Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Groundhog Day WIN 2 Tix FREE for First Preview  Feb 23 2017, 11:14:14 AM

I won, too. And I took one for the team and got some separated single seats so that people won't have to work around leaving them stranded. Heh.

• Should Actors Be Smoking At The Stagedoor ?  Feb 22 2017, 04:05:53 PM

Jane2 said: ""It's about being considerate of those around you."

I'd normally agree with that, but not in this case.

The actors who smoke are naturally tired after a show, couldn't smoke for several hours, and when the show is over, they're dying to get outside to grab a cigarette. They haven't asked anyone to wait for them, so if you're there, fine. They can smoke if they want. I think it's unreasonable to expect them

• The HAMILTON Tour Thread  Feb 19 2017, 10:09:15 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the tour website lists Ryan Alvarado as the tour's Hamilton, Burr, and King George standby."

And Ryan Vasquez is the understudy. I'm at the Comet/Hamilton Tour concert and he said that he's plays James Reynolds but understudies Hamilton, Burr, and Washington. 

Julia Harriman is the standby for the three sisters.

• What is the cleverest stage trick you have seen?  Feb 18 2017, 12:34:19 PM

There are many tricks in "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" that pretty awesome. Of course, some are more obvious but they're all pretty great if pulled off without a hitch.

My favorite two tricks are:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
  • NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Feb 17 2017, 12:26:54 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "I saw it last night and mostly enjoyed it. The camera work is a bit busy, especially during the dance and action heavy musical numbers.  Wide shots would have made the athletic choreography much more thrilling.  The book scenes and the more intimate songs worked well, though.  I found Lindsay much more enjoyable and less saccharine than the 2 times I saw her on Broadway, in the role.  Jordan is still impressive in the role.  Thou

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Feb 14 2017, 05:58:24 PM

Willie4316 said: "sorano916 said: "Besides the initial ART discount code that included onstage seating, have there been any others? Any codes that I see are for orchestra and mezz."

For February, try code gcbox1117. There's another one through April that Playbill has but I can't remember.
    "

Thanks! Trying to get one for March 1st. I'll look around for the Playbill one because the one on their website is only

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Feb 14 2017, 04:58:22 PM

Besides the initial ART discount code that included onstage seating, have there been any others? Any codes that I see are for orchestra and mezz.

• Sunday in the park (rush)  Feb 11 2017, 06:45:12 PM

I was about midway through the line, arriving around 8:30. I ended up getting a $49 balcony ticket for Wednesday. $8 more and I don't have to wait in line early in the morning? I didn't mind. :) And the cream puffs were a nice treat. 

• THE GLASS MENAGERIE Previews (2017 Revival) /Discount Balcony  Feb 11 2017, 01:00:18 PM

All of this makes me glad I decided to see the Tiffany production again in London than buying tickets for this one.

• HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Feb 8 2017, 12:14:50 PM

Fosse76 said: "sorano916 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "If they could do it in an old theater in London, they could have easily done the same here. 

Nothing to do with age, it has everything to do with space.
    "

Exactly. Not to mention...

T
  • HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Feb 8 2017, 12:11:24 AM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "If they could do it in an old theater in London, they could have easily done the same here. 

Nothing to do with age, it has everything to do with space.
    "

Exactly. Not to mention there...

There is room at the Lyric for the dementors

• HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Feb 6 2017, 05:36:11 PM

So, I just saw this in London a couple of weeks ago... and man, I wish that they could just bring that entire cast over, but it seems like John Tiffany's hoping the cast will be a mix of American and British, according to his recent TimeOut interview, so maybe there's hopes for a couple of OLC to come over.

‘Harry Potter…’ hits Broadway in 2018 – what can you say about the cast? Do you know if it’ll be Brits or Americans?

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jan 12 2017, 03:18:53 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Treco has been on for Washington before. You can look on his instagram for evidence of that.

Hamilton also isn't his Broadway debut.
    "

Fixed my post. Burr debut. As it was, according to his post: Tonight I am making my Broadway debut as Aaron Burr in @hamiltonmusical LIKE. RIGHT. NOW.

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jan 12 2017, 02:52:27 PM

Gregory Treco made his Burr debut on Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/treco27/status/818970087784935425

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPGmV3MgUGD/?taken-by=treco27

JudyDenmark, it seems like you would have had him as your Burr. How was he?

• Great Comet Merchandsie  Dec 21 2016, 03:22:24 PM

smidge said: "I purchased a Great Comet ornament when I saw the show in November, but don't see it on the website.  Don't know if it's still available at the theatre."

Might that have been a special one for BCEFA collections...?

• Jujamcyn Wins Re: holiday video  Dec 14 2016, 10:00:51 PM

They've made one each year since 2009.

Unfortunately, the camera work on this year's made me a little dizzy. My favorite was from 2012.  https://vimeo.com/55450548

You can see the rest of them throughout their Vimeo channel.

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Dec 8 2016, 07:52:25 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I still don't understand why the Hamilton GM team (or whomsoever handles such matters) is so utterly incapable of announcing cast changes in a streamlined, normal way. Anthony Ramos is the only cast change that got a normal press treatment."

Maybe the cast member didn't want to make it a big deal. I believe that they have a say on how they leave.

However, I think that cast changes

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Dec 8 2016, 11:49:44 AM

Too bad Rebecca Naomi Jones is going into Significant Other... I could have totally seen her as Peggy/Maria. 

• Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)  Dec 5 2016, 01:10:33 PM

Here's Kelly performing on the Today Show:

http://www.today.com/video/see-kelly-clarkson-perform-it-s-quiet-uptown-from-the-hamilton-mixtape-824917059657

(I don't know what's going on with the audio at the beginning, though...)

• HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Dec 2 2016, 02:51:57 PM

I can definitely see how they can transform it into Hogwarts. I mean, the staircase can be changed to make it look like the Hogwarts one. The restrooms could look like the school's and the stained glass windows can be changed into the mermaids. The lounge that they have can be made into Slughorn's chamber where they have the parties in.

Interested to see what they do.