Advertisement

Profile for ljay889

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ljay889
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 28
Profile: I love Sondheim

Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Company
Follies
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Into the Woods
Passion
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The King and I
West Side Story
Wonderful Town

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
George Hearn
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Luba Mason
Audra McDonald
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Ann Reinking
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • AMBER RILEY TO STAR IN DREAMGIRLS ON THE WEST END  Feb 7 2016, 08:58:49 PM

On what planet does Jennifer Hudson sound like a wailing smoker? 

• The Color Purple- Shug Avery  Feb 7 2016, 08:14:29 PM

Yes all of the leads are younger in this production, clearly a John Doyle touch, as is the decision not to age anyone throughout the story. 

• The Color Purple- Shug Avery  Feb 7 2016, 07:32:17 PM

Yeah, but Jennifer Hudson is originating the role in the revival and will likely receive a Tony nomination. She wouldn't be a replacement Shug either, had she not originated it. 

• The Color Purple- Shug Avery  Feb 7 2016, 05:21:13 PM

Yes, Patina would absolutely be sensational in the role, but I doubt she'd be a replacement in a featured role right now. 

• Should size of role be a consideration at Tony's?  Feb 7 2016, 01:20:47 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I think size of a role only matters when it comes to placing each character into what category they belong in. When the character is placed in a category then it all comes down to talent."

Correct. 

• Streisand can't play Rose but Bette can play Dolly?  Feb 7 2016, 01:01:50 PM

Yup, it's Philly. 

• Streisand can't play Rose but Bette can play Dolly?  Feb 7 2016, 12:55:08 PM

Shrek3 said: "No my argument is:  both roles are fine for both women to play because they fit the parts so well regardless of their age. My other point was to point out the hypocrisy of people not caring what age Bette is for Dolly yet complaining what age Streisand is for Rose. The only people who have made this an age thing are the people who have committed the hypocrisy. "

OMG, but the two roles have nothing to do with one another.

• Streisand can't play Rose but Bette can play Dolly?  Feb 7 2016, 12:13:44 PM

This does sound like philly!

• Streisand can't play Rose but Bette can play Dolly?  Feb 7 2016, 11:13:32 AM

This Shrek person is relentless and unbearable. 

• Streisand can't play Rose but Bette can play Dolly?  Feb 6 2016, 11:22:47 PM

Rose is the mother of two small children for a quarter of the show. Dolly is a widow, basically an ageless role.  

• Getting a refund for a Manhattan Theatre Club Subcription  Feb 5 2016, 02:44:20 PM

givesmevoice said: "But you're taking a risk when you buy any ticket to any show. You can't get a refund just because you didn't like the shows.

"

Yeah... Somebody thinking this is a possibility kind of made my jaw drop. 

• Access 10 Long Day's Journey  Feb 4 2016, 03:56:52 PM

Damn. Got the same notice. If you log into your  roundabout account it shows the new date. I was scheduled to June 25, 7pm!

• Waitress tickets now?  Feb 3 2016, 10:21:53 PM

It's been posted already. ART1

• Hamilton Ticket Sale Now 2/2  Feb 2 2016, 10:54:28 AM

What a joke. I cannot fathom paying $329 for rear mezz.

• James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!  Feb 2 2016, 10:43:54 AM

He's a Tony winner, a visible presence on CBS, and starred in the Into the Woods movie, I really think it's ideal. 

• James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!  Feb 2 2016, 10:41:20 AM

Definitely the best choice!

• Fox's next live musical  Feb 1 2016, 08:03:02 PM

Each time I used to suggest West Side Story for this, I was told it's too inappropriate for primetime, now it seems more people are on board with wanting to see it done. The attempted rape is pivotal to the plot, and it indeed would lessen the material if it were to be toned down. 

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Feb 1 2016, 03:16:51 PM

I watched the movie religiously at 5 or 6 years old and I'm pretty sure most of the adult content went over my head. 

• Fox's next live musical  Feb 1 2016, 03:13:55 PM

Bye Bye Birdie with Jennifer Lopez as Rosie. Maybe NPH as Albert?

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Jan 31 2016, 11:59:44 PM

JoseLee_ said: "I feel like most of you guys are white. No one went this crazy for The Wiz. I'm biased. I thought it was boring; I fell asleep."

Um. There was a ton of love for The Wiz on this board. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV