Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Lazarus  Nov 20 2015, 12:35:58 AM

Saw it tonight.

To start, haterobics, yes I would recommend watching the movie first. I was glad I did, it doesn't spoil anything, as this is a sequel, but there are a lot of references to it that would add a layer of confusion to the show for you that is unnecessary.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed it but felt it didn't reach it's full potential. There was some really, really good stuff and some stuff that just didn't work for me. I wish that I could

• Hand to God London Cast Announced (includes Dudley from Harry Potter)  Nov 19 2015, 01:11:37 PM

Interesting. I was honestly just watching Potter deleted scenes this morning and wondering what he was up to. Would love to see how he does in the role. I know he's done a bunch of theatre, but I have only ever seen him in the Potter films.

• Lion King - Circle of Life 360 Video!  Nov 19 2015, 12:12:29 PM

I preferred watching School of Rock's to be honest. I liked that they did theirs in one shot...I mean, if you are going to make a 360 video, why have multiple shots that you edit between? That was jarring to me.

• Selling 1 ticket to Lazarus 12/19 Matinee  Nov 17 2015, 02:20:37 PM's a Saturday...

• Kathleen Turner to play Scrooge  Nov 17 2015, 01:20:24 PM

Cool. I've enjoyed listening to these in the past.

• The Flick at Barrow Street  Oct 26 2015, 11:08:26 AM

^I must have missed that announcement as well. I was under the impression he was still with the show.

• Weird experience over the phone with New York Theatre Workshop  Oct 16 2015, 06:08:06 PM

Oof, they jacked up the prices for the extension.

• Weird experience over the phone with New York Theatre Workshop  Oct 7 2015, 12:57:59 PM

YES! My perseverance won out. Just got a CheapTix to the second preview!

• Weird experience over the phone with New York Theatre Workshop  Oct 7 2015, 12:39:59 PM

I decided to check again and saw that the second show was no longer listed as Sold Out, but I must have just missed it again by the time I clicked it. Ah, well.

• Weird experience over the phone with New York Theatre Workshop  Oct 7 2015, 12:02:10 PM

Dangit! There were two left, I clicked one and it was gone.

• Ticket Price Data  Oct 6 2015, 03:51:04 PM

Matilda - $27 (Lotto)

Gentleman's Guide - $29 (Today Tix, after discounts, not including fee)

Fun Home - $79 (Today Tix, after discount, not including fee)

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15  Oct 5 2015, 04:34:47 PM

^ugh, that sounds awful.

• Hamilton Cast Contracts  Sep 24 2015, 11:00:49 AM

Assuming they all have the standard 1 year contract, everyone should still be with the show.

• Andy Karl Joining 'Law & Order: SVU'!!!  Sep 23 2015, 11:29:20 PM

Happened to catch the season premiere tonight after not having seen an episode in years...oof has this show gotten terrible. The acting, the dialogue...maybe it was always this quality and I just didn't know any better a few years ago? Jefferson Mays was the best part, but I felt kind of bad for him and the material he was given.

• Andy Karl Joining 'Law & Order: SVU'!!!  Sep 23 2015, 10:41:47 AM

^unless you are Christopher Sieber.

• Your thoughts on A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE  Sep 23 2015, 12:05:10 AM

"The second half was better, but I'm still not entirely sure who poisoned the last man standing in between the main character and his desire to be the next Earl." 

Well, the killer straight up breaks the fourth wall and tells you that they did it, so it must have been one of the times you were admiring the theatre's architecture :-P

I finally saw the show a couple weeks ago. Someone had recommended it to me, but I wasn'

• Most impressive Stage Effects (SpecialFX?)  Sep 22 2015, 05:24:13 PM

Oh, I am not saying it isn't impressive to hold your breath for 60 seconds, just that some people seem to exaggerate how long the scene was. I remember before I saw it people were saying the scene was 3-5 minutes long, so when I went it was a little bit of a let down when the scene last much shorter than that.

• Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  Sep 21 2015, 10:48:03 PM

Is every word/line from the show on the album? Curious to know if any cuts were made.

From the NPR link: "Listening-only is how Hamilton will be experienced by most people. Miranda has certainly made it easy — there's no line of dialog said onstage that isn't on the tracks below."

• Revivals you would love to see  Sep 21 2015, 10:45:22 PM

The Pillowman

• Most impressive Stage Effects (SpecialFX?)  Sep 21 2015, 06:47:45 PM

"Peter and the Starcatcher:

• Everything"

This. Simple stage magic at its best.

The pool scene in Let the Right One In was great, but I don't understand why everyone thinks he needs to sneak a breathe. When I saw it, the scene lasted...45 seconds? Maybe a minute? That's not an unrealistic amount of time to hold one's breath.

Also, count me in those that loved the Matilda chalkboard scene. While watching it I thou

Advertisement Advertisement