Profile for LuminousBeing

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld LuminousBeing
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: LuminousBeing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 20
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • A Doll's House Part 2 Rush  Apr 21 2017, 10:08:56 PM

I'm rushing this May 7th (Saturday). My bus gets in at noon. It sounds like getting a eush seat for this matinee will work out! Thank you for the updates!

• Musical Theatre songs/shows about immigration?  Apr 15 2017, 01:49:25 PM

"Journey On" from "Ragtime"

• Shows with Late Curtain?  Apr 14 2017, 08:19:34 AM

Thanks!

• Shows with Late Curtain?  Apr 13 2017, 10:05:50 PM

Hi all,

I'm visiting a friend in NYC for the weekend in a few weeks, and I'd like to treat him to a show. The complication is that he observes Shabbat (Jewish sabbath) and cannot make it to the theater district any time before 9:30, given that Shabbat ends at 8:38 and he lives about 30 minutes away by subway. 

Are there any theater experiences in or near midtown with curtain times of 9:30 or later on Saturdays that are worth seeing?

•  Mar 12 2017, 04:54:10 PM

When I stage-doored after Patti and Mandy's show, Patti signed the apple that had been tossed to me in "Gypsy." She's been hit-or-miss miss both in terms of whether she comes out and how much she wants to interact. She straight-up yelled at me when I SDed her after "Gypsy" at City Center when I tried to take a picture of her signing.

I have nightmares to this day.

• Pacific Overtures  Mar 6 2017, 07:06:48 PM

Got my ticket! Front row in mid-May, $71. I agree with what a above-poster said about "Passion." I think this will be a tremendous theater experience. 

• Brantley's Kid Victory Review  Mar 2 2017, 02:25:57 PM

2x Post

• Brantley's Kid Victory Review  Mar 2 2017, 02:25:45 PM

I think Brantley doesn't have the mental health background to know that Christopher isn't "agoraphobic" per se, but that one of his challenges is discomfort with being in new spaces, new people, etc. I also think Brantley likes to use words and citations that make him sound erudite, even at risk of their being incorrect. 

• Selling 3 Sunday Park tickets for 3/1 2pm  Feb 27 2017, 06:50:41 PM

I sat in the last row of center balcony two days ago. Great view.

• Correction to above synopsis..  Feb 26 2017, 12:20:36 AM

Thanks, Bradway2, that's why I spent so much time writing it!

• KID VICTORY (Previews)  Feb 25 2017, 12:56:02 PM

Bradway2 - I did not care for it. In fact, I found it repulsive. Explanation to follow with

***MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ALL ASPECTS OF THE SHOW***

I went into the show with high hopes, if not high expectations after seeing the mixed reviews on this site. I have long enjoyed "provocative" theater, such as "Cabaret" and "The Scottsboro Boys" (including many others with sco

• Come From Away Rush  Feb 25 2017, 11:33:14 AM

Was across the street on Wednesday trying to get SRO for "Dear Evan Hansen" with a friend. A group of four arrived at "CFA" at about 8:30, then a few more at 9:00. By 9:15 there were about 10 people in the line, and my friend joined that line while I stayed at DEH. We got 5th row extreme right, partial. Not a bad view as all the action happens center stage, but there was a head in the way covering my view of most of the stage. I observed that people who had joined the

• Sunday in the park (rush)  Feb 25 2017, 11:27:15 AM

I can also confirm no more rush. I got a $109 full-view house seat. The lady in the box office was really nice.

• KID VICTORY (Previews)  Feb 24 2017, 11:56:02 PM

I saw it tonight. I didn't see any magnets.

• THE PRICE Previews  Feb 24 2017, 05:14:05 PM

Can anyone provide information about rushing for this show? I'm interested in seeing it this weekend while I'm still in NY.

• Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Feb 22 2017, 10:32:06 AM

Double Post

• Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Feb 22 2017, 10:32:05 AM

We didn't get in. They sold 16 matinee and 8 evening SRO for today. The latest person to get tickets arrived at 6:15, and she got the last one (she'd been hoping for a pair). The first person arrived at 3:30 am.

We got "Come from Away" rush (Partials in Orchestra row F) instead.

• Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Feb 22 2017, 08:15:57 AM

Hey, person on line with me: come say hi! I'm in the blue-green turtleneck sweater and leather coat. :)

• Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Feb 22 2017, 07:10:57 AM

It's 7:10 now (Wednesday, school vacation week) and my friend and I are 19 and 20 in line. I'm hoping some of these folks are just getting one, and that they sell a bunch of spots. Cross your fingers for me!

• Ticket for Night of the Iguana at ART Tonight  Feb 19 2017, 01:08:37 PM

Wow, what a steal! I wish I could take you up on that!

If you can't sell it, the box office at the ART is fantastic about exchanges. There are a lot of seats left for the run, and it's very likely they'll find you something you'll be happy with (though probably not front row).