BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Overkill
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Overkill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 2 - 12
Favorite Show(s): 1776
Assassins
Avenue Q
Barnum
Chaplin
Company
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Floyd Collins
Follies
Glory Days
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Into the Woods
La Cage aux Folles
Little Me
Little Shop of Horrors
Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me
Merrily We Roll Along
next to normal
Promises, Promises
Rooms: a rock romance
Spring Awakening
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
Sweet Smell of Success
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
The Addams Family
The Drowsy Chaperone
The Frogs
The Goodbye Girl
The Last Five Years
The Producers
The Wedding Singer
The Wild Party
They're Playing Our Song
[title of show]

Favorite Performer(s): Brooks Ashmanskas
Roger Bart
Gary Beach
Norbert Leo Butz
Carol Channing
Raúl E. Esparza
Brian d'Arcy James
Danny Kaye
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Leslie Kritzer
Nathan Lane
John Lithgow
Mandy Patinkin
Bernadette Peters
Sherie Rene Scott
Martin Short
Brent Spiner
John Tartaglia
Kate Wetherhead
Chip Zien

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • 2 shows in 1 night? (Fun Home & Hedwig)  Apr 12 2015, 12:42:55 PM

Glad to hear it went well for you, afaye11! I bought my tickets to both shows, so I'm all set. Hopefully it all works out. I'm so excited!!

• 2 shows in 1 night? (Fun Home & Hedwig)  Apr 2 2015, 02:58:00 AM

Thanks guys! Sounds like a close call for sure, but it'll be worth it. :) 

A biiit off-topicish - whats the best section to sit in for FUN HOME. I'm so indecisive with circle in the square seating...

• 2 shows in 1 night? (Fun Home & Hedwig)  Apr 2 2015, 02:00:16 AM

I'm debating on attempting this... Catch Fun Home on a Friday night, it starts at 8, and supposedly runs an hour and a half with no intermission. So, that would put me getting out at 9:30, and Hedwig starts at 10. Of course, this is considering there are no late starts at the Fun Home... Thoughts? Can it be done, or is it too close of a call?

• LA CAGE AUX FOLLES in Boca Raton, starring Lee Roy Reams and Walter Charles!  Feb 2 2015, 02:36:34 PM
    I went back to see the show a few days ago, and it's only gotten better!!! Both men are obviously not in their PRIME, but they are turning in very fine, well rounded, legendary performances. The Cagelles are TOP. NOTCH. As are the supporting members of the cast - ESPECIALLY Angie Radosh (John Tartaglia's mom) as a hilariously drunken Mme. Dindon. The costumes are stunning!!!

BWW did a special article on the theatre and production, there are some photos! Check it out!
  • LA CAGE AUX FOLLES in Boca Raton, starring Lee Roy Reams and Walter Charles!  Jan 10 2015, 10:14:18 AM
    Walter was the original understudy for both Albin and Georges, and he was in the ensemble.. I think he eventually played Albin regularly on Broadway, but I know for sure that he opened the L.A. company of La Cage as Albin!
  • LA CAGE AUX FOLLES in Boca Raton, starring Lee Roy Reams and Walter Charles!  Jan 10 2015, 09:42:59 AM
    So, I just got back from The Wick Theatre and Costume Museum, in Boca Raton, FL! The whole theatre is a true, moving, classy experience. This new theatre is owned and run by the famous, Costume World. There are even tours of the museum, which is just incredible. Filled with original Broadway costumes.

LA CAGE AUX FOLLES is playing now, starring Broadway Royalty, Lee Roy Reams as Albin, and veteran Walter Charles as Georges. Not to mention an AMAZING cast of Cagelles, and local notables
  • FORUM Coming Back To Broadway?  Apr 25 2014, 05:54:17 PM
    ^ That makes sense. There does need to be a "straight man" to all the chaos, and I guess I overlooked that that's exactly what Hero contributes. lol But yes, Parsons would be an excellent Hysterium, as well.

If we're going with an all male cast, I'm gonna be obvious and say Harvey as Domina :P It would amazing to actually get Mary Testa back, though. She's still fully capable to rock the part like she did back in the 90's. Maybe Marin Mazzie? Sally Struthers?
  • FORUM Coming Back To Broadway?  Apr 25 2014, 05:04:50 PM
    Forum is my very FAVORITE show. I'm so thrilled by this news. I think there's ton of potential in terms of casting.

James Corden, Geoffrey Rush, Danny Burstein, Christopher Fitzgerald (Although I see him more as a Hysterium) and yes, even Jack Black, would all be inspired.
    Other actors I'd love to see tackle the role:
    Martin Short
    Mark Hammil
    Mike Myers
    Paul Reubens
    John C. Riley
    Rowan Atkinson
    Josh Gad
    Patton Oswalt
    - just anyone b
  • Bullets Over Broadway TDF  Apr 9 2014, 08:24:32 PM
    So, sorta off-topic, but I attended a talk back of a show Off-Broadway, with Richard Kind a few weeks ago, the day after seeing Bullets (which I thought was fun, and OK - and Im a HUGE fan of Stro, Zach, Brooks, and Woody especially...) and he said he passed on the show, because he didn't want to sign a year contract to do it... I assume he would have played Brooks' role? Thoughts?

P.S. Brooks turned in my favorite performance of the night. That being said, I haven't seen a performance
  • Broadway Stars in TV Commercials  Apr 9 2014, 07:20:02 PM
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Nathan Lane's several commercials:

2 NYQUIL commercials in the early 90's:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNeIoyZ4II8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVY-bXIFyRY

I.D. Board Game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kr4pRJbvbQ

1981 Pi
  • Best site to buy tickets?  Mar 16 2014, 10:49:45 PM
    I know there have been such threads before, and I searched, not coming across a legit thread that really answered my question. What are the best sites to buy broadway tickets? I haven't been to NYC since I moved back in 2006, and I'm making my first trip back this month to catch some shows! :) I've been out of the ticket buying game and used to have my sites - but now the only thing I can find so far that seems reliable is Broadway.com ...

Also, is Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder o
  • THE NANCE Air Date??  Feb 6 2014, 06:02:17 PM
    Any word yet on when this is going to air? I remember reading that February was it's goal air date.. I'm so anxious to see it!!!
  • Norbert Leo Butz in They're Playing Our Song?  Jan 24 2014, 01:06:55 PM
    So, I was watching Norb's interview on Broadway.com, and he said that a comfortable revival is "coming up" - he's a bit burnt out on building new work from the ground up, and that's all he's ever done in NY. So it got me thinking, what would be a good vehicle for him to revive.

He seems perfectly suited for They're Playing Our Song! His rendition of "Fallin'" would be gorgeous. Perfectly suited for the score and character - not to mention how great he'd be in that title number. I t
  • Tovah Feldshuh Leaving PIPPIN?  Nov 16 2013, 06:10:27 AM
    I'm not the first to suggest it, but Cathy Rigby would be a wonderful Berthe!
  • Possible Wicked film casting idea  Sep 9 2013, 01:37:53 PM
    Dream cast:

Elphaba: Samantha Barks
    Glinda: Brittany Snow
    Fiyero: Aaron Tveit
    Boq: Daniel Radcliff
    Nessa: Lily Collins
    The Wizard: Dicky Van Dyke or Robin Williams
    Madame Morrible: Julie Andrews or Angela Lansbury
    Dr. Dillamond: Doug Jones
  • Alan Menken Interview - HUNCHBACK CONFIRMED!  Aug 10 2013, 05:19:45 PM
    I personally would love to see John Tartaglia take on Clopin. He has the falsetto for that D, I believe.. and most certainly the physicality and comedy. Raul Esparza would be great, as he always is, but I can just hear that high D turning into the Raul "belt" ala the end of "Being Alive"...

I just hope they find a true character actor for Quasimodo. I love Josh Strickland, and I know it was just a preview, but if anyone of that type casting is thrown in the role, I'll be very disappoint
  • Craziest stage door memories  Jul 20 2013, 03:52:28 PM
    Day before Thanksgiving day 2005, there was a HUGE crowd at the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels stagedoor. My mom, brother, two friends, and I were all visiting from Mississippi. We chatted with the man at the stage door, and he kept making fun of my family's accents, and asking if we rode "4 wheelers" and ate crawfish... After standing there for a minute he said, "Okay, just you 5, come on..." And he took us on the stage of the Imperial, and let us take pictures on the set. Wonderful memory.

A
  • Shows with ONE male and female lead plus lots of supporting female roles.  Jul 20 2013, 03:42:33 PM
    If you're looking for something a little more specific: They're Playing Our Song has one male lead, one female lead - then three men and three women, who serve as the voices/greek chorus for the leads. Great show!
  • Whoopi Goldberg as Pseudolous  Jul 20 2013, 03:23:17 PM
    I used to have a pro-shot bootleg of her in the show that was shot for press reels. I wish I could find it! Nathan Lane said himself that if there had been a replacement Tony, or if she had opened the show, she definitely would have won for her performance.

She was wonderful, and very much Whoopi as Whoopi. The thing about Pseudolus is, the STAR of the show is pretty much just playing a version of themselves, but within a Greek musical comedy. Zero, Phil Silvers, Nathan Lane, Mickey Ro
  • Soul Doctor  Jun 30 2013, 08:29:31 PM
    I'm also from Mississippi, very close to New Orleans, and I missed it when it premiered in 2011(?).. I had friends who saw it and said they had a great time, but I don't remember much else. I recall researching it a bit and being very interested. Going back and watching this HUGE shout out/show reel Larry King did for the show, I'd still like to see it. Especially at Circle in the Square, where I think this sort of show would thrive. That being said, one of the biggest draws for me was Ben Crawf

BROADWAYWORLD TV