Advertisement

Profile for cglaid

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld cglaid
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: cglaid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 2
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • TUCK EVERLASTING musical opening on Broadway, April 2016  Jan 15 2016, 04:50:28 PM

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/TUCK-EVERLASTING-Ready-to-Sip-from-Broadways-Spring-Finds-Full-Cast-20160115

The full cast has been announced. Does this mean Brooklyn will alternate with Sarah Charles Lewis? I can't imagine she'd sign on as a standby/understudy?

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jan 13 2016, 12:32:43 PM

Queen Latifah.

• The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Jan 11 2016, 11:20:03 PM

Did anyone go tonight? Thoughts?

• Fun Home understudies  Jan 3 2016, 01:39:44 PM

Ali will be on again January 17 for the 7 pm show if anyone wants to catch her. 

• Leigh Ann Larkin  Dec 26 2015, 08:14:34 PM

For those wondering if she's still pursuing musical theatre, looks like Leigh Ann is just finishing up a run of EMMA the Musical in Silicon Valley. The reviews seem pretty high on her performance.

http://www.theatreworks.org/shows/1516-season/emma

• Idina at If/Then @ The Pantages  Dec 16 2015, 09:58:14 AM

TFMH18 said: "http://www.laweekly.com/arts/what-went-wrong-with-the-idina-menzel-musical-if-then-6378533

Yikes. Can anyone who's seen Idina in the show lately speak to the above? What the reviewer said about the story and score's mediocrity is nothing new, but generally, Idina's passion in the role has been

• Idina at If/Then @ The Pantages  Dec 15 2015, 03:36:37 PM

After her abysmal, sleep-walky performance here in LA, it might be better off that she doesn't stage door.

• The official Bridges of Madison County tour thread  Dec 10 2015, 05:02:50 PM

I saw this last night and from almost the get-go, couldn't wait to leave at intermission. I thought Francesca had a terrible Italian accent, almost unlistenably so, and all the songs sounded exactly the same with very repetitive melodies. I left at intermission, and even in the third seat off the aisle, nearly got trampled by a woman who couldn't wait to leave in a worse way than me.

• Theater in LA  Dec 10 2015, 03:24:24 PM

I left Bridges at intermission last night. Her Italian accent was brutal, and the melodies were so boring and repetitive, the first act felt like an eternity. Hopefully If/Then will be better this weekend.

• ELF @ MSG  Dec 8 2015, 06:18:48 PM

I'm sorry if this has been posted, but I couldn't find it. This is supposed to start tomorrow, but I have seen no casting announcements... anyone have a link or information? Thanks!

• Winter Garden theatre seating questions  Dec 1 2015, 06:52:16 PM

When I won the lottery to SoR last week, my seats were in the last row, last sides of the side orchestra. My visibility was just great. No complaints.

• Sierra Boggess- out of SoR  Nov 24 2015, 08:53:54 AM

I was there as well and agree that Sierra looked a little slowed by her boot/brace. I don't think she's as wildly miscast as others on the board. I enjoyed listening to her sing. Sure, it's not an earth shattering role, but her voice sure is pretty. In other news, there were many cameras set up in the back of the orch and they were filming the performance, so maybe that's why Sierra was back.

• Theater in LA  Nov 6 2015, 10:49:44 AM

They've announced the Outside Mullingar cast.

http://geffenplayhouse.com/show_cast.php?show_id=225

• FIRST DAUGHTER SUITE Previews  Nov 2 2015, 03:25:54 PM

Where is the best place to sit for this? Center section? I am looking to grab tickets and the performance is pretty lightly sold (so far) so I want to jump on them while I can.

• 2 tickets - WAITRESS album release at City Center  Oct 24 2015, 09:57:01 AM

Yes, it sounds INCREDIBLY stupid which is the point I was trying to make. Sara tweeted the presale days ago, I think that if you had seen the presale code, it means you follow her, and that you would've checked the date of her show. If you have it together enough to buy tickets at the exact moment they went on sale, logic dictates that you'd also have it together enough to make sure you could actually attend. She is doing a ONE NIGHT ONLY release. You would then know you couldn't

• 2 tickets - WAITRESS album release at City Center  Oct 23 2015, 11:30:45 PM

I can read just fine, thank you. If YOU'LL read, I said nothing about marking up the price... I simply said why buy them just to turn around and sell them mere hours later. I don't get it. It seems like a silly enterprise.

• 2 tickets - WAITRESS album release at City Center  Oct 23 2015, 06:33:56 PM

they went on sale only hours ago. did you buy them JUST to sell them? why not just have left them for someone who would actually use them.

• Theater in LA  Sep 24 2015, 09:55:03 AM

The Hudson on Santa Monica and Wilcox (I think?) is doing the world premiere of the musical WE ARE THE TIGERS. I saw an early workshop reading of it in NYC probably a year and a half ago and it was super fun. Tickets to a number of performances are on Goldstar for $17.50. I am interested to see it mounted for real now.

• Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  Sep 21 2015, 02:40:45 PM

That's so generous of him. Considering most of the population will never in a million years be able to afford tickets to the show, this is their consolation prize. Enjoy it, people!

• An Act of God in LA  Aug 26 2015, 01:37:59 PM

Now here's a reason to see the show. Looking forward to seeing Sean. Do you think Christopher Fitzgerald will join him?

BROADWAYWORLD TV