Profile for qolbinau

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld qolbinau
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: qolbinau
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): Follies
Gypsy
Kiss of the Spider Woman
next to normal
Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s): Marin Mazzie
Donna Murphy
Bernadette Peters

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • MAME REVIVAL!!!  Aug 27 2016, 08:46:55 PM

""Bernadette would SLAY "If he Walked Into My Life"!!!"

I think she might have slain it 15 years ago at the latest; at 68, her voice is, I believe, no longer sufficiently strong or flexible to sing and act this role even 6 times a week."

I don't know the score but just listening to that particular song, Bernadette could pull it off. My worry is it so obviously plays to her strengths that I know exactly how she would sing ev

• Once again the OLC FUNNY GIRL recording  Aug 25 2016, 12:59:18 AM

I appreciate your thoughts - there is a thread about this

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1095190

• Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Aug 24 2016, 10:20:38 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "qolbinau said: "Bernadette, get on the phone NOW. 

Give it up qolbinau, there is no way Bernadette would even consider doing this. (A) It's a small, intimate Off-Broadway rendering that will cater to an audience of less than 100 people. (B) The producers couldn't afford her services. (C) This will be a mostly British cast.

You are better off hoping that the "powers-that-be" decide to sta

• Bernadette Peters agenda  Aug 23 2016, 06:52:28 PM

If Staunton has the voice, Bernadette has the voice. I'm so sad that this might be yet another opportunity for her to slip by (even if not the best suited). If she really wanted to play it though for little $$$, I think it would happen now. The producers would be stupid not to want her if they could because with a theatre that small the entire run would sell out at Broadway prices. But it's very possible she doesn't care about it as much as I do haha. 

• Bernadette Peters agenda  Aug 22 2016, 06:35:43 PM

Bernadette, this is your chance!!!

http://www.playbill.com/article/sweeney-todd-revival-will-set-up-working-pie-shop-at-barrow-street-theatre

• Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Aug 22 2016, 06:27:20 PM

Bernadette, get on the phone NOW. 

• Riedel on Groundhog Day coming to Broadway  Aug 20 2016, 06:14:41 PM

gypsy101 said: "qolbinau said: "Similarly, I thought that he also was exaggerating Manuel's box-office prowess. It was always Hamilton that was the star...I personally still wouldn't bank on any show that Manuel stars in being a hit. "

did you not notice all that hullabaloo that occurred when he was leaving the show? resale tickets sold for thousands of dollars. the guy is a star.

also I think you can bank on it

• Riedel on Groundhog Day coming to Broadway  Aug 19 2016, 06:53:02 PM

Liza's Headband said: "WiCkEDrOcKS said: "I love Andy Karl.  I think he's super talented.  But...Hugh Jackman-like fame? That's (to put it mildly) a stretch.

"

THIS

"

Yes...is Riedel trying to pick up? You become Hugh Jackman-fame because of movie roles, not theatre fame.

Similarly, I thought that he also was exaggerating Manuel's bo

• Riedel on Groundhog Day coming to Broadway  Aug 18 2016, 10:28:00 PM

Riedel genuinely seems to have inside sources and so my feeling (without thinking about what evidence I have to support that) is that his predictions of whether shows will happen or not etc. are often accurate - like the general movements on Broadway. But Riedel's judgements of shows are definitely not always accurate. In order words, I would guess it's likely true they are eying broadway.

However, he will (and should never) live down his ridiculous praise for Bullets and predi

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 13 2016, 10:44:30 PM

I think my follow up response was somewhat rude and probably uncalled for, but the initial one wasn't that rude and still remains mostly true. 

However, to acknowledge my error and if it makes you feel better perhaps I can record myself singing the Judge's Johanna (Mea Culpa) and see if it worthy to make any of the lists in this thread :P.

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 13 2016, 09:52:17 PM

I suppose that seems true :), apologies.

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 13 2016, 09:30:23 PM

icecreambenjamin said: "qolbinau said: "icecreambenjamin said: "Judi Dench- Send in the Clowns

Meryl Streep- Last Midnight 

Bernadette Peters- Not A Day Goes By

Mandy Patinkin- Finishing the Hat

Patti Lupone- By the Sea

Donna Murphy- Losing my Mind

Elaine Stritch- I'm Still Here

Audra Mcdonald- The Glamorous Life

"

4 of those c

• How about Daniel Radcliffe as Leo Frank...  Aug 13 2016, 08:23:40 PM

God, listening to Jeremy Jordan on YouTube clips to me it looks like there a Tony-worthy performance right there. It's a shame he isn't an A-list star :P. 

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 13 2016, 08:16:30 PM

icecreambenjamin said: "Judi Dench- Send in the Clowns

Meryl Streep- Last Midnight 

Bernadette Peters- Not A Day Goes By

Mandy Patinkin- Finishing the Hat

Patti Lupone- By the Sea

Donna Murphy- Losing my Mind

Elaine Stritch- I'm Still Here

Audra Mcdonald- The Glamorous Life

"

4 of those choices are actors singing a song from a role they were cast in. The wh

• Most anticipated production for the 2016-2017 season?  Aug 13 2016, 12:56:48 AM

1. Hello Dolly

2. War Paint

3. Dear Evan

4. Pacific Overtures

• Donna Murphy Not Returning To Broadway Anytime Soon  Aug 13 2016, 12:38:49 AM

I believe her husband recently died?

• Donna Murphy Not Returning To Broadway Anytime Soon  Aug 13 2016, 12:21:32 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. Her Norma Desmond sounds much more appealing to me than the Glenn Close idea......I love her voice!!

• Wicked's First Non Professional Production In Sydney  Aug 13 2016, 12:11:15 AM

So saw this show last night. I was a little shocked because it was surprisingly very well polished - I was expecting amateur hour and it was anything but. I've since discovered that perhaps semi-professional is a better term to describe the production rather than non-professional because they are paid actors and they have clearly poured a lot of money into the production!

Overall, it felt like a 'lite'/'scaled' version of the original production. Very similar di

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 12 2016, 11:11:16 PM

Marin Mazzie - Losing My Mind

Donna Murphy - Losing My Mind

Bernadette Peters - Goodbye for Now 

• WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Aug 12 2016, 08:34:37 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "LeTigre said: "Perhaps, JayInChelsea, you're just a curmudgeonly old queen. Obviously, the word of mouth--perhaps among women-- is fueling the hot box office; it's the highest grossing show in the theater's history.
    http://www.playbill.com/article/patti-lupone-and-christine-ebersole-star-war-paint-is-m

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
SCHOOL OF ROCK's Will Blum!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS