Advertisement

Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s): Abby's Song

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Javier Munoz vs. Lin-Manuel Miranda  Feb 7 2016, 08:44:32 PM

Out of curiosity, since we're talking about Hamiltons... has anyone seen all three (Lin, Javi, Jon) and can comment on the differences of the three?

• Dear Evan Hansen Review & 'A Love Letter'  Feb 2 2016, 01:44:10 PM

On the 2econd Stage website, they list out the understudies:

http://2st.com/shows/current-production/dear-evan-hansen#cast

Becca Ayers (u/s Cynthia, Heidi), Gerard Canonico (u/s Evan, Connor), Asa Somers (u/s Larry), Remy Zaken ((u/s Alana, Zoe)

• Lin Manuel Miranda Makes His Les Mis Debut  Jan 28 2016, 01:18:17 PM

gypsy101 said: "sorano916 said: "Aww... he wasn't on my cast insert from Sunday night. I still had J. Michael Finley, the regular Loud Hailer, listed."

That's too bad, sounds like it would have been a fun souvenir."

Actually, judging by other responses from Twitter, it seems like he wasn't on the cast insert in most of the Playbills. Maybe they made just a couple for Lin to have. I mean, if

• Lin Manuel Miranda Makes His Les Mis Debut  Jan 28 2016, 02:03:00 AM

Aww... he wasn't on my cast insert from Sunday night. I still had J. Michael Finley, the regular Loud Hailer, listed. 

It was my first time seeing the show with Finley in that track/role. However, when the Loud Hailer came on, I was thinking to myself that it sounded off. Like, Finley is a ValJean understudy so I was expecting a deep, more classical sound like Aaron Walpole who was the Loud Hailer previously. Lin's not that. LOL.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/24/16  Jan 27 2016, 02:23:04 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Would the operating costs for the shows have gone down? Or did they still have to pay the actors for the full week?"

Considering that a good number of company, crew, and house staff were already at their respective theaters when they decided to not have the Saturday performances, I hope that they are still paid the full week.

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jan 26 2016, 02:06:46 PM

With lotto again being postponed, are the lotto tickets still being sent to the the cancellation line?

• Tour to Broadway  Jan 25 2016, 05:23:31 PM

For the current revival of Les Mis, it started at PaperMill, went on tour for like three years, went to Toronto, and then went to Broadway. A good handful of people who did anything in the Pre-Bway productions were brought in for the Broadway production. Unfortunately, some who did a lead role on tour was put in the ensemble and just understudied the role.

They keep bringing in people from the tour back into the Bway show.

• 2016 - 2017 Touring Season  Jan 25 2016, 03:08:29 PM

Baltimore's 2016-2017 Season:

http://baltimore.broadway.com/buzz/183568/baltimores-2016-2017-season-will-include-beautiful-the-carole-king-musical-finding-neverland-something-rotten-more/

JERSEY BOYS: September 27 - October 2, 2016

CINDERELLA: 

• BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 22 2016, 10:49:17 PM

NewsiesForever said: "Did anybody go tot he Newsies panal? And or the Chris Cagtelli Newsies Dance Call? Can someone tell me which Newsies cast members were there? "

There was a Newsies panel? I thought it was just a dance class/session. Wasn't there but based on photos that the cast posted on basically all of their Instagrams...

Dan DeLuca, Stephanie Styles, Jeremy Greenbaum, Andy Richardson., John Michael Fiumara, Aaron Alban

• show exchanges because of weather  Jan 22 2016, 05:45:40 PM

herewegoabc said: "How could Hamilton possibly offer exchanges unless they schedule the exchanges for the fall?"

They might have some house seats available earlier if the patron is really convincing that they can't see it later. That said, they may just offer a refund if it isn't doable.

• R.I.P. Gentleman's Guide  Jan 20 2016, 05:39:43 PM

ChairinMain said: "I suspect that either Mayes or Pinkham might join the tour for the Los Angeles stop in March. What do you think the odds are of that occuring? "

IMO, I don't think that the odds are very high. Both John Rapson and Kevin Massey are doing a swell job in the roles and Jefferson and Bryce aren't necessarily large names to warrant them headlining the tour to get people in the seats.

• When Understudies Perform  Jan 20 2016, 12:07:29 PM

If swings don't receive additional compensation when they go one in an ensemble role, do they if it's a split track? Or vice versa, when a single regular track is split into three tracks?

For example, in Les Mis, actor Joe Spieldenner is in the ensemble, with featured tracks of Grantaire & Bamatabois. When he's out, three different people are listed in those tracks: one for Grantaire, one for Bamatabois, and one for his ensemble (aka just "John D

• Who wants my GGLAM ticket?  Jan 12 2016, 11:09:29 PM

Isn't the balcony like the worst one on Broadway...? Because it used to hold the lights or something? Like it's almost touching the ceiling?

• Hamilton Box Seats  Jan 12 2016, 12:10:25 PM

Esgred said: "mikem said: "Is there a preference in getting audience right box seats vs audience left box seats?  I know that the stage will be cut off in the box seats, and I'm wondering whether you miss more for one vs the other."

>> I sat in the house right box when I saw the show and I didn't miss much, maybe Burr giving Lafayette's intro for "Guns and Ships". I have house left box seats

• NOISES OFF! Previews  Jan 9 2016, 06:55:49 PM

@z5 said: "I have a seat in MEZZ row E center aisle? How good/bad is the view for this show?"

I was in row F in the Mezz and it was fine. The set is two levels, with a couple of characters who walk around in the audience during Act 1, which you can only see when they're along the front row of the orchestra.

It's better that you're more centered than on the sides.

• HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 5 2016, 04:39:04 PM

So... does this mean no one's lotto win is valid?

Due to over 50K unique entries, @BroadwayDirect's lottery site has fully crashed. As a result, we cannot award any #Ham4Ham winners tonight.

https://twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/684489011184943105

• HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 4 2016, 04:06:22 PM

RippedMan said: "IS it a Today Tix thing or how do I enter and when's it start? THe article seemed vague. 

"

No, it's not through TodayTix. It's through this website: https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/hamilton/

• Hamilton understudy, NOT Javier  Dec 22 2015, 03:46:49 PM

Actually, I believe that kaybay2 was at Jon's second performance as there was a performance yesterday and Lin & Javi were still out.

That being said, kaybay2, have you seen the show before? I'm just curious because of the "wasn't even the same show" comment. 

Also, this quote:

The show should be strong enough to stand on its own, but it didn
  • Will Swenson Temporarily Returns to Les Mis  Dec 21 2015, 11:32:19 AM

Looks like Earl isn't returning at all and that Will has left the production.

Javert understudy Adam Monley is taking over full-time until Hayden Tee takes over.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/183286/adam-monley-to-officially-replace-injured-earl-carpenter-in-broadways-les-miserables/

• Is Javier out of Hamilton today?  Dec 20 2015, 01:29:03 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Can anyone confirm this? I saw a Facebook post mentioning it. It would be Jon Rua's first time on. 

Yes. Jon Rua is on as Hamilton today, per Javier's Twitter. I made note in the Hamilton thread.

https://twitter.com/jmunozactor/status/678627106989936641

BROADWAYWORLD TV