Profile for willep

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld willep
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 22
Favorite Show(s): Assassins
Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Curtains
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Equus
Guys and Dolls
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once
Red
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
The Producers

Favorite Performer(s): Gary Beach
David Bologna
Norbert Leo Butz
Jason Danieley
Gregory Jbara
Nathan Lane
Norm Lewis
Jesse L. Martin
Cristin Milioti
David Hyde Pierce
Mark Rylance

Currently Listening To: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Great Comet Seating Thread  Dec 8 2016, 09:00:34 AM

I haven't sat there, but I was eyeballing that table as well!

• Dave Malloy returns to Great Comet!  Dec 5 2016, 10:31:26 PM

I'm really curious what route they go in replacing Groban come July (give it to Stangland or try to find another star).

• Dave Malloy returns to Great Comet!  Dec 5 2016, 09:20:20 PM

Holy wow, I am so there!

• TodayTix/Rush/Lotteries/Discounts Luck  Dec 4 2016, 05:39:46 PM

I can't say that I am about to pull my hair out, but I have been entering for Othello. It's a hot ticket, I don't really expect to ever win it, as I have always had terrible luck with lottos (no joke, when I did Matilda in person, every single person who entered had their name pulled, even the people who had entered with friends that had already won, and I was literally the last piece of paper in the bag). I never really expect to win lotta, I get more frustrated when todaytix doe

• Advice- DEH or Great Comet?  Dec 1 2016, 09:38:39 PM

I think you are also correct in thinking Dear Evan Hansen is more likely to tour.

• Your Broadway Crushes  Nov 30 2016, 11:06:31 PM

Currently Lauren Zakrin in The Great Comet.

• Your Broadway Crushes  Nov 30 2016, 11:06:27 PM

Currently Lauren Zakrin in The Great Comet.

• Play or Musical with the longest run time  Nov 30 2016, 11:04:15 PM

Elevator Repair Service's adaptation of The Great Gatsby was around 6 hours, I believe.

• Riedel on DeNiro and A Bronx Tale  Nov 30 2016, 06:22:13 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Riedel is a *itch! for saying that Bronx Tale is not likely to last long.  "

Uhh, not sure where you got that from...the closest thing to that that he actually said is that it isn't going to last as long as Jersey Boys, which is probably true...

• Othello NYTW Previews  Nov 26 2016, 08:14:16 PM

I know they held auditions for understudies.

• Othello NYTW tonight 11/23  Nov 23 2016, 09:51:08 AM

Wish I wasn't headed out of town!

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 22 2016, 09:43:04 PM

Ha. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up online yet. I'm getting the book for Christmas and looking forward to checking it out. As for Groban, yeah, that was one of the hardest parts of seeing the show for me. I am just so used to Dave Malloy's voice, which is a bit different than Groban's to say the least.

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 22 2016, 09:32:20 PM

Try to get an aisle seat and be as close to the front of the rear mezz as you can. I felt a little left out when I saw it from the rear mezz (I had previously seen it from a much better seat, so I may be biased), but it felt like the actors only came up the aisle near me two or three times. It's all staged much more for the front mezz. 

Actually if you can be near the platform in the middle section of the rear mezz, that would be a good spot too I think.

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 22 2016, 08:59:50 PM
  • NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 22 2016, 07:26:23 PM

I was wondering that too, actually...my guess is The Great Comet of 1812.

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 22 2016, 06:55:34 PM

Here it is.

http://www.twitter.com/dave_malloy/status/792716288372203520

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 22 2016, 06:46:55 PM

Yeah, it was discussed during the Ars Nova stuff was happening, they talked about scheduling the recording for the same day as the Ars Nova gala (Dec 5th I believe), also someone asked Dave Malloy on Twitter if there was going to be a new recording and his reply was something like "Yes, recording in December"...I will see if I can find it...

• Great Comet rear mezz  Nov 21 2016, 07:32:27 AM

If you can go front mezz, I would suggest that over rear mezz. I think it is worth the difference. That being said, I can't imagine you would miss much by going for those cheaper seats off to the side.
  • NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 20 2016, 08:47:50 PM

Ah yes, I forgot they didn't have a Tuesday show.

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 20 2016, 09:26:26 AM

I believe he did half the week, Wednesday evening through Saturday matinee, with Groban doing the first two shows and the last two shows of the week. It will be interesting to see how big of a hit the weekly gross took, sounds like it will be a relatively big one.