Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Favorite Moments/Highlights of the 2015-2016 Season  May 29 2016, 11:53:20 AM

"His Kiss, the Riot" in Hadestown. What a performance from Patrick Page.

• Best Off Broadway Show?  May 29 2016, 12:53:25 AM

Haven't seen "Himself and Nora" but adding in a vote for "Hadestown"...terrific night of theatre!

• Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  May 29 2016, 12:25:43 AM

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "How does Patrick Page play Hades? It's kind of hard to top the insanely deep vocal from the album, and I'm worried they might have done something excessively theatrical like hinging on that song about building the wall to keep us free and making him a Trump caricature.

"

Just saw the show tonight, I am a big fan of the album, particularly Greg Brown's Hades (I've been listening to him for years and he is actual

• Great Comet Discount  May 27 2016, 04:21:24 PM

Oh wow! Thank you! Will definitely be taking advantage of this.

• Riedel on Jesse Tyler Ferguson  May 26 2016, 09:03:53 PM

Since when is he "one of the most famous actors in the world"??

• Best Musical 2017 - already interesting  May 25 2016, 09:21:22 PM

gypsy101 said: "The Prince Bolkonsky section (specifically with the "yes, father"s from Princess Mary) put me off the recording for a long time tbh. I kind of wish Malloy had written something else, but I know most of the lyrics for the entire show are almost transcriptions of the novel."

I can see this if you haven't seen the show. But honestly that was one of the scenes that really stuck with me seeing the show and I love listening

• Last minute cheap show for tonight  May 25 2016, 05:12:48 PM

Shakespeare in the Park is pretty cheap.

• Saddest Bway Performances  May 23 2016, 10:58:33 PM

Mark Rylance's performance in Jerusalem was a gut punch. Particularly that third act...from when the girl puts on the record "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" by Sandy Denny and they dance, then he gets the crap beaten out of him, Ginger, his closest "friend" comes and spits on him, he has to face his little son while covered in blood and spit...ugh

• Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 08:59:46 PM

I enjoyed the teaser, can't wait to see more.

I will echo what's already been said, I love me some Ewan McGregor, but that accent is not good.

• Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 09:03:02 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "So, this wasn't even a trailer but a teaser.  

The rose looks BEAUTIFUL.  

I think it's safe to assume the real full trailer will be out for Christmas 2016.  

7 more months to go, suckers!  
    "

I mean, as was discussed above, I think people knew it was just going to be a teaser. With the better part of a year to go, that&

• Rush Tickets vs. Lottery Tickets  May 21 2016, 11:36:44 PM

Generally shows don't offer both rush and lottery, it is usually either/or. But I imagine if a show offered both, the seats would be comparable.

• Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  May 18 2016, 08:16:51 AM

Cool, thanks!

• Looks like Cindy Adams is a regular reader of this board  May 17 2016, 07:54:02 AM

Robbie2 said: "willep said: "Right? I could hardly read it.

"Btw, she is 84
    "

Ok...Your point? There are plenty of people older than that who can write cohesively.

• Looks like Cindy Adams is a regular reader of this board  May 16 2016, 10:00:54 PM

Right? I could hardly read it.

• Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  May 16 2016, 08:47:26 PM

Seating question for anyone who has seen it:

I'm looking to buy a ticket, and since I'm spoiling myself, which I never do, and just buying a full price ticket since I really want to see this, what is the best place to sit? I am guessing the middle section facing the stage, and was going to buy a front row center ticket but then wondered if maybe it would be better to be up a row or two? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Riedel on Tony Awards being a tough ticket  May 10 2016, 08:46:30 PM

"He’s expected to do some fun Broadway carpool karaoke with nominees throughout the telecast."

Except I literally just finished listening to an interview where Corden was asked about doing carpool karaoke and, if it's up to him it won't be happening, and I liked his reasoning. The Tony awards broadcast is celebrating live theatre, and he wants the things happening to be live in the theatre, he doesn't want to leave the theatre for 8 minutes and

• HADESTOWN at NYTW  May 6 2016, 10:34:09 PM

Me too. I love the original album and am very much considering paying full price to see this.

• Blackbird Rush  May 5 2016, 05:44:53 PM

Ooh, good to know, thanks! I've been wanting to see this since long before the nominations but just haven't gotten around to it, but this helps.

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 3 2016, 07:32:15 PM

Mr Roxy said: "Maybe he knew it was happening and bailed early.

"

Or maybe, you know, since he is still coming back for the last two days he just had a commitment like they originally announced?

• Who are the Future Broadway Stars of tomorrow?  May 2 2016, 10:19:44 PM

I'll throw Ripley Sobo's name out there. Saw her as the little daughter in "Once" then she got great reviews when she joined "Matilda". She's been doing some big movies lately (most recently Batman vs. Superman).

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK