Profile for ljay889

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ljay889
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 28
Profile: I love Sondheim

Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Grey Gardens
Into the Woods
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The King and I
West Side Story
Wonderful Town

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
George Hearn
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Luba Mason
Audra McDonald
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Ann Reinking
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Nov 29 2015, 02:00:07 AM

The film grossed 71.5 million in the US, with a production budget of 24 million. Seems like quite a hit for 1995. The book sold 50 million copies worldwide and I'm pretty sure was considered like the 50 Shades of Grey of the time. They were both successful pieces, but the musical just couldn't click in New York. I think it will do better on tour, and it will clearly have a large regional life in the future. 

• The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Nov 29 2015, 01:02:12 AM

There's very positive early word on Twitter tonight. I am curious to hear what has been changed since Broadway. 

• Imelda Staunton - GYPSY  Nov 28 2015, 09:39:11 PM

Missed the BAM rumors! I agree, I'm sure she'd be fine selling it there. 

• Imelda Staunton - GYPSY  Nov 28 2015, 09:15:36 PM

How about Scarlett Johansson as Louise? I'm trying to think of any viable names that would help sell this with Imelda. 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 28 2015, 05:31:31 PM

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 28 2015, 05:31:31 PM

Hamilton22 said: "You seem to have lots of time on your hands."

Not enough to illegally second act shows! 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 28 2015, 05:14:30 PM

Hamilton22 said: "Finally seeing Fiddler tonight! Will give a detailed review. Definitely excited."

I am sure we could all write your review before you even see it. 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 28 2015, 04:07:14 PM

• The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Nov 28 2015, 03:55:57 PM

They both sound quite good, but their vocals lack the overwhelming power and intensity of the originals.  It's great to hear a new take on the song. 

• The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Nov 28 2015, 03:50:23 PM

An official studio recording of Stanley and Samonsky singing "One Second and a Million Miles."

• The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Nov 28 2015, 03:25:09 PM

Must you ruin everything? 

• The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Nov 28 2015, 03:13:40 PM

Elizabeth Stanley and Andrew Samonsky co-star as Francesca Johnson and Robert Kincaid in the national tour of the Tony Award-winning musical The Bridges of Madison County, which launches Nov. 28 in Des Moines, IA.

70th Tony Awards Thread  Nov 27 2015, 12:07:03 AM

I agree, Hamilton won't sweep the acting categories, but they will at least get one ala Nikki M. James in Mormon, who was nothing amazing. 

• Imelda Staunton - GYPSY  Nov 26 2015, 09:39:56 PM

I think it could work if they get a very big name for Louise. There is no way Imelda could sell yet another Gypsy revival here on her own. They will certainly need a name like Katy Perry for Louise, who would actually be a stunning Gypsy, but who knows if she could act it or want to do it. 

• Special Tony for Ali Stroker?  Nov 26 2015, 12:35:41 AM

She is excellent in what is basically an ensemble role, but I agree, I'm sure she'd much rather be recognized for her acting than for her disability. 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 26 2015, 12:15:17 AM

I believe Sher usually takes his time implementing a proper curtain call during the preview period. 

• Betty Buckley in Grey Gardens!  Nov 24 2015, 10:14:26 PM

I think it's a fantastic show, but given that the Best Musical winner of that year is currently failing in revival form, why would a revival of Grey Gardens which flopped the first time be any different? 

• 70th Tony Awards Thread  Nov 24 2015, 10:44:59 AM

Kad said: "They should've just done it at the Rodgers to save everyone time. "

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 24 2015, 10:14:50 AM

Oh! So Hamilton22 is the summer camp kid? The other child who terrorized these boards. 

• Kelli o'hara in original musicals  Nov 23 2015, 06:55:50 PM

Hamilton22 said: "Kelli took a risk with Bridges and it didn't really pay off. The show bombed financially and in a year where she was supposed to win her tony, Jessie Mueller sneaks out and takes it from her. So it's not surprising Kelli plays it safe with revivals that are already known to work. "

FUNNY. PhillyPinto used to make this EXACT statement. 

Advertisement Advertisement