Profile for ljay889

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ljay889
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 28
Profile: I love Sondheim

Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Company
Follies
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Into the Woods
Passion
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The King and I
West Side Story
Wonderful Town

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
George Hearn
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Luba Mason
Audra McDonald
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Ann Reinking
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Imelda Staunton to Star as Sally in West End Follies  Sep 29 2016, 08:45:05 PM

Bernadette sounded quite lovely during the soprano moments. Imelda will not. And people got on Bernadette for playing a 49-year-old, but she looked the age. Imelda certainly looks 60.

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 01:07:18 PM

Sure, this is great and all, but some of you are expressing surprise as if Patti LuPone will be hosting SNL. Lin is 100 percent mainstream now, people know who he is, he's not a theater nerd and writer with a cult following anymore. 

• Idina as Mama Rose?  Sep 25 2016, 01:06:24 PM

Well she doesn't sound any worse than Tyne Daly.

• Idina as Mama Rose?  Sep 24 2016, 11:29:42 PM

I agree with you, qolbinau. I would be curious as well.  People are acting like Britney Spears as Rose was suggested. 

• SECOND ACTING - Is it still done?  Sep 23 2016, 09:47:58 PM

Just read that. Pretty cool!

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 04:06:15 PM

Just listened to LAST MIDNIGHT and the similarity to Donna Murphy's vibrato on the word world during "I'm the witch, you're the WORLDDDD" is uncanny. Wow. 

If this was a dub job, I wonder if it was so secret that not even Streep knew? Wasn't it said that Roz Russell didn't know for years that 95% of her Gypsy vocals were dubbed in the final cut?

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 12:49:07 PM

I find it even eerier that this same topic was posted on ATC. Initially, I thought this thread was crazy but now I'm absolutely fascinated by it. 

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 12:12:58 AM

Yeah, maybe it's an incredible 21st century dubbing with today's technology because it still sounds like Streep throughout that section but a hint of Donna Murphy can't be ignored. I don't know if I believe it's really her though. 

• Just listened to  Sep 23 2016, 12:11:07 AM

Saw the OBC three times in three weeks, and each time I knew I was witnessing something rare and special. I knew it was something that would gain a cult following and would be discussed for years, regardless of the reviews and lack of nominations. I said this about Women on the Verge as well, and I was right. 

The leads were stunningly perfect and they won't be matched in those roles. I almost drove to DC to see the tour, but I decided to just stick with my memories of the ori

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 12:00:37 AM

Just listened to Stay With Me and sure those parts sound fairly similar to Donna's voice, but definitely still a theory. 

• Hello, Dolly  Sep 22 2016, 12:37:51 PM

It really will be the event of the season. It's going to be very exciting, and what's better than having a classic like Hello, Dolly with a real star become the major attraction of the year. 

• re: Bernadette Peters as 'Dolly' in HELLO, DOLLY  Sep 21 2016, 01:09:55 PM

Bringing in a star vacation (temp) cover is a brilliant idea, similar to what they would do years ago. Liza in Chicago, Lansbury in The King and I, etc. 

• Documentary about Merrily We Roll Along  Sep 21 2016, 01:04:33 PM

Wow. That looks amazing.

• Angela Lansbury Will Not Be Returning To Broadway  Sep 20 2016, 10:50:46 AM

Ugh I would have loved one last performance from her.

• Hello, Dolly  Sep 20 2016, 01:39:28 AM

And here she is singing Free from Forum. She could totally handle Dolly! 

https://youtu.be/f6twfrbUstA

• Hello, Dolly  Sep 20 2016, 01:33:08 AM

Whoopi can carry a tune. I posted an audio of her in Sister Act earlier in this thread. She can sing in tune, but her range is extremely limited. I don't think she'd have a problem with the score. 

• Hello, Dolly  Sep 19 2016, 09:02:55 PM

Whoopi seems like a much more feasible option over Audra. I'm surprised some of you are running with this Audra idea, although I would not complain in the slightest if she is the one!

• Hello, Dolly  Sep 19 2016, 06:27:35 PM

^ Yes.

• Bette's Dolly Cast Uninspired?  Sep 18 2016, 09:06:43 PM

It is assumed that an alternate will perform all Tuesday evening performances. 

• Bette's Dolly Cast Uninspired?  Sep 18 2016, 08:25:59 PM

It sounds like the alternate is most likely an African American performer, and that would be fantastic! 

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions