Profile for ljay889

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ljay889
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 28
Profile: I love Sondheim

Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Company
Follies
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Into the Woods
Passion
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The King and I
West Side Story
Wonderful Town

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
George Hearn
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Luba Mason
Audra McDonald
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Ann Reinking
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Lin Manuel Miranda to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame...To Early?  Jun 24 2017, 10:30:55 PM

Brody has always started sh*t on this board, but this is really disgusting and unnecessary. 

• Lin Manuel Miranda to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame...To Early?  Jun 24 2017, 10:08:17 AM

Did I read someone say Sondheim is retired?? He most certainly is not retired. He is still actively working on the Bunuel project, and he is involved in the major revivals of his works, from Broadway, to off Broadway, to London, etc. He's not like Jerry Herman who is actually retired.

• Lin Manuel Miranda to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame...To Early?  Jun 24 2017, 12:00:26 AM

10086Sundays said: "I would think that having a theatre named after him(Sondheim) means a lot more than a slab of marble that gets trampled on all day.  At least, if I were to ever become successful and/or famous enough, I'd prefer the theatre or a university program or scholarship program in my honor.

"

This!!! Spot on. 

• 2017 SITPWG Nominations  Jun 23 2017, 09:16:46 AM

The costumes were not a copy of the original production's design. Maybe a few similar colors here and there, but that's also a nod to the colors in the original painting.

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Jun 23 2017, 09:10:08 AM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

No chute/body drop action is conveyed at all with the deaths. Depending on the plot point, bodies either remain where they were killed or they get up and walk away like a walking dead person, similar to Doyle's production. 

• Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?  Jun 23 2017, 12:21:59 AM

The full episode for those who are interested:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/jane-krakowski-hailey-baldwin

• 2017 SITPWG Nominations  Jun 22 2017, 08:29:04 PM

The lighting could've and most likely would've been nominated, the exquisite design of the chromolume was praised by just about every critic. 

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Jun 22 2017, 04:14:53 PM

Did you see Norm earlier in his run? I thought he was absolutely firing on all cylinders last weekend. I'm curious if others who have seen him twice could comment on his growth in the role. I wasn't expecting him to be as ferocious given his earlier notices around here.

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Jun 22 2017, 11:07:09 AM

Chair/victim wise, you have to use your imagination as with the Doyle production. This version even cuts the part of God, That's Good where Sweeney receives the fancy chair. Doyle surprisingly kept it. 

The tiny band is positioned in a little corner on the far "stage" left, the opposite end from the pie counter. 

• Musicals Dot Net Reveal Thread  Jun 22 2017, 09:53:26 AM

I posted there before I joined here, but hardly remember much about it. I rmemeber the traffic decreasing rapidly over time, presumably because people migrated here. 

• Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?  Jun 22 2017, 08:20:28 AM

IdinaBellFoster said: "Still, interesting that Krakowski sent Benanti a gift for her newborn, and Benanti made it a point to mention this on Instagram.

"

I agree! but Krakowski seems like one of the sweetest and most genuine in the business, so it may have just been an act of kindness aside from her personal feelings for Benanti. 

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Jun 21 2017, 11:46:27 AM

If you're willing to splurge on a ticket, I completely recommend row G, which is the first row of counter seats directly behind the tables. The view was AMAZING, and seemed to provide a better view than many of the table seats. Also, you still get some audience interaction, but not nearly as much as those at the tables. I will definitely choose Row G again if I make a return trip to the show. 

• Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?  Jun 20 2017, 11:23:43 PM

Jane Krakowski is on Watch What Happens Live tonight and Andy asked her a fan question about not getting along with Laura Benanti during She Loves Me. Jane neither confirmed or denied it but it certainly looked like she was hinting that they didn't get along. Sandy Bernhard is also on the show tonight and threw several doses of shade towards Laura, lol. 

Was this well known at the time? I think I vaguely remember some gossip around here. I thought they

• War Paint tour potential  Jun 19 2017, 11:51:53 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "Hmm odd she would say that, I was basing my comment on this video:

About 3:27-4:10 he talks about it.

"

Oh, wow that really is bizarre. I thought they did seem too Patti. Maybe she really didn't know she enhanced them with her face, lol? 

She says it here at 16:30.

h

• War Paint tour potential  Jun 19 2017, 10:22:42 PM

Patti said on Show People that those are the real Rubinstein images in the portraits, not based on her. The similarities are uncanny, though.

• Can an actor be nominated for more than 1 Tony at a time?  Jun 19 2017, 05:14:03 PM

Talk to Jan Maxwell.

• War Paint tour potential  Jun 19 2017, 05:13:16 PM

What about the subject matter is "random?" The musical is based on a major book and documentary. It's not like this was the first team interested in exploring the lives and rivalry of the two women. I don't find it random at all.

• Anyone seeing The Chalk Garden benefit tonight with Angela Lansbury?  Jun 19 2017, 10:00:09 AM

I'd love to read some reports. It would be great if this could transfer for a limited run.

• Bette and Patti  Jun 18 2017, 11:24:43 PM

When it aired, I didn't even see Patti standing. How was she trying to steal focus? 

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Jun 18 2017, 01:03:18 AM

I finally got to see this! I really enjoyed the production and setting, but I would still overall rate the Doyle production above this one. 

I thought both leads were amazing. I agree with the previous poster about Norm, I found him very menacing, he truly embodied the character, and sounded phenomenal. 

Carolee is simply perfection, it's a match made in heaven. I enjoyed that she played it closer to the Lansbury mold, while obviously not copying her perfor