Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Dec 8 2016, 07:52:25 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I still don't understand why the Hamilton GM team (or whomsoever handles such matters) is so utterly incapable of announcing cast changes in a streamlined, normal way. Anthony Ramos is the only cast change that got a normal press treatment."

Maybe the cast member didn't want to make it a big deal. I believe that they have a say on how they leave.

However, I think that cast changes

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Dec 8 2016, 11:49:44 AM

Too bad Rebecca Naomi Jones is going into Significant Other... I could have totally seen her as Peggy/Maria. 

• Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)  Dec 5 2016, 01:10:33 PM

Here's Kelly performing on the Today Show:

http://www.today.com/video/see-kelly-clarkson-perform-it-s-quiet-uptown-from-the-hamilton-mixtape-824917059657

(I don't know what's going on with the audio at the beginning, though...)

• HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Dec 2 2016, 02:51:57 PM

I can definitely see how they can transform it into Hogwarts. I mean, the staircase can be changed to make it look like the Hogwarts one. The restrooms could look like the school's and the stained glass windows can be changed into the mermaids. The lounge that they have can be made into Slughorn's chamber where they have the parties in.

Interested to see what they do.

• BCEFA Fall Collections  Dec 2 2016, 12:26:55 AM

Apparently at "Something Rotten", they also auctioned off a backstage tour. Ended up with two groups of people 'winning' & Adam Pascal singing "One Song Glory".

• Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)  Dec 1 2016, 01:41:18 PM

They were doing the preview event at the Rodgers today with the live stream.

I thought that Andra Day's "Burn" was fab. 

• TONY Award for and Actor/Actress when show wasn't a hit  Nov 30 2016, 05:37:48 PM

Was "Catch Me If You Can" considered a hit? It didn't run very long, but Norbert did get a Tony for it. 

• BCEFA Fall Collections  Nov 28 2016, 02:13:49 AM

Emmaloucbway said: "I saw Great Comet on Wednesday and Josh Groban made the BC/EFA speech. They collected, but there were no special/signed items for sale, just a few cast members with buckets. "

Comet now has signed posters for $200, and I overheard that photos with Josh is going for $500 but not confirmed if that was a one performance thing or they're continuing with it.

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Nov 21 2016, 11:58:01 AM

Out of curiosity, when did Anthony start wearing a wig?

• BCEFA Fall Collections  Nov 20 2016, 12:41:37 AM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I think the 6th is the last day of collections. Any news with what Cats has? "

Last day is Sunday, December 4th. I beleive Cats has signed Playbills & Posters along with the Carols of a Cure CD and opportunities to pay for a photo with whichever costumed cast member is collecting. Prices are unknown except for the CD which is $20.

• Mike Pence Gets  Nov 19 2016, 12:07:28 AM

Anakela said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "If any Republican politician showed up at Hamilton, y'all would be up in arms regardless."

Off the top of my head Cheney has been to Hamilton. I'm blanking on other Republicans. 
    "

I thought that the Bush family (at least GW) did. Especially since he did the Hamilton doc. Then again, Ryan also do the doc but I don't think he has seen

• Great Comet Discount  Nov 17 2016, 06:22:05 PM

I just got a BroadwayBox blast for discounted tickets for January and February. 

Onstage Banquettes: $129

Select Orchestra: $99

Select Rear Mezz: $50

GCBOX1117

• Phillipa Soo to Lead AMELIE on Broadway  Nov 17 2016, 12:40:02 AM

Ah! I totally forgot about Ali. I even saw her in Phantom.

Didn't know that Alyssa was half Japanese. Thanks for that.

Maybe I was going to "originate"... either way it's not too often so I was curious.

• Phillipa Soo to Lead AMELIE on Broadway  Nov 16 2016, 09:48:56 PM

Out of curiosity, when was the last time a female Asian (Pippa is half-Asian) actress would lead a Broadway show in a role that isn't racially specific (ie. Miss Saigon, Allegiance, etc.)? Is this the first time?

I wouldn't count Hamilton as Eliza wasn't the focus as Amelie is.

• Kingdom Come  Nov 15 2016, 02:15:18 PM

jbm2 said: "Anyone caught this yet?"

Yeah... both myself and macnyc posted about it in the thread...

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Nov 14 2016, 02:14:40 PM

https://twitter.com/cmbettiol/status/797583231260524548

Carleigh's last performance is November 20th.

• Hamilton in Chicago  Nov 14 2016, 02:11:46 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "What I saw was that the tables would be brought on the platform and then the cast members would pick up the table from there."

It's the same thing in NYC.

• Kingdom Come  Nov 11 2016, 04:46:32 PM

I saw it during previews. It was interesting with really great performances. I thought it was touching, humorous, somewhat thought-provoking, and insightful. I don't know if they changed the ending but when I saw it, it could have ended at one point but there was additional scene, which I thought wasn't really necessary. 

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 7 2016, 03:28:20 PM

HSky said: "Here's an article about the piroshki - http://www.wsj.com/articles/war-and-peace-and-pierogies-and-piroshkis-1472605159"

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Opening the musical “Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet o

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Nov 5 2016, 12:22:38 AM

Seems like Thayne made his King George debut tonight (last night?).

https://instagram.com/p/BMZ-eVpDvtg/