Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s): Abby's Song

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • $20 tickets for off-Broadway shows  Aug 25 2016, 08:20:47 PM

I believe that I did 20at20 for Avenue Q. I didn't find the audience lacking decorum any more than usual. Then again, it's a humorous show.

I'm interested in seeing Verso so I might try catching that during 20at20.

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Aug 23 2016, 07:52:07 PM

Brandon as Burr.

https://twitter.com/ghaney22/status/768210197001146368

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Aug 23 2016, 05:50:14 PM

Wow... that's a first. The cast list on the website is updated and they finally correct Carleigh's understudy role! That one bothered me more than missing cast members.

http://www.hamiltonbroadway.com/cast.php

And it looks like they got some of the Chicago/universal swings added in... Eliza Ohman andHAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Aug 23 2016, 04:28:46 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "Did Andrew Chapelle ever go on as Burr during this time? I ask because Broadway.com still mentions Sydney, Austin and Andrew covering the role of Burr since Leslie left."

No. I think he'd been switching off with Seth for the role of Lafayette/Jefferson. They brought back Nicholas Christopher to cover for Washington for a few days, too.

• Will ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS Make It To DVD?  Aug 23 2016, 11:07:36 AM

They're playing encore viewings at Symphony Space this Thursday (8/25) and in September (Sunday the 25th):

http://www.symphonyspace.org/event/9264/Film-Theatre/nt-live-one-man-two-guvnors-encore

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 16 2016, 10:35:42 PM

Josh wishes there were more tickets so all could go:

https://twitter.com/joshuahenry20/status/765717188821016577

heart

• Hiptix Gold  Aug 16 2016, 10:17:07 AM

Broadway Joe said: "When did they announce this information? I renewed my hiptix gold membership in the first week of August over the phone and wasn't told about any changes. I wonder if they will honor it for the year. "

Since the membership is for a year, you shouldn't have to pay again for your membership until you need to renew. However, you should contact RTC to double-check/confirm.

• NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Aug 10 2016, 10:27:53 PM

I'm curious which version they will use: Broadway or tour

Besides a new song/scene, they've changed lyrics and staging (they kinda took out a full track & kinda split it.)

• Broadway Direct Lotteries  Aug 10 2016, 04:54:21 PM

I know that there's probably some sort of algorithm but are your chances greater based on how many tickets you put down?

Like for "Hamilton", there are 21 tickets. Does the system go through all of the entries and fill in if needed (say, there were 9 pairs and 3 singles)? Or does it do pairs first and then a single for the last spot, which in that case, singles are at a disadvantage? 

I remember for TodayTix, when I won lo

• NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Aug 10 2016, 03:10:17 PM

Newsies Director Jeff Calhoun posted this as part of his Broadway Sleep Out campaign (which is a great cause for Convenant House if you feel like donating along the way):

With a small donation of $20 or more, YOU AND THREE FRIENDS can WIN THE CHANCE to be JEFF’S GUESTS at the live digital capture of NEWSIES at the Pantages Theatre, in HOLLYWOOD. See JEREMY JORDAN, Kara Lindsay, Andrew Keenan-Bolger and Ben Fankhauser recreate their Original B

• Most Shocking/Surprising Twist in a Musical? (SPOILERS)  Aug 5 2016, 09:14:02 PM

Each time I've seen "Newsies" there's always a gasp when Katherine is revealed as Pultizer's daughter.

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jul 27 2016, 03:47:25 PM

casedilla2 said: "MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Ahmy said: "neonlightsxo said: "Where's Thayne?

According to the Playbill vault, he's still in the show.

Maybe vacation?  I noticed Sasha Hutchings wasn't in the show last week either day I went.  I love seeing her big hair on stage!  With her not there and Daveed gone, no big hair nowhere!"

He is on vacation, according to Gregory Han

• Lyrics from Hamilton that I could use for a tour  Jul 27 2016, 03:44:43 PM

bwaybri2 said: "Hello - 

I'm bringing a group of high school students to the City next term to see Hamilton.  The majority of our sightseeing will center around Hamilton's life in the city.  In an effort to milk this sensation for all its worth I would like to use lyrics from the show when we are in various parts of the city. 

As an example, when we are visiting the Grange - "It's quiet uptown"; when we

• Lazarus  Jul 27 2016, 11:00:29 AM

Egglondon said: "Sophia Anne Caruso will not be playing 12/18 - 1/2 due to British Equity rules."

According to the website (https://lazarusmusical.com/cast-crew/sophia-anne-caruso), she's not playing 12/20 to 1/2 so she should still be in for the performance on 12/18, even though she tweeted the 12/18 (

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jul 24 2016, 03:48:37 PM

Burgcenafan said: "I am going to try to see the show in August, my only question is who normally performs in the Saturday Matinee.

"

Javi is scheduled to be on as Hamilton; his off days are Mondays currently and then Sundays, when the schedule switches back.

Don't know who you'l have for Burr, though. Depends on the week...

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jul 24 2016, 10:29:22 AM

Miguel has two more performances as Hamilton (the 25th & the 1st) before Michael takes over as Alternate on the 8th.

https://twitter.com/MiggstaC09/status/757029798162079744?s=09

https://twitter.com/MichaelLuwoye/status/756932129456545792?s=09

• Privacy Previews  Jul 23 2016, 04:38:55 PM

hes16 said: "Would the show be appropriate for a 12 year old in your opinions? "

IIRC, there are some language but I think the material would be good for a 12 year old to know.

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jul 21 2016, 05:35:41 PM

bltl812 said: "So if tickets were between $67 and $177 and someone shows me a ticket that says they paid  $422 for M101 orchestra center with an S11.50 charge for tomorrow, the ticket is either fake or the bought it secondary market?

Just trying not to get scammed.

Thanks!
    "

The $67 to $177 price range was for regular, non-premium tickets. I'm going to assume that M101 was considered a premium seat, which may have been 

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jul 21 2016, 03:29:18 PM

bltl812 said: "Does anyone know what the price of  an orchestra ticket would have originally been for this week? Thinking about buying off a board but want to have as much info as possible to avoid fraud.

Thanks!
    "

According to this article, this week would be in the second batch of tickets so prices would have been between $67 and $177 with premium being the exception, which I cannot recall how much those were on sale for.

Javier Muñoz Love Thread  Jul 20 2016, 01:10:42 PM

Huss417 said: "Thanks for the info sorano916.

I went to his Facebook page as well but was showing last post as being February. I guess you need to friend someone first. Didn't know that.
    "

Ah. That post is pinned on the top of his page's feed. It'll be there until his unpins it. If you "liked" his page (the one I linked), you can scroll down

BROADWAYWORLD TV