximately 1/4 of the stage was obstructed and I couldn't see anything that happened stage far left. Th

• The Layover  Aug 21 2016, 06:18:08 PM

I just saw it today and found it trite and meaningless...at best. But the two leads are giving strong performances. But that's my opinion: I have no wish to yuck someone else's yum.

• Box Office Staff Appreciation Thread  Aug 21 2016, 09:59:52 AM

I'm not sure if there's a thread about this, but since theres an awesome Usher Appreciation thread, I thought it would be nice to have a thread highlighting great box office staff. I've never been in a position to pay full price for a show, so I rely on rush/discounts/dumb luck to get my theater fixes, and the box office staff one gets can have s huge impact on one's experience of a show. B.O. staff interaction, if notable, gets tied up in my recollections about

• Fun Home Rush Experience  Aug 20 2016, 06:01:09 PM

Posting to help my fellow BWW posters looking for a good affordable option for this show. I intended to post this in the FH lotto thread, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I realized at 10:03 this morning that I had forgotten to enter the digital lotto, which closes at 10. My friend and I walked over to Circle in the Square to see if there were SRO available. Arrived at about 10:18. Spoke to the very polite and energetic box office staff, reporting that we had neglected to enter the

• Crowd-sourced version of  Aug 14 2016, 08:31:37 PM

I'll be rushing some shows this weekend and will definitely contribute! Thank you!

• Checking Lottery while also seeing Matinee  Aug 14 2016, 11:50:08 AM

Do you fit one of these criteria:

• Full-time students (high school+)
    • Full-time teachers
    • Recent graduates (26 or younger)
    • Full-time union members
    • Retirees (not working and 62 or older)
    • Full-time civil service employees
    • Full-time staff of nonprofit
    • Pippin Song Suggestions  Aug 9 2016, 09:24:30 AM

Henrik, I 100% agree with your post! It's also important to show a profound sadness in singing without coming off as whiny or clingy, for "I Guess I'll Miss the Man." It took Rachel Bay Jones (dir. Paulus) to elevate that song from sappy sit-through to stunning. Your suggestion of "Heaven Help My Heart" could potentially go there, as well, depending on how OP interprets the song. I hope OP sees all these suggestions and finds them helpful, but if not, I'm enjoy

• Pippin Song Suggestions  Aug 9 2016, 07:09:56 AM

trpguyy said: "Great songs, though if your audition involves a pianist, do not sing anything from Light in the Piazza. It will not go well for either of you. 

"

True, though the piano in this song is much easier to play than anything else in the score. How about instead of the Piazza song, maybe "So Anyway" from next to normal or "The Gentleman is a Dope" from Allegro?

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - STAGE TUBE: HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Drops an All-New Promo
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
Randy Rainbow Checks in w/ Liza to Chat HAIRSPRAY, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
Open Mic'ers Bring It All to Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement