Profile for WiCkEDrOcKS

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld WiCkEDrOcKS
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: WiCkEDrOcKS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 30
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
August: Osage County
Brighton Beach Memoirs
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Into the Woods
Les Misérables
Next Fall
next to normal
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
West Side Story

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Betty Buckley
Norbert Leo Butz
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Harvey Fierstein
Sutton Foster
Jennifer Holliday
Hugh Jackman
Nathan Lane
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Audra McDonald
Idina Menzel
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Sherie Rene Scott

Currently Listening To: Anything and everything!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 23 2015, 11:55:43 PM

A stunning production with a brilliant leading performance. It's a long evening of theater but it didn't feel it. Bart Sher is a genius and Danny Burstein's Tony win finally looks like it may come to fruition this season. 

It's not flaw-free, but it's truly beautiful. And very moving.  I loved it. 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 22 2015, 03:49:56 PM

For real.  People, calm the hell down. We have a couple reviews posted already; is that not good enough? 

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 11 2015, 08:47:54 AM

See, I found that this production highlighted the tragedy of everything so much better than the original. And I felt in that respect, the bursts of joy that came from the show were needed and earned. 

I felt Celie's pain way more than I ever did in the original production. 

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 11 2015, 01:05:17 AM

I wasn't crazy about Kyle either. I thought Isaiah Johnson was exceptional, though. Joaquina is fantastic. She and Cynthia have great chemistry and you completely believe their bond and love for each other. 

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 10 2015, 11:45:52 PM

I agree with the diction comments. I think they could all use some work on their enunciation and  diction - except Erivo. She's ready for the critics already!

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 10 2015, 11:18:51 PM

No overture. 

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 10 2015, 10:47:33 PM

It's stunning. The three women are wonderful. Hudson is refreshingly restrained and fantastic. Williams is hilarious and heartbreaking. Erivo is a star. What a performance. Standing O after "I'm Here." 

Arden should talk to Doyle. THIS is how you deconstruct and reconstruct a musical. Don't miss it. 

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 10 2015, 07:57:59 AM

I will be there. 

• School of Rock Previews  Nov 10 2015, 06:22:11 AM

Glad to hear positive things. 

I really enjoyed the the show at the Gramercy this summer and I'm excited to see the full-fledged production. It's a lot of fun. 

• Lost Girls previews. MCC @ Lortel  Nov 5 2015, 03:57:40 PM

Does anyone even read After Eight's "reviews" anymore?  I see them and literally just skip to the next post. 

• Best Musical: Who Will Take The Other 3 Slots?  Oct 29 2015, 11:24:24 AM

I have no idea how or why that happened!! So bizarre. 

• Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center  Oct 28 2015, 09:12:32 AM

Couldn't agree more. This was one of the more perfect marriages of character and performer I've seen onstage in a while. 

• Best Musical: Who Will Take The Other 3 Slots?  Oct 28 2015, 07:52:43 AM

None of the above. It should be announced relatively soon. 

• Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center  Oct 28 2015, 12:10:43 AM

This production is one of the best things this season (and many past City Center seasons) has had to offer. It's fantastic. Megan Hilty is a revelation and Andy Karl is perfection. 

If this were to ever become a full fledged Broadway production, they may as well engrave her Tony now. 

• Scott Rudin Will Transfer The Humans  Oct 27 2015, 04:37:18 PM

Didn't we say BLACKBIRD is being considered a revival? It was last seen in NY almost ten years ago. 

• Best Musical: Who Will Take The Other 3 Slots?  Oct 27 2015, 07:59:25 AM

Not AMELIE. 

And (if we are talking about the same show) while I agree at the moment, Capn, weirder things have happened...

You never know. 

• Best Musical: Who Will Take The Other 3 Slots?  Oct 26 2015, 11:35:09 PM

There is also at least one new musical not mentioned yet in this thread that will be announcing shortly. It's hard to predict anything when there are sure to be a bunch of wrenches thrown into the works before Tony time...and before a lot of these shows have even opened. 

• Dada Woof Papa Hot previews  Oct 26 2015, 10:29:33 AM

I loved this show so much.

John Benjamin Hickey, always wonderful, is the anchor that holds this fantastic cast together.  This is one of his best performances, which is pretty much the highest praise I can give him.  He's exceptional.  And the rest of the cast is up to par with him, particularly Patrick Breen and Tammy Blanchard.  I was really moved and fascinated by the play.  It poses a lot of interesting questions about fidelity, gay culture

• The Bandstand Previews  Oct 20 2015, 04:16:07 PM

Did you read the actual reviews...?

• The Bandstand Previews  Oct 19 2015, 05:41:29 PM

Well, these critics definitely don't agree with most of the negative notices on here:

Advertisement Advertisement