Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • What is your favorite Tony Award winning performance of all time?  Jun 15 2017, 08:47:54 PM

The Other One said: "willep said: "The first two that come to mind for me are Mark Rylance in Jerusalem and James Corden in One Man, Two Guvnors."

Good choices, though oddly I would have given Rylance the Tony for the same season's La Bete.  I liked the play so much more.  Corden?  Perfection.  Sheer perfection. 
    "

I did LOVE La Bete as well. In fact, that was my introduction to Mark Ryl

• What is your favorite Tony Award winning performance of all time?  Jun 15 2017, 08:00:18 AM

The first two that come to mind for me are Mark Rylance in Jerusalem and James Corden in One Man, Two Guvnors.

• What's next for Rachel Chavkin?  Jun 12 2017, 04:52:18 PM

She's also been working with Dave Malloy on his next project, Moby Dick. I'm very excited about that one.

• THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 11 2017, 09:24:15 PM

I love "Seeing You" but really not a great choice to do for the Tonys. Groundhog Day has been really bad at choosing numbers to do on TV.

• Is Cursed Child actually any good?  Jun 9 2017, 07:39:10 AM

As I recall, the published one is a rehearsal draft and they recently announced they were going to release a paperback of the performance script. I haven't seen or read it, so I couldn't tell you how different it is. I would guess not too much though.

• Come From Away rush  Jun 4 2017, 12:44:41 AM

I did SRO for the evening show today as well. The line forms to the right of the doors, going West towards the stage door and the Golden/Jacobs. They form the line for people attending the matinee in the opposite direction, so it was wasn't too crazy.

ETA: sorry, had that annoying page glitch and didn't see that whatdoesntkillme had already answered!

• COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  Jun 3 2017, 07:58:03 AM

I would guess that they are using the extras like they were used in the Today Show appearance.

• Today's Random Question: Sardi's Portraits  Jun 1 2017, 12:20:47 PM

Yeah, all of the more recent ones I have seen are awful. Norm Lewis' is particularly bad, unfortunately.

• Top 5 Favorite Theatrical Moments of the 2016-2017 Season  May 27 2017, 10:33:23 AM

In no particular order:

1) The Great Comet - as others have said, it's so hard to pick just one moment, I adore the entire show. That being said, I will go with Dave Malloy's "Dust and Ashes". He kind of ruined Josh Groban's version for me. Extra GC mention to the moment when the ensemble joins in that song, from the onstage seats the sight and sound of them in the orchestra and mezzanine was just gorgeous.

2) Hadestown - Patrick

• COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards  May 26 2017, 07:49:03 PM

The love and appreciation this show has for its fans makes me love this show even more. I'm such a vanilla person (white, no tattoos/piercings/odd hair colors) that I will never get chosen, but obviously that won't stop me from submitting!

• Great Comet recording  May 26 2017, 10:26:31 AM

I love getting to hear the individual musicians play their favorite bits in those videos. I will be upset if Malloy doesn't win best orchestrations.

• Moscow in GREAT COMET  May 22 2017, 07:18:56 PM

I can't for the life of me find where, but I really remember Dave Malloy talking about it and he said "Mos-cow" was how he grew up pronouncing it and so that is what he had them do for the original production, and they changed it because he discovered it wasn't the proper pronounciation. But maybe I am totally making that up, who knows. If I find it, I will post it.

• Great Comet recording  May 20 2017, 05:29:56 PM

Oh, yeah, I totally agree that it was their intention to make him more comedic.  

• Great Comet recording  May 20 2017, 11:28:36 AM

That's because it is a different actor. I personally prefer Blake Delong on the original recording, his Bolkonsky was more scary while Nicholas Belton's is played more for laughs. And I just prefer his Andrey as well.

• AMELIE tickets anyone?  May 20 2017, 08:26:00 AM

May I suggest looking at the box office? Just down the page there is a thread of people saying the box office sold them cheap orchestra seats.

• Great Comet recording  May 18 2017, 10:45:31 PM

They changed it to the correct pronunciation.

• Great Comet recording  May 18 2017, 08:17:35 AM

I like the emotion in this newer version more. The previous one was recorded as a single, you can tell he has spent a lot of time with the character since.

• Great Comet recording  May 18 2017, 07:20:16 AM

VotePeron said: "A magnificent recording of an extraordinary production of a remarkable show. I'm in heaven.

The real question is - can anyone tell if they actually used the background vocals they recorded of us in the hall? It honestly doesn't sound like it, but I don't mind, as the experience itself was WAY more worth it than being on the recording for a few seconds. Would love to know anyone else's thoughts on this?
    "

• Great Comet recording  May 17 2017, 08:04:05 PM

leighmiserables said: "...I must admit I miss Amber Gray singing "the aiiiiir of a connoisseur." Oh well, haha. "

No need to miss it, it is simply earlier in the song! I actually really love the new ending to The Duel, the orchestrations are very beautiful and Russian.

• Great Comet recording  May 17 2017, 06:14:32 PM

I am finally home from work and on my first listen. I love the better sound quality than the original recording, but I miss the intensity of the music, which seems a bit toned down here. The changes are a mixed bag for me, for example I love the new ending of The Duel with its orchestrations, and I love the added ensemble in The Ball, and the changes (vocally and orchestrations) on Charming. Dust and Ashes is an incredible song and I just keep loving it more and more, although after hearing D