Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Upcoming PBS 'Hamilton' Documentary Puts Us In the Room Where It Happens  Oct 22 2016, 01:05:42 AM

Question: could anyone tell the difference between what was filmed as original B-Roll and what was filmed as the entire performance? I just couldn't help noticing Betsy in most, if not all, of the production footage and I'm pretty sure that she wasn't in the show anymore when they filmed the entire performance.

I think Chris performing "One Last Time" and talking about Washington was probably the best part, IMHO.

• Hamilton in Chicago  Oct 21 2016, 07:15:47 PM

Random question: Is the merch any different from the Broadway production and the Chicago one? Like do they have their own programs?

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Oct 19 2016, 12:43:53 PM

Very nice casting. He was great on Grease.

So, only Oak and Jasmine would be left from the original principal cast (plus Javi) with Carleigh, Neil, Thayne, Seth, Andrew, Morgan, and Voltaire in the ensemble/swing world. 

I don't have tickets again until March so I'll be interested to see all the new cast members by then.

• Leslie Odom, Jr. Interview on DCMetroTheaterArts  Oct 18 2016, 02:40:19 PM

Plus, Leslie and Nicolette just announced they're expecting. Sometimes you want to take a step back from a crazy work life to focus on family life with a slower-paced work life. He has his music as well as Murder On the Orient Express. 

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Oct 17 2016, 09:31:02 PM

I just passed the theatre and they look like they're still working on the lobby...

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Oct 15 2016, 07:58:46 PM

I'm going on Tuesday, sitting onstage. Thanks again to whoever posted that ART code a while ago. :)

(Edit: Yup. ART code. Oops. Thanks for the correction, DM!)

• Best Show for an almost 9 year old girl  Oct 13 2016, 08:18:34 AM

Maybe another option would be "In Transit". Of course, no one has seen it yet but the premise might be interesting to your daughter if she's into the whole accapella / "Pitch Perfect" craze.

• Will Chase to exit Something Rotten this weekend  Oct 11 2016, 02:04:24 PM

Officially announced: Adam Pascal is taking over as Shakespeare on November 7.

• Actors who returned in a different role  Oct 11 2016, 12:38:15 PM

Chip Zien was The Baker in "Into The Woods" on Broadway in 1987 and then returned as "The Mysterious Man" at the Delacorte Theatre in 2012.

For Newsies...

Iain Young played "Henry" on Broadway but played "Finch" on tour.

David Guzman played "Mush" on Broadway but played "Finch" on tour.

Jack Sippel played "Bill" on tour but when he went back for the filmed performance, he was "

• Hamilton in Chicago  Oct 10 2016, 06:27:42 PM

luvcaroline said: "Thanks for the update nightnic001!  I'm very happy to hear about the development of the cast, especially Arii and Josh. We saw Joseph in New York (our one time seeing Hamilton), and we thought he was great. Can't wait for our visit in less than 3 weeks!"

I don't think Joseph ever went on in New York. I believe that you would have seen Miguel who is the full-time Hamilton in Chicago. Joseph is the alternate. :)

• re: Bway stars on DWTS: You pick 'em  Oct 6 2016, 05:02:36 PM

I would kinda like to see Norm Lewis or Brian Stokes Mitchell.

• FALSETTOS Previews  Oct 5 2016, 01:19:21 AM

fenwic said: "LightsOut90 said: "merch report anyone?"
    I saw the show Saturday night and everything currently on the website ( was available except I don't think the window card was out, yet, and I don't recall seeing the vocal selections book. 

Fyi, the heart keychain is a puffy stressball.  Also, in the show, Christi

• Added Waitress Performance, 11/7  Oct 4 2016, 04:23:17 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "It's not an extra performance. They changed the date from Tuesday to Monday - as did many other Broadway shows - because Tuesday is election day and they want people to vote, instead of going to the theater. It's just one of many shows to do this."

That's all well & good, but it just doesn't seem like the cast knew about it. And it's still a day more than their usual week of Tuesday to Sunday. What if cast member

• Added Waitress Performance, 11/7  Oct 4 2016, 02:38:49 PM

That the cast, apparently, didn't know about...

Cast Reactions:

Wicked Contracts Question  Oct 1 2016, 04:49:02 AM

According to Carrie St. Louis' Twitter, she'll be leaving on October 30th. I wonder if they'll bring in a new-to-the-show actress or bump up anyone from the current Bway or tour.

My guess is that they'll bump up Ginna Claire Mason, the current Glinda standby, who was new to the show when she began last November.

• Hamilton in Chicago  Oct 1 2016, 04:36:41 AM

Any thoughts on the The Silversmith Hotel? I stayed at the Hampton Inn the last time I was in Chicago but it's all booked for the weekend I'm going. The Silversmith was popping up with good reviews and the price is reasonable. Location doesn't look terrible.

• Hamilton in Chicago  Sep 30 2016, 11:00:33 AM

KJisgroovy said: "The should both be OK. The Orchestra view might be slightly obstructed depending on how far over you'll be but the Mezz is extremely cramped."

Thanks for the advice.

• Hamilton in Chicago  Sep 30 2016, 10:36:45 AM

Which should be better at the PrivateBank: Left Orch, Row E (middle of the row) or Center Mezz, Row E (two from the center aisle)?

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 27 2016, 01:33:58 AM

I did the Dear Evan Hansen opening night gift pillow raffle and I actually won. Heh. That's a first. Not bad considering I only bought one raffle ticket for $3. :)

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Sep 26 2016, 05:13:38 PM

northlandfan said: "If I were you I would not buy it because I was at the Broadway cares flea market yesterday and they were selling them for two for $10. And they had pails full of them and the four actors that signed it we're at the table yesterday and signed items for free therefore I hope this information helps you!

definitely not rare!! And chances are that's how he got it.........

Actually, it's an old auction. It

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and PARAMOUR's Ruby Lewis!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow