Profile for ljay889
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ljay889
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 28
Profile: I love Sondheim

Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Grey Gardens
Into the Woods
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The King and I
West Side Story
Wonderful Town

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
George Hearn
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Luba Mason
Audra McDonald
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Ann Reinking
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Oct 6 2015, 11:30:31 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say that Terra has appeared infrequently in the Broadway production. Here's a list of her stints according to IBDB. 

•        Velma Kelly - Replacement (Jul 27, 2004 - Feb 13, 2005)
      • Velma Kelly - Replacement (Feb 21, 2008 - Mar 06, 2008  
      • Velma Kelly - Replacement (Oct 27, 2008 - Nov 02, 2008  
      • Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Oct 6 2015, 08:57:12 PM

I hope AFW doesn't extend. It would be great to see Danieley and not have to sit through AFW's Velma. 

• Gypsy London Filming  Oct 6 2015, 12:44:54 PM

It's officially being filmed for broadcast and DVD!!

The DVD is confirmed on the Savoy Theatre's Facebook.

• Bob Saget Joins 'Hand To God'  Oct 6 2015, 12:25:27 PM

^ Really? He's done Broadway before. 

• Bob Saget Joins 'Hand To God'  Oct 6 2015, 11:45:16 AM

Kudisch is excellent in the role, and I think Saget will be a good fit as well. 

• Encores P2P code?  Oct 5 2015, 12:49:01 PM

I am eligible for P2P but can't access my email I used to sign up with. Does anyone have a code for the new Encores shows? Or know when a code usually comes out? Please PM me.

Thank you!!

• Chris Pine in Finding Neverland?  Oct 2 2015, 01:25:15 PM

AC126748 said: "Why would Chris Pine want to make his Broadway debut as a replacement in a terrible show? 

EXACTLY, Lol. Surprised nobody else is mentioning this. 

• Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Oct 1 2015, 07:04:35 PM

Wow, I've never seen those changes to the ending before. I'm sure JBradshaw could clarify if it's been used before. 

• Laura Benanti has suffered a miscarriage.  Sep 29 2015, 02:17:07 PM

Between Marin and Laura, Broadway has two very strong and inspirational leading ladies.

• Marin Mazzie has cancer  Sep 28 2015, 12:04:01 AM

She's an amazing woman and performer. Wishing her the absolute best. 

• Why does Wicked have Green Costumes?  Sep 27 2015, 01:09:49 AM

Yet another personality for Mr. Smith.

• Drama at The King and I  Sep 26 2015, 11:44:05 PM

ChiTheaterFan said: "IBut under no circumstances do I approve of people making mean or hateful comments. I understand it sucks for you and I'm sympathetic because I HATE when people make noise during a show, but that's not going to help anything. "

Exactly. Recently I sat next to a mother with a crying toddler and baby on a plane. She tried so hard to keep them quiet, and kept apologizing to me over the disruptions. I told her

• Drama at The King and I  Sep 26 2015, 11:23:44 PM

" I do wonder how Kelvin knew the child was autistic"

I do wonder that as well. The story was covered on CBS 2 News tonight. 

• Drama at The King and I  Sep 26 2015, 12:57:58 AM

Kelvin and the OP of this thread have insinuated that the mother was attacked pretty badly during the incident. I can understand shushing during an intense moment, as that's a natural response to a sudden distraction, but it's not right if the mother was truly attacked. Maybe it appeared to be shushing from certain sections of the audience, while in others closer to the mother it appeared that she was scolded/attacked. It seems like there is no happy medium in this unfortunately

• Drama at The King and I  Sep 25 2015, 09:25:07 PM

"They don't even do this when people have heart attacks in the and an entire EMT team comes in to carry them out."

I have only had one experience with the "is there a doctor in the house?" situation. It was at the national tour of Next to Normal (in Philadelphia) and the performance was absolutely stopped while the situation was taken care of. I always assumed that it was common practice and respect to stop a performance if someone is in ur

• Drama at The King and I  Sep 25 2015, 08:00:18 PM

I am in 100% agreement with everything Dame said. It's a sad situation and I hate hearing that people were vicious to the mother and child. It really does sound like the best plan would be for the company to pause the performance while the situation in the house is taken care of. I hope this story leads to a push for more and more "Autism Friendly" performances. 

• Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Sep 24 2015, 07:00:31 PM

He's overqualified for Billy Flynn. Deserves better than being one of the countless replacements, but this will be a cake gig for him. 

• Best cheap hotels near theater district  Sep 24 2015, 12:56:08 AM

Radio City Apartments is a decent, affordable, no frills hotel in a perfect location. 

• Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival  Sep 23 2015, 06:55:06 PM

I enjoyed it for what it was. Hayes gave 100 percent. Chenoweth struggled in a role that was all wrong for her. Finneran was fun but I thought it was an overrated performance. I felt Angela Lansbury gave the best featured performance that year. The critics slammed the production, and it wasn't nominated  for Best Revival. 

• It's been discussed to death, but who will be Broadway's next Mama Rose?  Sep 23 2015, 03:28:53 PM

While she likely wouldn't  get her own revival, I'm shocked Donna Murphy hasn't played the role anywhere yet.