BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for sorano916
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s): Abby's Song

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Flying monkey sues Wicked over fall  Aug 30 2015, 09:38:19 AM

From NYT (http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/28/injured-wicked-actress-seeks-evidence-in-court/?_r=0):

Several members of the audience that night reported on Twitter that they had seen a flying monkey fall, and said the show was briefly halted. Ms. Shulman was transported to a hospital in an ambulance. In an initial workers’ compensation claim included in the cour

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Aug 27 2015, 12:50:52 PM

In a recent interview, Leslie said that his contract is for a year, so I would assume that the rest of the leads are also for a year.

Pippa's Natasha understudy, Lauren Zakrin, was really good in The Great Comet, so I'm hoping that she gets to reprise the role at ART.

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Aug 25 2015, 12:26:00 AM

Question for anyone keeping track: which understudies have gone on on Broadway?

I've gotten only these... were there others for leads/supporting?

Javier for Hamilton

Sydney for Washington

Andrew for Laurens/Philip

Alysha for Peggy/Maria

• Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 20 2015, 10:49:06 AM

Javier Muñoz plays the role of Hamilton on Saturday matinees through September 6 and from March 28-June 4. He also plays Hamilton in the Sunday matinees September 7 onward.

Full sentences help... Here's what it is says on the calendar. I take that to mean he'll be on for the Saturday matinees from March 28 to June 4, as there are no Sunday shows during that time period.

• Les Miz on Bway  Aug 20 2015, 10:43:39 AM

I believe that this Broadway production can be a hit or miss... depending on who you have a leads.

I think the ensemble is great, I have no qualms over them.

I think the best cast that I saw of this production was when I saw it back in November...

Ramin was having a good day. John Rapson was Javert, Jason Forbach was Enjolras, Melissa O'Neil was Eponine, Matt Rosell was Marius and then the rest of the leads were the regula

• Hamilton Tickets  Aug 20 2015, 12:28:03 AM

They haven't announced when the Tonys are yet, right? Maybe they're holding back the next batch until the Tony date is announced.

• Broadway Princess Party @ 54 Below  Aug 19 2015, 03:06:07 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Oh my God, Thumbelina? You can hear Disney songs all the time but that won me over completely.

I watched that movie soooo many times. "Let Me Be Your Wings" was a song that I thought I would never hear again, but Laura and Adam Jacobs sang it and it was lovely (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyNGISiu48)

Benjamin Rauhala posted the videos if you haven't found them yet: 

• Quick Telecharge Vacation Question  Aug 11 2015, 06:43:45 PM

It would be in the Event Overview section, usually under the cast list.

Example: https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/The-Gin-Game/Overview

• Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 10 2015, 10:36:35 PM

"Muñoz is not listed and would not really work since it spoils the essence of the casting. My guess is that if Groff missed a day this week, Thayne Jasperson would cover it and a swing would cover his track. "

Would Thayne be the only option? Neil Haskell is also Caucasian, however, I don't know how his singing is. I've always known him as a dancer...

Anyone know who went on for Anthony tonight?

• Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 10 2015, 08:45:16 PM

Question: is there really no King George understudy or the person just doesn't want to be listed? I mean, it's not a large or diffcult part and Groff doesn't seem like the type of actor to take off random days, but I'm curious if they have someone as a back-up.

• Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 10 2015, 01:35:01 PM

""Also, while we're at it, how is Okieriete Onaodowan pronounced? Is it o-KEER-ee-uh-tay o-NOW-duh-wahn?"
    You got it. He introduces himself in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6UZOmON0us
     "

Heh. It's so strange to hear his full name. I've known him since the American Idiot 1st national tour and he's always introduced

• Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 7 2015, 12:51:28 PM

*SPOILERS*

"The World was Wide Enough" is another Burr song that's just gut-wretching, because it's at that point that Burr realizes that (as the song title implies) that he and Hamilton could have coexisted. I was close enough the 2nd time I saw the show on Broadway to see the tears just roll down Leslie's face. Just the utter regret and the sense that you did something that you can't take back... ugh. He just portrays it so well. 

• Dead poets society as a musical  Aug 7 2015, 11:42:31 AM

I can't see it as a musical, but I think a play version would work. 

For some reason, I thought that it was a play made into a movie, but it's an original film - not adapted from any source material.

• GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE National Tour Cast Announced!  Aug 4 2015, 02:52:52 PM

I saw Kevin when he went on as Monty here on Bway and  he was great.

John was fantastic in all the tracks that he did in Les Mis (tour, Toronto, Bway) and was probably the best Javert ever. He'll be perfect as the Family.

Those photos are a little bit old, but they can pass as the ages of the characters.

• Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question  Jul 25 2015, 11:52:09 PM

You should be fine in that seat. I was in Row V and didn't miss but a head during one scene.

• Kyle Jean-Baptiste in Les Mis  Jul 25 2015, 09:29:04 AM

Hey, Zell. You might want to delete that link.

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 24 2015, 11:52:09 AM

Sadly, Christopher Jackson's father passed away and he's out of the show until next week. 

https://twitter.com/ChrisisSingin/status/624595526348963840

His two understudies at Sydney Harcourt (who's in the ensemble as Mr. Schuyler/Mr. Reynolds) and Austin Smith (who's a swing).

• Benjamin Walker Will Officially Lead AMERICAN PSYCHO!  Jul 23 2015, 03:56:44 PM

Could it be the Ambassador...? From one set of murderers to another one?

• Bridges of Madison County Tour Casting  Jul 23 2015, 03:52:51 PM

"The first national tour of The Full Monty closed after only the first few cities. Others since have cancelled engagements and folded early, including Peter and the Starcatcher, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the Dreamgirls tour of about 5 years ago, etc."

For the record, the first national tour of Peter and the Starcatcher didn't close early; it finished its run. You might be referring to the non-equity tour.

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 21 2015, 12:31:58 AM

I haven't lotto myself but stayed after a matinee to watch it happen and I must say, Lin's pre-lotto pull show - "#Ham4Ham Show" as it's called - is very entertaining. I like how he has different guests each time. When I watched, he had Anthony and he sang his audition song, Bruno Mars' "Grenade". I wonder if Lin is doing it just for previews or if he'll continue after it opens.

BROADWAYWORLD TV