Profile for cglaid
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld cglaid
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: cglaid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 2
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • An Act of God in LA  Aug 26 2015, 01:37:59 PM

Now here's a reason to see the show. Looking forward to seeing Sean. Do you think Christopher Fitzgerald will join him?

• New Matilda Leads  Aug 20 2015, 06:51:25 PM

Yes, Kathy. I'm well aware. I've seen three Matilda's live at this point. But Mattea's is easily the most grating of any performers yet.

• New Matilda Leads  Aug 20 2015, 05:06:15 PM

The girl they used for Bryant Park, Mattea, had the most horrific cringe-worthy accent.

• BROADWAY THINGS: Wherein we state our opinions  Aug 10 2015, 02:32:53 PM

I think Wicked is terribly overrated. The songs/characters outside of Elphie and Glinda are painful.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 29 2015, 03:03:47 PM

"This is Broadway, people come from all over the planet to see the best theater actors in the world.  You expect a professional theater experience from an actor who is prepared, can remember his lines, and actually sing.  I experienced none of this during my performance the other day with Hedwig.  I believe people are giving him a pass because he's beautiful and the first African-American to do this role on Broadway.  If NPH did this peopl

• The King and I at TKTS  Jul 29 2015, 03:00:16 PM

Betsy will be in the Public Theatre's First Daughter Suite October 6-November 15. Will someone take over standby entirely, or just cover for Betsy's absence?

• Fun Home understudies  Jul 12 2015, 12:10:24 PM

Wow, she brings a totally different energy to this song. Maybe a bit more masculine or something? Whatever it is, I think it totally works. For those who have seen her, what do they do with her hair? Does she wear a short wig, or goes as is? Looks like the show is in good hands when understudies/swings go on.

• David Burtka - IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU  Jul 8 2015, 01:51:36 PM

i think his bailing early is ridiculous and childish. and i think the fact that no news sources have picked this up means people are afraid of alienating NPH. this guy made a commitment. okay, maybe the show is not great, but he signed a contract and his name alone certainly has some kind of box office draw. this is his job. this is what he signed on for. 8 shows a week. you don't see tyne daly or sierra boggess, arguably way bigger names, pulling this crap. this makes him look like an entitl

• Sarah Bareilles Previews Two Songs from Waitress  Jun 29 2015, 11:08:51 AM

Selfishly, as a huge Sara B fan, I hope there's some kind of recording of Sara singing the entire score.

edited to add; can we please change subject to reflect the actual spelling of Sara's name? Thanks!

• Kelli O'Hara out tonight?  Jun 13 2015, 02:39:53 AM

Oh man, so sad I missed that. Hopefully some kind of audio surfaces. Betsy is awesome.

• Best Flop You Ever Saw  Jun 3 2015, 10:33:37 AM

Was IMPRESSIONISM a flop, with Jeremy Irons and Joan Allen? If so, that.

I loved every minute.

• Sydney Lucas Tony Buzz  May 31 2015, 11:08:50 PM

I felt nothing for Kuhn's performance at the Public and even less on Broadway, though I will admit she absolutely brings the house down with "Days and Days." However, to me, the song feels unearned. I think Helen is a mostly background character, not given her proper due throughout the show to be given such a big, show-stopping number. For the record, this is a slight against the way the character is presented, not Kuhn, who does well with the material she's given. Do I think it deserves a To

• $20 off your first today tix purchase  May 21 2015, 02:15:24 PM

How come you can only use a voucher code once? Like I tried to book a second set of tickets and it says only available for first-time users. Is that a new thing?

• GROUNDED  Apr 27 2015, 08:30:17 AM

why would it be a lock to transfer if it can't even fill a small theatre?

• $20 off your first today tix purchase  Apr 12 2015, 10:34:21 PM

YCFBG

THANKS!

• Laura Benanti and Christopher Fitzgerald:  Apr 7 2015, 09:00:37 AM

And here's Betsy Wolfe's Let It Sing.

• Laura Benanti in Radio City Spring Spectacular?  Apr 3 2015, 11:08:33 PM

Per this tweet: https://twitter.com/LauraBenanti/status/584036394588311552 apparently she has influenza.

• Laura Benanti and Christopher Fitzgerald:  Apr 1 2015, 08:54:36 AM
    The whole night was lovely. Highlights include all things Annaleigh Ashford (she sang Land of Lola from Kinky accompanied by the angels and Slide Some Oil to Me from the Wiz as her high school self pleading her school to mount the show), Betsy Wolfe's Let It Sing and Joshua Henry's Natural Woman. LB and Jessie Mueller also dueted Agony.
  • LIVES OF THE SAINTS at Primary Stages  Mar 26 2015, 07:44:23 AM
    I saw this last night. I find that there is always one short that I don't care for, and this time around it was the first one - about the two friends and the tv. However, after that, I thought the rest was highly enjoyable. I tended to love the crazier more out there ones - especially the dead mother and the dopplegang(l)er ones. I don't know if Carson Elrod is just a particularly good actor, or just gets David Ives rhythm (or both) but he continues to be a highlight for me.
  • $20 off your first today tix purchase  Mar 23 2015, 10:18:49 AM
    YCFBG Yay!

BROADWAYWORLD TV