Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Mean Girls workshop and Great Comet without Groban  Feb 19 2017, 11:57:14 PM

I agree that Groban does not make or break Great Comet and you should see it regardless, BUT just to correct the above posters so that you don't get your hopes up, the composer (Dave Malloy) is NOT scheduled for this performance. According to the announcement, he is doing 10 performances all of which are in May and June, none in April.

• Extra Playbills?  Feb 18 2017, 12:42:18 PM

Can't really help you out, sorry, but for what it's worth Comet didn't have Playbills when it was off-Broadway, just folded paper programs.

• What is the cleverest stage trick you have seen?  Feb 18 2017, 12:18:22 PM

The chalkboard in Matilda was pretty great.

• Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!  Feb 18 2017, 12:15:40 PM

For the record, the "two guys" were Jimi and Tommy of Jim and Tomic's Musical Theatre Happy Hour. The ensemble members were Katrina Yaukey and Alex Gibson.

When we were in line around 5:15 they were mentioning that they were planning to start at 6:30 and go for an hour.

• Lion King - Live Action Movie  Feb 17 2017, 09:51:14 PM

For what it's worth, I did enjoy his Jungle Book, and I wouldn't want to hear anyone else trying to be Mufasa. I love the Donald Glover casting too, while  I'm at it...

• Beardo  Feb 17 2017, 12:30:53 PM

Yeah, I believe it was standard General Admission during previews. I went this past Wednesday and the rows were labeled on the end.

Otter - I agree! I was curious how they were going to depict his demise, and that was staged so wonderfully.

• Beardo  Feb 17 2017, 12:01:31 AM

Lots of language and sexual situations, but no nudity.

As for the seating, yes, it is in a church with a center aisle. Most of the action happens at the front of the church, with a good bit also happening on scaffolding along the left side. I recommend sitting on the right side of the aisle so you don't have to crane your neck as much.

The three seating options are Peasantry (the back rows), Nobility (in front of them, but also the front two rows)

• Beardo  Feb 16 2017, 12:47:42 PM

I can't say that I had much more than a vague knowledge of Rasputin going in and I didn't have any issues.

I'm hoping to make a return visit and bring some friends along. 

• Beardo  Feb 15 2017, 11:24:12 PM

Had anyone else here seen Pipeline's production of Beardo? I saw it tonight and absolutely loved it. I didn't know much going it, but what a wild and fun ride.

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 14 2017, 04:43:42 PM

I'm going next week, can't wait! Also, the pies look delicious.

• JOAN OF ARC: INTO THE FIRE (previews)  Feb 14 2017, 03:50:46 PM

I lost as well, but hope to catch it at some point!

• Broadway Actors who went to your school.  Feb 13 2017, 10:51:18 PM

Lucas Steele went to my high school.

Don't think there are any from my college (although Sheryl Lee Ralph did come see a show I was in because her son was attending/also in the show).

• Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 11 2017, 06:45:19 PM

We clearly have very different ideas of who would be good as Pierre.

Sally - I think Burstein could handle it at least as well as Stangland or Malloy.

• Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 11 2017, 06:33:03 PM

Ha, that would...something. The first name that came to me when thinking "good" but not necessarily a ticket selling name was Danny Burstein.

• Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 11 2017, 06:16:46 PM

Color me intrigued...I hope we have the same definition of "SO good".

• Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 9 2017, 12:31:24 PM

Matthew Morrison? Darren Criss?? Please, God, no.

• What happened to the Julie Andrews children's variety series for Netflix  Feb 8 2017, 11:32:40 PM

...who spends their days on the phone harassing Netflix about their release date of a kids' show?

• Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!  Feb 8 2017, 05:00:52 PM

Nola - if I am not mistaken, they said it was going to be 6-7:30 on Monday.

• Hadestown Pre-Broadway  Feb 8 2017, 11:09:47 AM

I've been saying the same about Page, one of my favorite performances of 2016, and I can't wait to relive it with the full album.

• Sign-Up to be part of The Great Comet cast album on 2/13!  Feb 8 2017, 11:08:21 AM

Ugh, I hope not. I've been listening to the original recording since I bought an advanced copy at Kazino three years ago. It's one of my absolute favorites, it would be amazing to get to be a tiny part of  the new recording.

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement