Profile for LuminousBeing

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld LuminousBeing
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: LuminousBeing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 20
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Bandstand or Miss Saigon  Jun 17 2017, 12:58:47 AM

Depends on what you like. They're very different shows that provide very different experiences,

"Bandstand" has a (fairly homogenous) big band score, a "Lifetime Movie"-esque plot, great dancing, and Tony-winning swing choreography. Decent performances by the two leads.

"Miss Saigon" is a classic with a gorgeous traditional Broadway score, a harrowing and controversial storyline, and no big "dance" numbers ("Morning of t

• Seeking Pride Playbills  Jun 3 2017, 09:00:59 AM

Hi folks,

If anyone has any Pride Playbills that they don't want, could you kindly send them (or just the covers) my way? I'd like to use them in an art piece for display in my office for Pride month. (I'm a therapist, and the art will be seen by many of our families.) Happy to pay for stamps. :)

Thanks!

• A Broadway Musical That Got A Foreign Culture Right?  May 28 2017, 07:04:07 PM

"Invisible Thread," the criminally overlooked and underrated show that took place primarily in Uganda.

• Is Oslo worth it?  May 24 2017, 09:39:36 AM

I found the play to be dull, plodding, pretentious, and repetitive. Three hours of Israeli/Palestinian talking points screamed across the metaphorical aisle and into the audience with no dramatic tension or even genuine debate: 

--"You killed my people!"
    --"Well, you killed MY people!" "
    --"We want Jerusalem or we will keep killing!" "
    --"Ooh, great motivation, there! How about stop massacring our children and we

• Bandstand Rush Reports  May 17 2017, 12:14:23 AM

Having sat in boxes on both the left and right for "The Color Purple," I'd say that if you get the front box on either side, you'll have a fine view, but if you wind up in any of the boxes further back (especially with an inside seat), your view will be quite obstructed. I'd say it's definitely worth the extra $10 ($49 per ticket) for a full-view front mezzanine seat. I haven't sat in the side orchestra at the Jacobs, so I can't comment on whether it's wo

• Bandstand Rush Reports  May 14 2017, 12:25:02 PM

The dancing was definitely the highlight for me, and I agree, the leads (especially Corey) did a great job with what they were given.

• Jennifer Ehle Stagedoor?  May 14 2017, 01:17:10 AM

She came out after only 15 minutes, in case anyone was wondering. :)

• Bandstand Rush Reports  May 14 2017, 01:13:35 AM

Rushed this today at 5:30 (Saturday) after striking out at "Waitress" SRO and rush for "Glass Menagerie" and "Miss Saigon." Was told that general rush had been sold out, but I could get secondary rush on the side mezz for $49 or side orchestra for $59. I chose the former. Excellent full view from the second row of the front mezz, about 6 seats in. I wasn't impressed by the show, but the seats were terrific for the price and for how late in the day I got them!

• Jennifer Ehle Stagedoor?  May 12 2017, 05:01:16 PM

Thank you!

• Jennifer Ehle Stagedoor?  May 12 2017, 02:03:05 PM

Anyone know if she signs? I'm seeing "Oslo" tonight, and I'd burst with joy if she signed my "Pride and Prejudice" BBC Miniseries DVD insert.

• Doll House 2 Matinee cancelled  May 11 2017, 03:36:06 PM

"Miss Saigon" is a very easy rush (got 2nd row at noon for a 2:00 Saturday matinee), and I was left breathless. "Glass Menagerie" is also an easy rush, and I think it's worth seeing if you haven't seen the play before. Great itinerary! Have fun!

Also, I'd definitely recommend "A Bronx Tale." It's not highbrow, but it's a blast.

• Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler  May 8 2017, 12:42:28 AM

Any more updates/experiences re: SRO arrival times or other affordable ways to get tickets (such as the $59 partials described above)? I'm thinking of trying this Saturday. Thank you!

• Rush Arrival Times  May 8 2017, 12:36:44 AM

I rushed "Miss Saigon" yesterday (5/6) at 11:45 am and got a second-row partial view seat for the matinee. 

• Doll's House Part 2 rush  May 6 2017, 07:09:28 PM

TDF gave me M3. The sweet lady in the box office said that they usually let the front side partials go for rush after front row sells out, but that there's no guarantee it'll stay that way. Hope that helps! :)

• Between Shows Ideas?  May 6 2017, 07:07:26 PM

Thanks, everyone! I had a lovely afternoon!

• Between Shows Ideas?  May 6 2017, 01:44:38 PM

Great ideas! I've never been inside the NY Public Library.

• Doll's House Part 2 rush  May 6 2017, 01:28:27 PM

Happy to ask when I pick up the tickets tonight! :)

• Between Shows Ideas?  May 6 2017, 12:57:44 PM

MOMA would be totally perfect, except my show gets out at 4:45 and MOMA closes at 5:30. Many thanks for the suggestion!

• Between Shows Ideas?  May 6 2017, 12:47:04 PM

My dinner plans fell through, and now I'll have about three hours between "Miss Saigon" and my 8 pm show to kill. Any ideas for cheap yet decent things to do solo? I'd rather not get on the subway, as I have the world's worst sense of direction. Thank you!

• Doll's House Part 2 rush  May 6 2017, 12:28:01 PM

Small update: I arrived a little before noon today (bus from Boston) to pick up my TDF tickets. (Panicked and decided to go with TDF just in case, after the Tony noms.) They said there were no front row rush left for either performance. I didn't ask where the other rush are located, but it seems like they'll sell rush after the front row is sold out. 

My TDF tickets aren't ready yet. I'll update again when I have info about the location for those.