Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s): Abby's Song

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • when shows post closing notices....is meeting with employees first required....  May 25 2016, 02:02:47 PM

Right after I got out of "Murder Ballad" at the Union Square Theatre, I checked social media and they announced its closing. Apparently, they told the cast right after their performance so it can be pretty quick.

• Saddest Bway Performances  May 23 2016, 11:52:32 PM

It wasn't on Broadway but "Just Ask the Flowers" from Here Lies Love always got me when I saw the show and even when I listen to the cast recording.

• Saddest Bway Performances  May 23 2016, 09:59:31 PM

Moritz's suicide monologue into "Left Behind" from Spring Awakening

"The World Was Wide Enough" from Hamilton

"The Flesh Failures (Let the Sunshine In)" from Hair

• Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 03:45:31 PM

I rather liked the trailer. The music is just the right amount of haunting but familiar. Something that I noticed while watching the trailer on the computer compared to on the TV was how they aged the castle (putting the crack on the floor, having the spiderwebs creep up on the landing, etc.). 

• Hamilton Thread  May 21 2016, 06:10:10 PM

From Javi's Twitter, today was Shonica Gooden's last day and Nicholas Christopher was on as Washington, which I think was his first.

https://twitter.com/JMunozActor/status/734140618897772545

https://twitter.com/JMunozActor/status/734140712019755010

• Hamilton Thread  May 21 2016, 12:20:52 AM

gypsy101 said: "yeah, what's the deal, are they in the show or what?"

It's not unheard of to have injured cast members do the Tony number, even if they're on leave from the actual show. 

For example, when "American Idiot" performed, injured cast members Declan Bennett and Chase Peacock did the first number (Boulevard of Broken Dreams) which was more singing but then their replacements/swings did the second num

• Newsies - Who has the dance solo?  May 20 2016, 04:05:51 PM

After Ben left, I believe that Chaz does the turns.

• Hamilton Thread  May 20 2016, 02:02:25 PM

I really do appreciate and applaud the casting team on their efforts to be inclusive:

https://twitter.com/broadway_buzz/status/733709971561566208

I saw MJ in "Rent" & she was amazing! :)

• Ham Lotto Winning Stories  May 18 2016, 02:52:41 AM

For the digital lotto, would you have a better chance asking for one or two tickets? If I remember correctly, there are an odd number of front row seats. So if they don't have any SRO amd all the others that were chosen were pairs, then a single ticket would be better, right? Because unlike the live lotto, the person chosen can't decrease the number of tickets, right? However, if there's SRO and there's an odd number of front row seats, would the last pair be given one fromt r

• Hamilton Junkies  May 15 2016, 12:51:39 AM

sorano916 said: "Brandon Hudson, Stephanie Klemons, and Emmy Raver-Lampman are still listed. Because Emmy is still there, Elizabeth Judd isn't listed yet."

FYI, they updated the cast on the website again. Both Brandon and Emmy is no longer listed. Stephanie is still there and Elizabeth hasn't bee added, though.

Also, based on Playbill Vault, Roddy Kennedy took over for Sydney and Ricardo Zayas took over for Se

• Coming late to 54 below  May 12 2016, 05:58:24 PM

Plus there's a food & drink minimum of $25, which they still made you do even if you already late. 

At a 54 Below show I went to, literally maybe 20 minutes left, a mom and her two daughters came in (judging by the Playbill & the plastic drink cups, they just came from "School of Rock" which is even close by) and was seated at my table. The concert was already in full swing and they had to settle in, had to discuss what they were ordering, actua

• Best theatre magic?  May 10 2016, 04:00:28 PM

The Beast transformation in Beauty and the Beast.

• Audra McDonald is pregnant!  May 10 2016, 02:56:45 PM
  • Musicals in Limbo  May 10 2016, 01:11:09 PM

I might even fare to put "Bandstand" in the limbo category. Talked to one of the cast members last week and he was unsure about what's next.

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 6 2016, 03:15:52 PM

mamaleh said: "Good to know, thanks.  By the way, where were the seats located?"

Side Orch, Row P.

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 6 2016, 02:07:30 PM

mamaleh said: "I don't think it's been mentioned here what the optimal time to arrive for successful DISASTER rush is; i.e.,  how long before the box office opens.   One hour before?  Half hour?   Help would be appreciated for these last couple of days of the run."

I actually went today around 11:30 & no one else was there. The box office attendant said that they only had a few tickets left. That being said

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 5 2016, 01:28:29 PM

Ptesan said: "sorano916 said: "Ptesan said: "UnwoundFantasies said: "So, if they offered rush for tomorrow, today, then my chances probably aren't too great for tomorrow then?"

Actually, I think your chances are fine.  The line wasn't long (maybe 10 people) and half of them left after the announcement.  I would go for it.  I was fifth in line and got two tickets in row A.
    "

Rush is $30 cash onl

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 5 2016, 12:45:56 PM

Ptesan said: "UnwoundFantasies said: "So, if they offered rush for tomorrow, today, then my chances probably aren't too great for tomorrow then?"

Actually, I think your chances are fine.  The line wasn't long (maybe 10 people) and half of them left after the announcement.  I would go for it.  I was fifth in line and got two tickets in row A.
    "

Rush is $30 cash only, correct? 

• Hamilton Junkies  May 5 2016, 12:42:44 PM

Brandon Hudson, Stephanie Klemons, and Emmy Raver-Lampman are still listed. Because Emmy is still there, Elizabeth Judd isn't listed yet.

What bothers me more than people not being switched out is how the website incorrectly states that Carleigh is an Angelica understudy when she's an Eliza understudy.

• TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  May 3 2016, 03:20:45 PM

Show-Score (http://www.show-score.com/start) has been offering some shows with a $5 administration charge to active members/reviewers. Most have been off-Broadway, but they did offer Tuck last week. *shrugs* All you have to do is review/score shows to get offers. Nothing to really lose to be a part.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK