Profile for ljay889

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ljay889
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 28
Profile: I love Sondheim

Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Company
Follies
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Into the Woods
Passion
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The King and I
West Side Story
Wonderful Town

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
George Hearn
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Luba Mason
Audra McDonald
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Ann Reinking
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT  Apr 27 2017, 09:04:29 PM

Also, Matthew Murray is leaving ATC, Lol.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2374623

• BANDSTAND Reviews  Apr 26 2017, 10:19:54 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "ljay889 said: "Is Alexis Soloski officially the new Isherwood?"

I think she's in his slot until Jesse Green officially takes over on May 1.

"

Oh, duh. Forgot about Green! Thanks. 

• BANDSTAND Reviews  Apr 26 2017, 10:05:09 PM

Is Alexis Soloski officially the new Isherwood? 

• More info on the new Sondheim and David Ives musical  Apr 26 2017, 12:03:31 PM

I knew that wouldn't be the title. I am glad Sondheim cleared it up. I really hope this happens soon.

• Patti LuPone - Gypsy (the literal showstopping performance)  Apr 25 2017, 05:18:37 PM

I'm not sure that story was ever officially confirmed.

• WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code  Apr 25 2017, 12:27:53 AM

Yes. 

• WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code  Apr 25 2017, 12:13:24 AM

Yeah, Murphy's voice isn't what it used to be, I agree that it's out of her range. Mazzie is beyond perfect casting as Arden. 

• ANASTASIA Reviews  Apr 25 2017, 12:04:13 AM

Groundhog Day's producers better hope they get that Tony nomination. They seem to need it more, as War Paint is performing stronger in the box office. 

• ANASTASIA Reviews  Apr 24 2017, 10:57:04 PM

adamgreer said: "Wicked was/is a cultural phenomenon. Anastasia is not. "

Exactly. Some of these posters might be too young to have followed the 2004 Theater and Tony season. Wicked was an unstoppable phenomenon, the entire country was buzzing about the show. The many nominations were expected, but the major losses and Idina win were jaw dropping at the time. The show didn't need awards to thrive. Anastasia doesn't have the buzz or cultural

• ANASTASIA Reviews  Apr 24 2017, 10:48:28 PM

Butter Broadway said: "We also can't forget Phillipa Soo

"

Yes, we can. 

• ANASTASIA Reviews  Apr 24 2017, 09:29:54 PM

Kad said: "And you're Phillypinto, back from the forbidden zone. "

I knew IT seemed familiar. What was his last username again?

• WAR PAINT on Broadway / Discount Code  Apr 24 2017, 07:54:52 PM

Finally a video montage 

https://youtu.be/1VCg0Kv2ypo

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/23/17  Apr 24 2017, 03:50:22 PM

I am stunned by War Paint, especially with Patti missing a few performances!

• Sound Design Returns to the TONYS  Apr 24 2017, 01:36:18 PM

Wonderful news!

• CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Reviews  Apr 23 2017, 10:13:26 PM

Kind of sad that Brantley was nicer to this than something like Women on the Verge.

• Sunday in the Park with George - how early for Rush  Apr 23 2017, 08:55:38 PM

Exactly, it is a major money note, and it's been missed multiple times throughout this run. Just a little strange for a Sondheim production on Broadway.  

Two other small touches that I would like to highlight again. During the act one finale, as George stages his final tableau, I absolutely love how he choreographs their poses and posture in the very final seconds, like a conductor. 

Also during the finale, I will say it again, it is a marvelous addition how

• Sunday in the Park with George - how early for Rush  Apr 23 2017, 07:15:00 PM

carolinaguy said: "

"Move On" was exquisite this afternoon, and I nearly lost it when Jake struggled to get out the final "...possibility  "

Yes this was very emotional!! The way Jake's George struggles to understand that line and make the connection has been a highlight of this production. 

• Sunday in the Park with George - how early for Rush  Apr 23 2017, 06:18:07 PM

It was a lovely final performance. The audience was low key but enthusiastic and respectful. There was a short speech from Jake at the curtain call. Sondheim and Lapine were not brought out. 

The performances were just as beautiful as they've been since February. Jake's voice sounded a little tired but his dedication to this character more than made up for that. Annaleigh is quite possibly the definitive Marie, just such perfection. 

Just a side note,

• SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June  Apr 21 2017, 07:40:47 AM

Preserving the original orchestrations with two additional pieces for the first time since 1984 is a major.  Even if you're not a fan of the new vocal performances, having the original orchestrations preserved again should be exciting. The orchestrations of the last revival were a total embarrassment.

• HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews  Apr 20 2017, 09:24:39 PM

The Post  is doing theater reviews again?