BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for WiCkEDrOcKS
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: WiCkEDrOcKS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 30
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
August: Osage County
Brighton Beach Memoirs
Company
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Dreamgirls
Gypsy
Hair
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Les Misérables
Next Fall
next to normal
Proof
Ragtime
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
West Side Story
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Betty Buckley
Norbert Leo Butz
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Harvey Fierstein
Sutton Foster
Jennifer Holliday
Hugh Jackman
Nathan Lane
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Audra McDonald
Idina Menzel
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Sherie Rene Scott

Currently Listening To: Anything and everything!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 15 2015, 11:16:25 PM

A great cast performing a mediocre show.

Miriam Shore, Joaquina Kalukango, and Steven Pasquale made the strongest impressions.  Sutton is wildly miscast, but she does what she can.  There's no real emotional thrust to this WILD PARTY, which is a shame.  And they've done a lot of hacking, cutting, adding, moving, etc.  But it's still just "meh," and lacking an really strong emotional throughline. 

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 15 2015, 11:10:25 AM

What was the running time?

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 15 2015, 12:48:38 AM

As far as performances go, the standouts to me are Soo, Odom, and Goldsberry. Hands down. And I think if Odom and Soo are Featured, HAMILTON has a very good shot at taking home the Featured Actor and Actress awards. 

But, as we've seen in the past, we have almost a year until the Tony Awards and a lot can change in that time. 

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 14 2015, 02:50:38 AM

I saw the show twice at the Public and I'm seeing it at the Rodgers soon, but Whizzer hit the nail on the head for me. It IS something that benefits from multiple viewings, however. I'm anxious to see it for a third time to see if I like it even more.

It's not some God-send of a masterpiece, but I understand why it's creating the buzz it is. It's fresh, unique, smart, and boundary-pushing. But as far as being the best thing Broadway has seen in decades...not sold

• A NEW BRAIN  Jun 24 2015, 11:56:43 PM

Also...Rema Webb. 

Thats all. 

• A NEW BRAIN  Jun 24 2015, 11:50:30 PM

I liked it quite a bit. It was my first exposure and I was won over for the most part. The score is lovely, and although the story is never really as moving or affecting as it should be, this is a lovely production with some awesome performances. Absolutely worth seeing. 

• American In Paris or Something Rotten  Jun 23 2015, 10:43:21 PM

ROTTEN. 

• The annual NY Times Tony voters poll  Jun 5 2015, 08:04:14 AM

I'm really pulling for FUN HOME. It's leagues better than AAIP. In fact, so is ROTTEN! in my opinion. Ugh. 

• Expert Tony predictions  May 7 2015, 01:42:37 PM

^ this. 

• Expert Tony predictions  May 7 2015, 01:30:55 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/theater/theaterspecial/the-tony-nominations-should-be.html?ref=theater

Isherwood's predictions are up. His AAIP love is a bit out of control...

And, as others have said, these predictions are usually not very accurate and should be taken with a grain of salt...or a few grains. 

• Who is winning Featured Actress in a Play?  Apr 30 2015, 09:38:29 PM

I think and hope it'll be Sarah Stiles. 

• If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?  Apr 24 2015, 11:22:13 AM

I ask this question every year, and I always love hearing what everyone says.

Say you had the power to guarantee one 2015 Tony nominee. What/who would be your single dream nomination (either something you don't think will get the actual nomination or something you would just absolutely love to see get recognized)? And why?

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 23 2015, 03:16:48 PM

Just a reminder that DidHeLikeIt.com is run independent of Brantley or The NY Times. So those "on the fence," "thumbs up," or "thumbs down" summaries are entirely subjective. And sometimes change. But they aren't affiliated with Brantley directly at all. It's Ken Davenport's site. 

I miss StageGrade too. Ugh  

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 23 2015, 09:16:27 AM

How many stars from the Post?

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 23 2015, 01:43:01 AM

Brantley's review stands out as the most overtly negative of the bunch. Frankly I am a big fan of the show and have been for some time. I hope it manages to be the hit it deserves to be, whether or not that means a Tony Award. 

• DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Reviews  Apr 21 2015, 11:05:37 PM

These are...special. 

• Tonys: This Year's Full Field of Contenders  Apr 21 2015, 04:58:13 PM

Right, but they also haven't met on ISBY and FUN HOME and he makes judgement calls about category placement for many people from those shows. 

• Tonys: This Year's Full Field of Contenders  Apr 21 2015, 04:38:54 PM

This list is also missing everyone from AIRLINE HIGHWAY and has Leanne Cope in the wrong category. 

• Raúl Esparza and Katie Finneran Announce Outer Critics Circle Nominees Today  Apr 20 2015, 11:26:44 AM

And HAMILTON is eligible this year. 

• Tonys: This Year's Full Field of Contenders  Apr 20 2015, 10:28:53 AM

Kate Reinders, John Cariani, presumed front-runner Brad Oscar... And depending on how much the critics love the show, long-time character actors Brooks Ashmanskas and Peter Bartlett are both very funny in the show as well. Not saying they'll be nominated, but if this list includes David Burtka, it should probably include a few of the ROTTEN! names. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV