Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • GROUNDHOG DAY Reviews  Apr 17 2017, 11:43:33 PM

ethan231h said: "To everyone saying Andy Karl is a lock to win.....you all clearly dont realize what Ben Platt has been doing in Dear Evan Hansen. I cant rave about his performance enough...its so real and just....wow....

"

Honestly, one of my issues with Dear Evan Hansen was that Ben Platt was not real...I had such a hard time connecting with his character through all the stuff he was doing. 

• Great Comet Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 14 2017, 11:52:27 AM

MarkBearSF said: "I DO hope that it's available in advance at the theatre. We see it on the 12th - and on the 19th, we'll be on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic with very expensive and very slow internet. No matter what I may decide in advance I see a real danger that I'd give in and download it (or worse, if I have some setting wrong, that it'll start to download on the 19th by itself.)"

To be fair, the announcement does say "B

• Great Comet Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 14 2017, 09:56:06 AM

Pre-order is up on iTunes! The release date is listed as May 19, and the Prologue is available to download now.

• Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Apr 10 2017, 08:00:27 PM

I went this past Friday, arrived at 6:10 and was fourth in line. The line grew more slowly than I thought it would, but they only had 10 tickets, so only two people behind me got tickets, and they probably got there around 7?

• Great Comet Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 9 2017, 10:32:37 PM

Weird that they haven't made any sort of announcement if it really is "just a few more weeks".

• Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance  Apr 9 2017, 07:20:02 PM

Yeah, I saw it for the first time in Friday and Platt's voice was sounding a little tired.

• What are rush tickets?  Apr 8 2017, 12:36:03 PM

No. It varies show to show where the seats are located, but they are generally seats specifically set aside for rush. You aren't going to be getting unsold premium seats, for example.

• Great Comet - Sonya Alone Video  Apr 8 2017, 10:29:49 AM

Yeah, this was one of the ones that really stuck with me after first seeing the show off-Broadway, I so love Brittain's performance. On my most recent visit to the Imperial, I was a little nervous about hearing it performed by someone else for the first time (her understudy, Ashley Perez Flanagan was on that night), but she absolutely killed it as well. It's such a beautiful song.

• Great Comet Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 8 2017, 12:52:51 AM

GreasedLightning said: I'm not sure what video you watched, but the one I watched had Great Comet theme music in the background and didn't sound lacking at all. I would hardly call it a preview of how the album will sound. "

They released a commercial the other day that had an edited version of the Prologue, it goes from "This is all in your program..." to "chandeliers and caviar..." then into the rundown of the cha

• Great Comet Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 5 2017, 10:59:07 AM

Is it just me, or is the sound a little weird in that commercial? I assume it's from the new recording, it lacks the energy from the original...and "Balaga" is so garbled it doesn't even sound like a word. Maybe it is just the editing.

• 2017 Lucille Lortel Nominations & Awards  Apr 4 2017, 07:58:47 PM

Love the Hadestown love...ugh I am tired of waiting for their cast recording!

• AMELIA Reviews  Apr 3 2017, 08:38:27 PM

bjh2114 said: "I will never understand the point of providing links to reviews without any commentary.  We're all capable of clicking a link from the BWW homepage, and anyone who is interested in reading the full reviews will do so anyway.  I've always thought the point of a review thread was to summarize how each critic felt so that the people who aren't interested in reading the reviews in their entirety have a sense of how the show is being received.&quo

• Lion King Live Action Film Remake  Apr 1 2017, 07:19:34 AM

Or will it go the Jungle Book route and not be a musical so much at all, since it is the same director?

• Lion King Live Action Film Remake  Mar 31 2017, 05:11:45 PM

This remake was announced a while ago. Donald Glover is voicing Simba and James Earl Jones is reprising his Mufasa.

• First South Asian Female Lead on Broadway since Bombay Dreams  Mar 30 2017, 08:59:25 AM

Yeah, I saw her when she played it a couple weeks ago and was struck by how young she came across, which made me see Natasha in a different way than I have in the past. I thought she did a great job. 

• IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOUSZATKA, GO TO TORONTO . IT'S DOA  Mar 23 2017, 10:54:11 PM

Why does this poster keep going back to see the show again?

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Mar 14 2017, 12:52:57 PM

^ I was wondering that as well.

• Misleading Critics Choice Ad  Mar 12 2017, 08:04:27 PM

The fact is this is the same production that got a critic's pick from a NYT critic, just a different venue. It's like saying a touring production can't advertise off a review from a previous city.

• Anyone watching 'Long Day's Journey..' now on BROADWAYHD?  Mar 11 2017, 11:03:53 PM

I can't watch live, but I'm looking forward to watching it in the coming days!

• Great Comet Rush  Mar 8 2017, 11:04:13 AM

Rushed this morning and was the first in line at 7am. I got H 21 and 23. It will be my first time seeing it from the orchestra (previously onstage and rear mezz), so I'm excited to see a new angle and hope it is good!