BroadwayWorld.com
 Breaking News
Profile for cglaid
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: cglaid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 2
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • GROUNDED  Apr 27 2015, 08:30:17 AM

why would it be a lock to transfer if it can't even fill a small theatre?

• $20 off your first today tix purchase  Apr 12 2015, 10:34:21 PM

YCFBG

THANKS!

• Laura Benanti and Christopher Fitzgerald:  Apr 7 2015, 09:00:37 AM

And here's Betsy Wolfe's Let It Sing.

• Laura Benanti in Radio City Spring Spectacular?  Apr 3 2015, 11:08:33 PM

Per this tweet: https://twitter.com/LauraBenanti/status/584036394588311552 apparently she has influenza.

• Laura Benanti and Christopher Fitzgerald:  Apr 1 2015, 08:54:36 AM
    The whole night was lovely. Highlights include all things Annaleigh Ashford (she sang Land of Lola from Kinky accompanied by the angels and Slide Some Oil to Me from the Wiz as her high school self pleading her school to mount the show), Betsy Wolfe's Let It Sing and Joshua Henry's Natural Woman. LB and Jessie Mueller also dueted Agony.
  • LIVES OF THE SAINTS at Primary Stages  Mar 26 2015, 07:44:23 AM
    I saw this last night. I find that there is always one short that I don't care for, and this time around it was the first one - about the two friends and the tv. However, after that, I thought the rest was highly enjoyable. I tended to love the crazier more out there ones - especially the dead mother and the dopplegang(l)er ones. I don't know if Carson Elrod is just a particularly good actor, or just gets David Ives rhythm (or both) but he continues to be a highlight for me.
  • $20 off your first today tix purchase  Mar 23 2015, 10:18:49 AM
    YCFBG Yay!
  • The king and I previews thread  Mar 12 2015, 07:58:26 AM
    Add me to the list of people hoping to catch Betsy at some point or another.
  • Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Feb 13 2015, 12:05:35 AM
    saw this show tonight. he certainly is a trooper. it was my first exposure to the show, and i'm not sure what was improvised or not, but he put on a heck of a show. the improvs with "crate" worked and i didn't mind whatever restaging was done. he never even grimaced, he plowed through with such force, but by the end, he was physically lifting his leg by the brace to move it around. must've hurt like hell. in any case, i am so grateful i saw him.
  • Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Feb 11 2015, 07:50:56 AM
    I am so sorry if this has been asked before, but how is the Belasco's visibility from further back? If I were to grab a mezz or balcony ticket, would the sightlines be impacted/would the show be less impactful? Thanks so much!
  • Free ticket to WICKED 7PM tonight  Jan 28 2015, 06:34:13 PM
    Wow, that's really nice of you. Hopefully whoever gets the ticket pays it forward in the future. Good on you.
  • Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/30/14  Dec 2 2014, 08:55:12 PM
    Maybe if shows lowered their prices, they'd get more butts in their seats. Isn't selling a ticket for $50 better than selling it for nothing at all? Why not create a community of your own people (NYers or people with easy access to NYC) who would be more willing to see shows (even if they suck) because they're not paying an absolute fortune? I think what they're charging is disgusting. When I lived in Manhattan, I saw absolutely anything I could get under a $40 ticket to - on, off, off-off, in a
  • Anyone see Michael C Hall in Hedwig yet?  Oct 15 2014, 01:14:38 PM
    Are there any discount codes for this that extend past october 19?

Feel free to PM me if you wish. Thank you!
  • ON THE TOWN previews  Sep 23 2014, 02:59:22 PM
    How is Ricky Ubeda. Did they give him a nice featured dancing part? Can't wait to see this.
  • 59th Annual Drama Desk Awards-LIVE!  Jun 2 2014, 12:59:32 PM
    Is there anywhere to watch the performances? Particularly Ring of Keys? Thanks!
  • Les Mis Rush  May 21 2014, 10:58:41 PM
    Did Betsy Morgan go on for Caissie?
  • Broadway Stars in TV Commercials  Apr 9 2014, 09:51:37 AM
    Greg Jbara (Olive Garden)
  • Chloe Grace Moretz to Star in THE LIBRARY at The Public; Soderbergh to Direct  Apr 8 2014, 09:35:53 PM
    I thought Chloe got better as the show went on, but the real stand out was Daryl Sabara. The show itself was not good, but not bad either. School shooting stories make me very uncomfortable and I felt like a lot of it missed the mark emotionally. Lilli Taylor was good, Tamara Tunie was a disappointment (shouldn't she be more comfortable with her character's language, having spent so many years on SVU?), Jennifer Westfeldt could've been replaced by anyone and fared the same and the actor who play
  • Krysta Rodriguez Exits How I Met Your Dad SPINOFF  Mar 25 2014, 10:16:23 AM
    good. i find her insufferable. can't wait to see who they cast instead.
  • The Realistic Joneses  Mar 14 2014, 09:08:16 AM
    I echo what Whizzer and AfterEight said. I have no idea what I witnessed last night and that was the longest 90 minutes ever.

The only funny moment, which I believe was a goof... potential spoiler... but there's a dead squirrel in the backyard which Toni Collette picks up with a shovel and tries to drop in a plastic bag. Well, she missed the bag and the squirrel dropped to the ground. They were like OOPS and Toni Collette tried to pull herself together but couldn't stop laughing. That w