Profile for willep
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Just finished my 9 shows in 5 days marathon  Jul 26 2015, 06:27:07 PM

Sounds like a pretty fun marathon!

I very much agree with your assessment of Something Rotten. It was amusing. I also wish that Hand to God was selling out. I love that show.

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 9 2015, 11:36:15 PM

Ha, nice try, RW3, Tag made a tiny typo, whoop-dee-doo. His point is still valid, they aren't doing the Broadway production, so why would they go through the extra effort to record the Broadway songs just for the soundtrack? Some of you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that this movie is not based on the Broadway version...

• Aaron Tveit to Star as Danny Zuko in Fox's GREASE LIVE!  Jul 9 2015, 12:13:59 PM
    Definitely grab viewers? Uh, think again. Sure, he may be great for the role, but he is by no means a household name that will grab viewers.
  • Harry Potter 2016  Jun 26 2015, 11:09:24 AM
    Ha, true. But I think the difference is that his show is meant to be silly and fun, whereas I feel like if I went to see a "serious" play about Harry I would have a harder time accepting other actors playing characters like the trio, Dumbledore, etc. maybe that is just me though. If done well, it could work, I'm sure. But I still think it is smart of them to focus on minor characters who are still important characters that we have an interest in hearing more about.
  • Harry Potter 2016  Jun 26 2015, 10:55:18 AM
    Very conflicted on how to feel about this. I love Harry Potter and I love plays, obviously, but can the two successfully mix? I am definitely encouraged by the involvement of John Tiffany, I think he is a terrific director who could handle the material well. I would love if this turns out to be an amazing piece of theatre. I think it has potential. I think it is smart to have the main characters of the play be characters that we didn't see so much in the movies/books. Can you imagine a play wher
  • Samantha Barks as Amelie  Jun 21 2015, 07:18:40 AM

I think Cristin Milioti would have been perfect. Regardless, I am curious to see how this show turns out and hoping it is great!

• TodayTix Discount Code!  Jun 20 2015, 02:05:47 PM

ACMIB

• Favorite Bway Cast Albums of the 2014/15 Season  Jun 13 2015, 08:05:46 PM

The Last Ship for me.

• SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album  Jun 4 2015, 06:02:50 PM

"I think the people posting all the hate for this show probably need more dick in their lives."

Or, you know, we just don't find the show as clever and amusing as it thinks it is.

• Worst Hits You Ever Saw  Jun 3 2015, 01:06:43 PM

Something Rotten was the first one to come to mind for me.

• Best Score - 2015  May 26 2015, 11:33:58 PM

I'm seeing Fun Home tomorrow and have avoided listening to any of the music beforehand, so this may very well change, but so far my favorite score is The Last Ship. I thought Something Rotten was a very forgettable score.

• THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th  May 23 2015, 02:42:36 PM

Take it with a grain of salt, but the broadway.com article on the matter had this to say: "A spokesperson said that Nelis has not replaced Roger Rees in the Tony nominated tuner and that no further information is available at this time."

• Why Are London Marquees So Much Better?  May 22 2015, 03:23:59 AM

That theatre in particular (the Palace) always has great marquees. Last time I visited London, I believe Singin' in the Rain was playing. Google that marquee, it is another great one. I wish we had stuff like that here...I really hate the fad we are going into with the digital marquees, they are just plain ugly to me.

• $20 off your first today tix purchase  May 21 2015, 02:18:13 PM

No, it's always been "$20 off your first today tix purchase"

• Fun Home Seating Question  May 21 2015, 01:23:25 PM

Thanks, dramamama!

I realized once I got to checkout that the seats I was looking at were wheelchair seats, no wonder they were cheaper! :-P

• $20 off your first today tix purchase  May 21 2015, 01:20:49 PM

Thanks, NY10024!

Now mine: ACMIB

• The Flick seating  May 21 2015, 12:47:51 PM

I have never been the the Barrow St. Theatre so I was just looking for some advice on seating. I am looking at tickets for The Flick and my options are last row of the orchestra or first row of the mezzanine. It looks like a tiny theatre, so I can't imagine either one would be bad, but just figured I would get some thoughts. Thanks!

• Fun Home Seating Question  May 21 2015, 12:45:35 PM

So I am looking at tickets for next week and have no experience with the Circle in the Square. It looks like the consensus is that the 100 sections are the best? Does it matter odd or even? I am looking at row J of the 100s, all the way at the ends by the 200 sections.

• Something Rotten Previews  May 17 2015, 01:47:10 PM

So when this show was first announced, I thought "Oh, this sounds like it could be really clever and good!" and I believe I remember a lot of people on here saying "Oh, this sounds dumb." Then the first preview came, and love and adoration seemed to be poured onto it, and I thought "Yes! I was right! I can't wait to see this!"

So I finally got to see it this week, figuring I should see it before it becomes a hot ticket after the Tonys, and boy was I disappointed.

Put me

• Hand to God Rush  Apr 12 2015, 10:16:02 PM

I rushed the final preview last Monday, got there a little after 11 and got seats in row A, all the way to the side. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV