Profile for qolbinau

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld qolbinau
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: qolbinau
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): Follies
Kiss of the Spider Woman
next to normal
Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s): Marin Mazzie
Donna Murphy
Bernadette Peters

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway  Oct 26 2016, 07:45:08 PM

The fact that no passionate fan has even come to argue against my claim is depressing haha, as is they aren't releasing tickets till Jan as if they thought they had a Hamilton situation on their hands. 

Maybe they just need to ramp up the marketing a bit and it's still early days. 

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway  Oct 26 2016, 05:12:51 AM

Is it me or have they barely sold any tickets so far?

Glenn has very little twitter followers too.

Maybe I'm calling it too early, but I will be surprised if this does more than mediocre business. I hope it does well. Someone needs to pay for that orchestra. 

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway  Oct 25 2016, 03:28:41 PM

Thanks, should have read more carefully. Just bought a ticket - I'm kind of annoyed at myself for doing so because besides a few good songs, the show is a dog. And Glenn could barely sing them 20 years ago (based on recordings) - no idea why I'd want to revisit. But I can't resist. 

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway  Oct 25 2016, 03:12:08 PM

Is Glenn doing all shows? At these prices and limited schedule, I assume so...but I am slightly hesitant because it says "performance schedule to be announced soon". Practically the only person I'd be happy as an understudy for this show at those prices is LuPone...SO expensive. 

• WAR PAINT on Broadway  Oct 15 2016, 04:14:02 AM

So if I understand correctly what you're saying is that if they raised the ticket prices for some of their previous productions they'd have the same outcome? If they could, I'm wondering why they didn't  (seems a bit fiscally silly). 

In any case, the show was practically (I looked at most dates and while there were some scattered seats for some performances, for the most part the theatre was pretty much full) sold out at Broadway-level pricing in a t

• WAR PAINT on Broadway  Oct 14 2016, 05:39:49 PM

You guys realise that there is more than just raising ticket prices here people actually buying them at that cost? If raising ticket prices was the secret to making money on Broadway this would be the easiest business in the world. 

• WAR PAINT on Broadway  Oct 14 2016, 03:03:45 AM

I was obviously joking re: 'Pink'. I would bet Ebersole would quit sooner than letting someone pry it out of her unvaccinated hands. 

So stoked the show is coming! 

• WAR PAINT on Broadway  Oct 13 2016, 06:15:35 PM

Shut up and take my money. 

I heard they were going to either cut Pink from the show or give it to Lupone because she is jealous. 

• Will Amber Riley led DREAMGIRLS transfer to Bway?  Oct 9 2016, 02:13:19 AM

I am surprised to learn that Amber has 1.2 million twitter followers, which is more than Matthew Morrison. Maybe she does have her fans.

• Imelda Staunton to Star as Sally in West End Follies  Sep 29 2016, 10:49:33 PM

They can't seem to put her Gypsy to rest. But I'm thankful they're talking about that and not Sweeney. I think I will literally turn into Sally from FOLLIES if there is a major NY revival without Bernadette Peters. 

• Imelda Staunton to Star as Sally in West End Follies  Sep 29 2016, 07:48:57 PM

* She is in every Sondheim show (Sweeney Todd; Gypsy; Now Follies!). Yawn. I realise I'm a bit hypocritical given I want Bernadette to have done the same triad. 

* There might be a chance it will be filmed, which is good (but a shame they missed the 2011 revival)

* People are quick to criticise Bernadette's vocal ability, but Imelda Staunton croaked through Sweeney and Gypsy (she is not a great singer). Am interested to know how she will

• Is Dolly Too Frivolous  Sep 29 2016, 08:23:32 AM

We don't need to feel like wanting to kill ourselves after a musical for it to be enjoyable, in my opinion! Looking forward to a fun night of light comedy. 

• Josh Grisetti has talked to God?  Sep 28 2016, 10:45:39 PM

I was wondering whether someone would pick me up on that and you raise a good point. There is no evidence that god does not exist as such (in the same way that there is no evidence that Santa Claus does not exist), rather, there is evidence that the current evidence put forth to believe in god is not convincing. For example, Dr Ben Carson describing the complexity of the human brain as evidence for God/creationism (yet current scientific theories suggest otherwise). It is not the case that we

• Josh Grisetti has talked to God?  Sep 28 2016, 06:03:09 PM

It makes no sense that religious beliefs are compared to and demand equal respect to atheist beliefs (or indeed, often demand more respect). They aren't equal. Atheist beliefs are the result of evidence and the same kind of thinking that has led to planes flying, modern medicine, computers and university academia. Religious beliefs are fairy tales based on illogical reasoning. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't contribute to so many problems in the world today: homophobia, mysog

• LaChiusa  Sep 28 2016, 05:18:09 PM

Give me a humm-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um melody.....less avante-garde. 

• Josh Grisetti has talked to God?  Sep 28 2016, 05:12:42 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I make a point of never talking religion or politics in public forums, but I will say this- I hope no one mocks or thinks any less of Mr. Grisetti because of this book. Just as theists are not expected to push their beliefs on others, so must non-believers be held to that same standard of respect.

Peace out.

Even if atheists don't impose the reality/truth of the world on others, you

• WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Sep 26 2016, 06:36:54 PM

Kind of sounds like this is still on! 

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 26 2016, 06:35:33 PM

NOWaWarning said: "I remember at the time it was open, many thought the Bridges of Madison County marketing hurt the show.

It was awful. Not suggesting the replacement will win any wards, but it did much better to capture the tone and aesthetic of the show (that imo, is much more appealing than the original). I might have actually bought a full price ticket to the show if the marketing had me more intrigued. 

• Idina as Mama Rose?  Sep 24 2016, 11:24:30 PM

At least the show might have a chance of making money this way. Her vocal style is quite inconsistent with anyone who has played the role in the past - I'd be curious to see but I don't know if it's a vocal style I'd want to see applied to this score. 

• Bette's Dolly Cast Uninspired?  Sep 24 2016, 11:22:06 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Big Girls Don't Cry- and yes ALL lives matter- and I think Black Lives Matter is an offensive group name.

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea that maybe we are getting a bit too 'PC' these days, but in the specific case of Black Lives Matter the slogan is not 'Black Lives Only Matter' or 'Black Lives Matter More' it is simply 'Black Lives Matter', in the same way th

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
SPAMILTON Takes Over at Broadway Sessions!