Profile for WiCkEDrOcKS

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld WiCkEDrOcKS
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: WiCkEDrOcKS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 30
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
August: Osage County
Brighton Beach Memoirs
Company
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Dreamgirls
Gypsy
Hair
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Les Misérables
Next Fall
next to normal
Proof
Ragtime
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
West Side Story
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Betty Buckley
Norbert Leo Butz
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Harvey Fierstein
Sutton Foster
Jennifer Holliday
Hugh Jackman
Nathan Lane
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Audra McDonald
Idina Menzel
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Sherie Rene Scott

Currently Listening To: Anything and everything!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Tony Awards Make Final Rulings of the Season on SHUFFLE ALONG & More!  Apr 29 2016, 01:19:21 PM

I agree with that  list, IdinaBellFoster.

But... If it were up to me, BRIGHT STAR would sneak in there over WAITRESS.

• Tony Awards Make Final Rulings of the Season on SHUFFLE ALONG & More!  Apr 29 2016, 01:13:39 PM

Now I can't help but wonder if they'll shut out SHUFFLE from the Best Musical race just to prove a point (like they did when ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS wanted to be considered a Revival - and then was omitted from Best Play). 

• SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 10:12:07 PM

In my ideal world, Audra, Cynthia, Jessie, Carmen, and Laura would be nominated. Wonderful as Phillipa is, her nomination would just be part of the HAMILTON nominations sweep.  What a great year for female performances in musicals. 

• SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 10:05:22 PM

Brantley hits the nail on the head 100%. It's flawed, but when it flies, it SOARS.  It'll be interesting to find out what Tony category this ones competing in tomorrow. 

• SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 09:18:42 PM

Well-deserved reviews for a wonderful show. 

• Will Color Purple get the same number of tony noms as original  Apr 27 2016, 11:12:06 AM

In terms of design, I hope it gets a nomination for lighting design.  

The original production got 11 nominations.  This production will not reach that number - mainly because of HAMILTON and because it's  not eligible for book and score.

• WAITRESS Reviews  Apr 24 2016, 10:59:55 PM

Stellar as Mueller's reviews are so far, this is Cynthia's award to lose.  That's pretty much a done deal.

• My DEAR EVAN HANSEN note / the finale (spoiler!)  Apr 21 2016, 08:14:25 AM

I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed the show, but moments like this, where it's afraid to get "too dark" are cop-outs and throw the tone of the piece into question.  A lot like N2N at 2ST - they then took the time to refocus and tweak the tone of the show before transferring to Broadway.  While an entirely different show in almost ever way, I think this is a similar problem with DEH.  There's a lot of good in the show, which makes me really root for them to work on

• 2016 Drama League Nominations & Awards  Apr 20 2016, 12:08:33 PM

I also wouldn't count out Cicely Tyson.

• FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Apr 20 2016, 11:02:07 AM

DOLLY! is not taking the St. James.

• Bright Star on the Today Show  Apr 19 2016, 09:47:35 PM

Erivo is a lock.  But Cusack is giving a simply fantastic performance - I hope she's at least recognized with a Tony nomination.  It's a crowded category.

• Shuffle Along runtime  Apr 12 2016, 10:17:54 AM

They've cut and trimmed quite a lot since the first preview...

• Marissa Jaret Winokur back on Broadway?  Apr 9 2016, 06:50:37 PM

Benjamin Walker is not a "movie star." He has played the lead in movies (all flops) but he's not a "movie star." There's a difference. 

• Heather Headley to take over for J.Hud in THE COLOR PURPLE  Apr 7 2016, 01:05:00 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Broadway/videos/vb.12449188884/10154146346098885/?type=2&theater

Hudson's last performance is May 8th - Headley's first performance is May 10th.

• Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert  Apr 5 2016, 09:21:26 AM

Nights like last evening remind me why I love the theater. It was incredible. How fitting that the first spoken words are "what happened here?" To see this flawless cast reassembled in their old home was one of the highlights of this theatergoing season. "Fable" and "The Light in the Piazza" stopped the show cold. Stunning doesn't even begin to describe it. What an honor to see Victoria Clark reprise her mammoth performance as Margaret Johnson, 99% off book,

• TUCK EVERLASTING Previews  Apr 2 2016, 03:24:41 PM

SOMETHING ROTTEN! never had a different opening number. They did, however, have a lovely Act Two quartet that was cut early on. 

• Shuffle Along previews  Mar 20 2016, 03:34:50 PM

I really enjoyed it. 

Is there too much exposition? Yes. Does it need trimming? Yes. Is the second act problematic? Yes. 

But this is a wildly entertaining show with a cast that just does not quit. The performances are across the board first rate. The dancing is absolutely unbelievable. I don't think I've ever seen tap dancing at this level onstage in my life. It's wildly impressive. 

The show has its si

• American Psycho OBCR released 3/25  Mar 18 2016, 11:15:49 AM

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/17/american-psycho-stream-full-london-cast-recording

• THE ROYALE at Lincoln Center?  Mar 4 2016, 05:04:28 PM

Has anyone here seen it?  What's the buzz?

• FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Reviews  Dec 20 2015, 12:32:09 PM

What a year for revivals - and it's only December. Hope this production gets the praise it deserves!

BROADWAYWORLD TV