Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  Jul 25 2016, 07:49:25 PM

wicked_beast4 said: "Also I'm surprised to see this hasn't been mentioned before, but Chris Sullivan is no longer with the show and the always-talented Matthew Salvidar is finishing up the run with a strong showing as Hermes. "

Really? I can't imagIne Salvidar in the role, but I've enjoyed him in other projects. I really enjoyed Sullivan in the role.

• Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  Jul 25 2016, 06:38:33 PM

That's super disappointing to hear the cast recording won't be complete, was really looking forward to a double disc album.

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 23 2016, 09:43:41 PM

atczwriter said: "Anybody see anything last night?"

Wondering the same. Weird that the article said they would be showing a "fresh" trailer, but then there has been absolutely nothing about it online  anywhere.

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 19 2016, 08:38:17 PM

It seems like the people at TVLine just have no idea that no pictures have been released and did a Google search for a picture for their article.

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 19 2016, 08:35:47 PM

I think the real news in that article is that a new trailer is coming.

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 19 2016, 08:31:38 PM

Isn't that the same fake picture that's been floating around for what seems like a couple years now?

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 19 2016, 08:31:10 PM
  • Opening Night Tickets  Jul 17 2016, 11:00:44 PM

Generally some are put on sale and you can buy them as you would any other performance. Just keep checking for whatever show you want to see.

• Cigarettes onstage  Jul 17 2016, 08:16:34 PM

Dollypop said: "What show did he do at the Music Box? (A waiter pointed it out to me)"

He hasn't done a show at the Music Box...

• Your First Broadway Show  Jul 17 2016, 04:42:04 PM

Mine was Spamalot. I saw the matinee on Tony Sunday. Memorable moments would be David Hyde Pierce's You Won't Succeed... and Tim Curry/Michael McGrath's I'm All Alone. Sara Ramirez's understudy was on, and she was not good. Best moment of the day was meeting Eric Idle beforehand. I look back at that Playbill now and see some shows in the back that were playing at the time and kick myself for missing them (oh, what I would give now to have seen The Pillowman on Broadway).

• Dust and Ashes  Jul 17 2016, 01:15:47 PM

The full cast was already announced, Amber Gray is returning to the role.

• Cigarettes onstage  Jul 16 2016, 10:40:58 PM

I feel like I remember reading something where Daniel Radcliffe said he and Richard Griffiths swapped out their herbals for real cigarettes in Equus because they were both smokers. But I could be wrong.

• Dust and Ashes  Jul 15 2016, 02:37:15 PM

Yeah, the best thing to do is to release a new recording. It may be just me, but the quality of the original isn't very good. I listen to it a lot and still love it, but I would love to have a recording as lovely and lush as this single.

• Dust and Ashes  Jul 15 2016, 07:56:44 AM

gypsy101 said: "yeah, thanks for that! I still hope they release a new album with Groban and Benton -- even if they just do it in the way Fun Home did, where they just had Emily Skeggs replacing Alex Socha (being that the rest of the Great Comet's cast is basically identical, it would make sense)."

As has been mentioned before, the Fun Home method wouldn't really make sense as Pierre and/or Natasha sing on virtually every track.

• Hadestown to receive a live cast album  Jul 10 2016, 09:07:47 PM

I believe when it was announced they said they were recording two performances (6/28 and 6/29 I think). No idea when it will be released, but I am looking forward to it.

• The OFFICIAL Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Preview Thread  Jul 10 2016, 12:31:48 PM

Well, no. It will be a published play and you will read the play.

• Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?  Jul 9 2016, 11:34:54 AM

Phantom4ever said: "Just saw all the bootlegs that were put up (somewhere online) with the original cast and couldn't believe how bored the cast looked.  Everyone except Leslie.  "

As someone who hasn't seen the show, I saw one of them online last night and didn't even finish watching that video. I know it's hard to capture what energy is like live, especially on a bootleg, but boy was that low energy and dull. I've been pu

• Matilda movie??  Jul 8 2016, 11:13:05 PM

I always enjoyed the movie when I was little.

• General Rush for Privacy?  Jul 8 2016, 08:36:57 PM

The TodayTix lotteries usually open at midnight, I believe, and the Privacy lottery tickets are $20.

ETA: if you happen to win and have never used TodayTix before, you can use a referral code for $10 off that...shameless plug, my referral code is ACMIB

• She Loves Me going to movie theatres  Jul 1 2016, 09:50:34 AM

According to Playbill.

http://www.playbill.com/article/exclusive-broadways-she-loves-me-revival-will-arrive-in-cinemas

BROADWAYWORLD TV