Profile for WiCkEDrOcKS

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld WiCkEDrOcKS
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: WiCkEDrOcKS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 30
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
August: Osage County
Brighton Beach Memoirs
Company
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Dreamgirls
Gypsy
Hair
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Les Misérables
Next Fall
next to normal
Proof
Ragtime
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
West Side Story
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Betty Buckley
Norbert Leo Butz
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Harvey Fierstein
Sutton Foster
Jennifer Holliday
Hugh Jackman
Nathan Lane
Angela Lansbury
Patti LuPone
Audra McDonald
Idina Menzel
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Sherie Rene Scott

Currently Listening To: Anything and everything!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Best Leading Actress in a Musical 2017  Mar 21 2017, 04:15:59 PM

My money's on Midler, Ebersole, LuPone, Noblezada, and Osnes.

• THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG Previews  Mar 17 2017, 11:27:19 AM

The thing about farces is that they need to build in order to work.  They should get more and more ridiculous and fast-paced as the show goes on.  The problem with THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG is that it starts at 10 and has nowhere to go from there.  

The jokes get tired very quickly and the show could easily be an hour with no intermission.  It's all well-executed enough and the actors are all very game, but the shtick gets old after thirty minutes.

• GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 16 2017, 10:16:25 PM

Shit happens. Glad they handled it well by inviting everyone to come back. 

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Mar 15 2017, 11:13:28 PM

How was Jen Simard?

Did the title number stop the show? How is the choreography? 

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Mar 14 2017, 05:25:02 PM

Odd that they haven't yet released a photo of the cover of the Playbill, no?

• COME FROM AWAY Previews  Mar 12 2017, 10:07:02 PM

The only comps during previews were for the creative team in the last row of the orchestra.  

Well... I attended on a comp and I am neither a critic, nor am I on the show's creative team. So this is not accurate. 

• COME FROM AWAY Previews  Mar 12 2017, 10:47:51 AM

See, I loved ONCE. 

COME FROM AWAY, not so much. 

• The Light Years previews~  Mar 11 2017, 09:40:40 PM

Any other reports on this?

• COME FROM AWAY Previews  Mar 11 2017, 01:04:14 PM

Sabrelady, chill out.  I do know for certain that the performance I attended was highly papered.  It was a press performance and the producers wanted an enthusiastic audience.  I can't speak for other performances, but yes, the show I attended was, in fact, highly papered.

As for the direction, for me, the way Ashley handled the numerous characters and storylines was clueless.  I found it confusing, busy, and unfocused.  C

• COME FROM AWAY Previews  Mar 11 2017, 12:04:50 PM

I have no idea what show I saw, but I guess I'm in the minority - I disliked it.  A lot.

An incredibly monotonous score, weak performances, clueless direction, no dramatic tension at all.  I'm all for original musicals, but this one was rough.  Jenn does sound fantastic during her solo - but the song is trite and unmemorable.  

Nothing about the show resonated with me emotionally either - none of the stories or characters were developed

• THE PRICE Previews  Mar 4 2017, 05:08:11 PM

I thought this was a bore, through and through.  The night I went, every single actor had trouble remembering their lines.  Each of them must have stumbled over at least ten lines throughout the night. I didn't like any of the performances - not even Tony Shalhoub, who I usually love.  DeVito's accent is...something else.  Hecht is doing the same thing we've seen her done a million times and Ruffalo came across as so incredibly bland and unenthused,&n

• Sunday in the Park with George 2017  Mar 1 2017, 12:02:46 PM

"Cute"....?

• Rants! (And Other Ways to Un-Twist the Tongue)  Feb 21 2017, 02:40:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlH1QtFuDGk

• SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE in Performances (The 2017 Revival)  Feb 20 2017, 08:44:09 AM

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but how are the seats in the last few rows of the balcony?  Is the view ok?

• What's Going to Win Best Musical?  Feb 14 2017, 10:58:51 AM

EVAN HANSEN has the momentum right now, but I think a lot of people are underestimating GROUNDHOG DAY.

• If I Forget Previews  Feb 9 2017, 08:52:22 AM

I thought it was good.  A solid B.  It could definitely have used a few more rewrites and revisions to reach its full potential. The first act dragged a bit and could benefit from some cutting and fine-tuning.  I thought act two was much better.  

The performances are all exceptional, particularly Jeremy Shamos and Maria Dizza.

• If I Forget Previews  Feb 8 2017, 11:34:57 AM

What was the running time last night?

• Groundhog Day Marketing/Advertising  Feb 2 2017, 11:44:16 AM

Well, I thought that commercial was really clever.

• Groundhog Day Marketing?  Jan 20 2017, 10:25:02 AM

Did anyone else read the reviews from the West End...?

Leap of Faith? Really?

• Significant Other on Broadway  Jan 17 2017, 04:40:42 PM

The Off-Broadway artwork so was so great.  This new artwork, not so much.