Profile for sorano916

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld sorano916
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s): Abby's Song

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 6 2016, 03:15:52 PM

mamaleh said: "Good to know, thanks.  By the way, where were the seats located?"

Side Orch, Row P.

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 6 2016, 02:07:30 PM

mamaleh said: "I don't think it's been mentioned here what the optimal time to arrive for successful DISASTER rush is; i.e.,  how long before the box office opens.   One hour before?  Half hour?   Help would be appreciated for these last couple of days of the run."

I actually went today around 11:30 & no one else was there. The box office attendant said that they only had a few tickets left. That being said

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 5 2016, 01:28:29 PM

Ptesan said: "sorano916 said: "Ptesan said: "UnwoundFantasies said: "So, if they offered rush for tomorrow, today, then my chances probably aren't too great for tomorrow then?"

Actually, I think your chances are fine.  The line wasn't long (maybe 10 people) and half of them left after the announcement.  I would go for it.  I was fifth in line and got two tickets in row A.
    "

Rush is $30 cash onl

• BREAKING: Disaster the Musical closing Saturday!  May 5 2016, 12:45:56 PM

Ptesan said: "UnwoundFantasies said: "So, if they offered rush for tomorrow, today, then my chances probably aren't too great for tomorrow then?"

Actually, I think your chances are fine.  The line wasn't long (maybe 10 people) and half of them left after the announcement.  I would go for it.  I was fifth in line and got two tickets in row A.
    "

Rush is $30 cash only, correct? 

• Hamilton Junkies  May 5 2016, 12:42:44 PM

Brandon Hudson, Stephanie Klemons, and Emmy Raver-Lampman are still listed. Because Emmy is still there, Elizabeth Judd isn't listed yet.

What bothers me more than people not being switched out is how the website incorrectly states that Carleigh is an Angelica understudy when she's an Eliza understudy.

• TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  May 3 2016, 03:20:45 PM

Show-Score (http://www.show-score.com/start) has been offering some shows with a $5 administration charge to active members/reviewers. Most have been off-Broadway, but they did offer Tuck last week. *shrugs* All you have to do is review/score shows to get offers. Nothing to really lose to be a part.

• 2016 Drama Desk Nominations & Awards  May 2 2016, 05:41:42 PM

And here are the nominees for the reinstated Outstanding Book of a Musical category

John Caird, Daddy Long Legs
    Michael John LaChiusa, First Daughter Suite
    Jessie Nelson, Waitress

http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/news/2016-drama-desk-outstanding-book-nominees_76941.html

• Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET  May 2 2016, 01:33:18 AM

wonderfulwizard11 said: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the first two runs limited engagements? I think Josh Groban will be a big draw, especially among audiences that aren't avid theatre-goers but see a show or two as part of a trip to New York. Plus, there are many in New York, myself for one, who didn't see the earlier performances and will go to this show. I grant that it's not an easy sell, but I think with Groban's appeal it will at least last til

• Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET  May 1 2016, 08:44:26 PM

Mr Roxy said: The show will be hyped up and as we have seen recently, people will pay any amount and endure any hardship to see a specific show. This may very well be the case here. If so, people will still pay thru the nose just for the bragging rights to say they saw it.

Hmm... I don't think you can really compare Comet to Hamilton. Besides the out-of-town tryout at ART, Comet has had two New York productions and it wasn't gangbusters. There are no

• Seating Plan For THE GREAT COMET  May 1 2016, 03:38:52 PM

LightsOut90 said: "anyone know what the pricing scheme for this looks like?"

I got a pre-sale offer code and this is the pricing that they give. I included their descriptions of the different onstage seating.

Onstage upholstered Chairs at Tables ($279 to $299)
    *"Cushioned cafe-style chairs with tables. No armrests."

Onstage upholstered Armchairs ($229 to $249)
    *"Cushioned swiveling chairs with arms, ideal for t

• TUCK EVERLASTING Previews  Apr 29 2016, 02:45:17 PM

I know it's not in Previews anymore, but I don't want to start a new thread...

I just got tickets for tonight's show and they're for Row B in the Right Mezz. I know that tree is on that side. Does anyone know if it blocks much from the Mezz or if it's only the Orch where the tree is a problem?

• Michael McGrath to exit She Loves Me  Apr 28 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Sad that he's leaving; I hope that he's okay and am wishing him the best.

Luckily, since the cast recording was just recorded, he'll be on there for posterity. :)

• Touring Season 2016-2017  Apr 28 2016, 02:32:04 PM

Has the National Theatre in DC announced anything yet?

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Apr 27 2016, 03:16:29 PM

LizzieCurry said: "swanjewel said: "https://www.twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/724701326995759105

Jonathan Groff was part of the Easter Bonnet Competition with the Hamilton Cast. It's nice to see him back. 
    "

Can anyone confirm if that was Groff the whole time or Rory and Groff? I was at Easter Bonnet on Monday, and I'm sure that was Rory in the ski

• BCEFA Easter Bonnet Competition 2016  Apr 27 2016, 03:14:24 PM

BCEFA has been posting videos from the presentations:

School of Rock: https://youtu.be/1kG-loNDL1c

Hamilton: https://youtu.be/bruTOQoNtO4

• Will Swenson to Temporarily Step in for Roger Bart in DISASTER!  Apr 26 2016, 01:39:44 PM

Jshan05 said: "This is all so bizarre. I love Swenson, but this seems like such stunt casting. I hope Will gets a new show soon as he is a great talent!"

He just finished Pericles at Theatre For A New Audience on April 10th, and will be doing "The Pirates of Penzance" at Barrington Stage in July so it's not like he's *not* working. 

• BCEFA Easter Bonnet Competition 2016  Apr 26 2016, 12:32:09 PM

LizzieCurry said: "Don't the performers occasionally change, too? I imagine this year, they would for An American in Paris (another one of my favorites from yesterday)."

Yeah, sometimes they do. The Monday show is sometimes seen as the "final dress" of the performances with the Tuesday show being the big one.

I, too, enjoyed AAIP's one. I think theirs was my favorite Bonnet, as well.

• BCEFA Easter Bonnet Competition 2016  Apr 26 2016, 12:26:23 PM

DramaTeach said: "Do the same shows perform today?  Going this afternoon."

Yup. The only changes would be in the presenters as well as having the judges, announcing which shows raised the most, and revealing the amount they raised this collection period.

• BCEFA Easter Bonnet Competition 2016  Apr 26 2016, 11:29:04 AM

sarahb22 said: "LizzieCurry said: "I went yesterday. Straight's skit was hilarious. The Fun Home kids were fantastic (but made me wonder if LMM was actually there to see it.) "

I think he was there, wasn't he? He tweeted a picture of him and the Hamilton cast, with him done up like Sweeney Todd complete with dark circles under his eyes and holding a straight razor.  Reneé was there too, with her hair done up in twin Mrs. Lovett buns.

• BCEFA Easter Bonnet Competition 2016  Apr 26 2016, 11:07:31 AM

Yesterday was the first day of the presentations.

I've gone to the last couple of Bonnets & Gypsys and generally, I really loved the performances. However, I kinda always felt the presenters ranged from delightful to painfully awkward. I don't know if it's the material that was written for them or if they just aren't really great in public speaking (which is a different skill set than performing in front of person, IMO). But I'm thankful that each

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK